Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it definitely isn't, however I am certain he is going to let this window close and join Saudi team after that

Ya I feel there'd be more noise if we were actually interested. We've played 3 games now though, including the community shield, and scored only 1 in each of them, and have also failed to keep a clean sheet. We need goals. I feel players like amad and garnacho would only improve with a target man. Even Fernandes has never really played with one.

Ya I feel there'd be more noise if we were actually interested. We've played 3 games now though, including the community shield, and scored only 1 in each of them, and have also failed to keep a clean sheet. We need goals. I feel players like amad and garnacho would only improve with a target man. Even Fernandes has never really played with one.
We kept a clean sheet against Fulham.

I can't help feeling Zirkzee is a luxury attacking signing WHEN you already have a proven goalscorer which we clearly don't

I can't help feeling Zirkzee is a luxury attacking signing WHEN you already have a proven goalscorer which we clearly don't

I think we're seeing a mix of rebuilding for now and for the medium term. It makes sense but is difficult to pull off

Don't take him Saudi, we still lack a striker of that profile in this squad so INEOS make that move

Is this really the profile of striker we want at United? Never played for a big club; clear and obvious character issues re: betting scandal; and looking for his last big pay day at 28. This has flop written all over it. I would rather the club wait and consider a move for younger options like Evan Ferguson.

Is this really the profile of striker we want at United? Never played for a big club; clear and obvious character issues re: betting scandal; and looking for his last big pay day at 28. This has flop written all over it. I would rather the club wait and consider move for younger options like Evan Ferguson.
Evan Ferguson has far from proven himself.

Evan Ferguson has far from proven himself.
That's why the club will wait and assess his progress, I'm not saying buy him now. There are better and cheaper short-term options available who don't have a history of placing bets on their own side losing. I would much rather take a chance on Welbeck for 1 or 2 seasons, as an example.

Is this really the profile of striker we want at United? Never played for a big club; clear and obvious character issues re: betting scandal; and looking for his last big pay day at 28. This has flop written all over it. I would rather the club wait and consider a move for younger options like Evan Ferguson.
We already have Hojlund that needs to improve and develop plus Zirkzee that’s also young and not yet at his peak. You would think it’s better to target an established striker in their prime rather than another hot prospect.

Exactly that, totally agree, currently if we don’t add an attacking option to replace Jadon Sancho, this current United. Team still scores less than 60 PL goals for the 4th season running.

And only then will the hierarchy understand, Man United is all about Attack, Attack , Attack!

That's why the club will wait and assess his progress, I'm not saying buy him now. There are better and cheaper short-term options available who don't have a history of placing bets on their own side losing. I would much rather take a chance on Welbeck for 1 or 2 seasons, as an example.
I think the welbeck train has sailed. I never wanted to sell him, but he looks happy now.

So, we’re looking at moving on Hannibal, McT & Sancho.

Surely we’d have enough left in the coffers to make a late bid?

So, we’re looking at moving on Hannibal, McT & Sancho.

Surely we’d have enough left in the coffers to make a late bid?
We'd be lucky to get 2M for Hannibal, Sancho is on loan, and McT's money will be used to fund Ugarte.

Not happening. Anyway even if we had funds, it should go for a second midfielder or an emergency left back on loan.

You know when you look at someone and think he's a massive arse hole. That's the vibe I get from Toney.
We don't need another bell end

We'd be lucky to get 2M for Hannibal, Sancho is on loan, and McT's money will be used to fund Ugarte.

Not happening. Anyway even if we had funds, it should go for a second midfielder or an emergency left back on loan.

Given up on a second midfielder as Rabiot was really the only affordable option, in terms of a LB I am certain we will go with what we have

If we could sign him for around 35m I'd be delighted tbh. Can never have enough strikers, based on absolutely nothing apart from the famous four we had in 1999.

We have looked like scoring no goals so far this season, so would just like a striker in at this stage.

If we could sign him for around 35m I'd be delighted tbh. Can never have enough strikers, based on absolutely nothing apart from the famous four we had in 1999.

We have looked like scoring no goals so far this season, so would just like a striker in at this stage.

Yeah that would be my cutoff figure, seems Al Ahli are willing to offer the £50m that Brentford want

The only chance of toney is if we get a sale for sancho however that’s looking increasingly like a loan.

Getting rid of Sancho, Mejbri and McTominay must bring more than enough for Ugarte and maybe a Toney?

We on another day score 4 against Fulham, a sharper Fernandes has 2 and how Gernacho missed that open goal I’ll never know.

We should have had two at Brentford but for a bit of bad freakish luck. Man Utd have invested too much in Hojilund, they will give him
This season at least as the main man.

Status
Not open for further replies.