Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of him ending up at City? They sold Alvarez and Haaland gonna miss 10 odd games a season due to muscle injuries, Oscar Bobb out until December as well so their forward line is actually fairly thin.

Any chance of him ending up at City? They sold Alvarez and Haaland gonna miss 10 odd games a season due to muscle injuries, Oscar Bobb out until December as well so their forward line is actually fairly thin.

I could see that. I can’t see City going into this season with only Haaland as an actual 9.

I could see that. I can’t see City going into this season with only Haaland as an actual 9.
Not in a million years. I seen a video with Simon Jordan saying the reason he’s still there are that his wage demands which he has seen are astronomical. City are not going to bring him in as one of the top earners in the squad to sit him on the bench.

I think that's exactly what they'll do. I can see them signing an attacking player to replace Alvarez's position in the squad, but an out-and-out striker? No, it's basically the Kane problem Tottenham had.

surprised Arsenal aren’t in for him. They need a proper striker
there were lots of rumblings that arsenal were flirting with him in the january transfer window. But it was rumored that there were some red flags about his attitude and Arteta called it off. I feel like i remember hearing that

Havertz is far better than Toney. I don’t know why he continues to get overlooked here. Ever since going to the 9, he has scored or assisted a goal every single week. He was superb on Saturday again. There is no way Arsenal will go for him.

Havertz is far better than Toney. I don’t know why he continues to get overlooked here. Ever since going to the 9, he has scored or assisted a goal every single week. He was superb on Saturday again. There is no way Arsenal will go for him.

I think even among our fanbase, let alone rivals/neutrals, Havertz needs to keep it up longer before people believe it's not just an extended purple patch and he'll regress to the mean. He was widely considered as potential world-class at one point but his lack of consistency at Chelsea has really stuck to his reputation.

As for Toney, lots of different sources say he had a meeting with Arteta and they didn't vibe at all, though there seems to be wild disagreement about when this actually took place (was hearing that Arsenal didn't like his attitude as far back as Christmas, but others confidently talk about a car crash meeting 'just before the Euros') so it could just be a case of repeating each other's bullshit.

Havertz is essential to arsenal in how they play. Very similar to Gabriel jesus. Ironically if they wanted another player in that mould, Zirkzee would have been a good fit. However they probably need a different type of striker. They can do much better than toney though.

Havertz is essential to arsenal in how they play. Very similar to Gabriel jesus. Ironically if they wanted another player in that mould, Zirkzee would have been a good fit. However they probably need a different type of striker. They can do much better than toney though.

I think they have something now in Havertz and Jesus is an able deputy. There is nothing to be gained bringing in Toney now, especially on high wages.

It’s The Sun but you can’t help but laugh

Would not be surprised by this at all.

The weird thing about this potential signing is that it would probably be one of the few signings they've made that actually makes sense.

Would not be surprised by this at all.

The weird thing about this potential signing is that it would probably be one of the few signings they've made that actually makes sense.
Agree. Said this a few posts ago. Will just make their fire sale even bigger though. Don’t they need to raise about £250m by end of this window?

Agree. Said this a few posts ago. Will just make their fire sale even bigger though. Don’t they need to raise about £250m by end of this window?
Have no idea tbh. I've given up following Chelsea, I feel like every time I watch them play I see some new players I've never heard of (Yesterday it was Viega). Last I checked I thought they were ok because they sold a hotel or something of the sort.

Why does he want to move to Saudi? He’s still young and on the top of his career. This is the time in his career when he should make the move to a bigger club. Not go to Saudi…
He's on "feck all" relatively at around £20k p/w apparently, hard to turn down what'll probably be minimum 10x that

Why does he want to move to Saudi? He’s still young and on the top of his career. This is the time in his career when he should make the move to a bigger club. Not go to Saudi…

Big prem clubs won't pay the asking fee, he's now 28 and spent the best part of 7 seasons at League One level or lower.

I don't blame him a single second if he goes to make big money there for a few seasons, EFL strikers could only dream of that career path.

Big prem clubs won't pay the asking fee, he's now 28 and spent the best part of 7 seasons at League One level or lower.

I don't blame him a single second if he goes to make big money there for a few seasons, EFL strikers could only dream of that career path.

Yeah you might get a little bit of late interest if he's still on the table in last few days of window. I would suspect this is going to be the Saudi leagues big purchase for the summer

He doesn't have the opportunity or quality to play for a bigger club. He's 28 and a pretty average PL striker.

getting 50m for him seems like a pretty sweet deal for brentford at this point

Respect to Toney when you read that he's not signed a contract with them since joining from Peterborough. He's likely spent 5 years on very modest wages in comparison to his teammates, who have been signed in the prem and are less integral to the squad. He's likely cost Brentford very little for his output

Good luck to him getting what is likely to be the only seriously big contract of his career
Didn’t know that. Impressive. Laporte showed at Euros if you are good enough (especially his ball carrying and left footed passing skills) that you can start and be a key player for a top international team whilst playing in Saudi. Let’s see if Southgate’s successor is as open minded.

He doesn't have the opportunity or quality to play for a bigger club. He's 28 and a pretty average PL striker.

Honestly think he does have the quality to play for bigger club but seemingly not the opportunity

We need to get this done. You can't be a serious team relying on an injury prone young player

Today was a harsh lesson and hard watch in attack sense

Huh? He's not young at all; turns 29 this season. He's only like 18 months younger than Bruno.

This is it for him as far as big contracts; he's got one shot basically as he got started so late. Sign a 4-5 year deal and he'll be 33-34 by the end, and as a non-elite striker he's probably no longer particularly very useful after that.

And he's made zero money (relatively) in his career, on a miniscule contract with Brentford now. He's looking for a big payout.

We need to get this done. You can't be a serious team relying on an injury prone young player

Today was a harsh lesson and hard watch in attack sense

He will go to Saudi

Last edited:
Who would you like?

Toney :lol:

I think there are times where maybe not an ideal option is the best for the moment. Hes the age we want for a striker if hojlund is the plan and our front line is very young. He's aggressive and arrogant and has played PL plenty. I wish the time was right for a gamble or signing of potential but it isn't.

Toney :lol:

I think there are times where maybe not an ideal option is the best for the moment. Hes the age we want for a striker if hojlund is the plan and our front line is very young. He's aggressive and arrogant and has played PL plenty. I wish the time was right for a gamble or signing of potential but it isn't.

No it definitely isn't, however I am certain he is going to let this window close and join Saudi team after that

Status
Not open for further replies.