Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he’ll be a deadline day signing if we were to go in for him

He is trying to make out that we have had a word to say sit tight and once we sell we will go for him with a better bargaining hand late in the window.

Anyways, probably nonsense as always

That Plettenberg needs an English lesson for the sake of some folk on here, can’t believe people are confusing what he’s trying to say and thinking we are going to have some deadline day bonanza :lol:

He scored 16 goals in his first season at the club in a new league. You think it's going to take a miracle for him to score 4 more than that ?
Yep

We’ve added a RB who can produce more attacking plays
A solid defence which should equate to more attacking
Amad is now in the side and more creative
We’ve added a coach in Ruud who can surely get more out of the forwards

Yep

We’ve added a RB who can produce more attacking plays
A solid defence which should equate to more attacking
Amad is now in the side and more creative
We’ve added a coach in Ruud who can surely get more out of the forwards
Yea that Amad cut back in the Community Shield which Mount didn't anticipate, Hojlund would gobble up those chances for breakfast. He's going to enjoy playing with Amad who is more of a creative player than Rashford or Garnacho.

Yea that Amad cut back in the Community Shield which Mount didn't anticipate, Hojlund would gobble up those chances for breakfast. He's going to enjoy playing with Amad who is more of a creative player than Rashford or Garnacho.

Hopefully you are right about him being able to gobble up chances created by Amad when he returns

The only concern I have about Rasmus, is not about his skills but his injuries. He’s got pace and a big frame, that usually leads to niggling injuries

Whitwell has repeatedly made out we would ideally like a striker so I wouldn’t trust the Florian dude. Why would he have any idea about Manchester United or a Brentford player?

He's only really mentioned Toney or Calvert-Lewin which suggests we aren't looking outside them

The only concern I have about Rasmus, is not about his skills but his injuries. He’s got pace and a big frame, that usually leads to niggling injuries
Agree on that. I'm starting to get concerned about that too. Less than a year since he's signed and he's already had 3 or 4 different injuries.

Whitwell has repeatedly made out we would ideally like a striker so I wouldn’t trust the Florian dude. Why would he have any idea about Manchester United or a Brentford player?
The disrespect towards foreign journalists on this forum is disgusting.

It's 2024 and we have the internet, emails, whatsapp, Twitter it's not too far outside the realms of possibility that a Sky journalist, covering the worlds most followed league WOULDN'T have some sort of knowledge about teams in our league.

He's only really mentioned Toney or Calvert-Lewin which suggests we aren't looking outside them
Ferguson too but he’ll be too pricey you’d think. And he’s injured himself. I’m convinced the dream plan is Pellistri/Hannibal/Eriksen/Mctominay/ Sancho and Lindelof out - with a left sided CB/LB, CM and ST coming. It’s been repeatedly stated that Zirkzee is not seen as just a 9 but as someone who can play anywhere across the front line - including where Mctominay spent all of last season playing.

The disrespect towards foreign journalists on this forum is disgusting.

It's 2024 and we have the internet, emails, whatsapp, Twitter it's not too far outside the realms of possibility that a Sky journalist, covering the worlds most followed league WOULDN'T have some sort of knowledge about teams in our league.

Disgusting take.
Laurie Whitwell knows more about Manchester United than a transfer journalist who tweets about every club and player on the planet. I have no idea why you go around aggressively talking at people anytime someone criticises either the people who run this club or any journalist but to say it’s tedious would be putting it mildly.

Laurie Whitwell knows more about Manchester United than a transfer journalist who tweets about every club and player on the planet. I have no idea why you go around aggressively talking at people anytime someone criticises either the people who run this club or any journalist but to say it’s tedious would be putting it mildly.

He's just an aggressive kinda guy. Every forum has one.

Ferguson too but he’ll be too pricey you’d think. And he’s injured himself. I’m convinced the dream plan is Pellistri/Hannibal/Eriksen/Mctominay/ Sancho and Lindelof out - with a left sided CB/LB, CM and ST coming. It’s been repeatedly stated that Zirkzee is not seen as just a 9 but as someone who can play anywhere across the front line - including where Mctominay spent all of last season playing.

Yeah forgot about Ferguson and agree that is most likely the dream plan but unfortunately we haven't the budget to make it happen

Honestly, i really don't mean to come across aggressively, maybe it's something that I should work on.

But I think to completely dismiss what Florian Plettenberg says just because he's a Sky Journalist in Germany is doing it a bit of disservice, he's covering the prem, why wouldn't he have a contact in the club? Sure Whitwell may have more contacts but that's not to say we can dismiss everything Florian says, especially since in the Transfer Tweet thread he's seen as one of the more reliable ones. The fact that you called him "the Florian dude" is quite disrespectful in my opinion.

Whitwell I don't think has that good transfer knowledge. What has he broken or been one of the first to? For example Plettigol first broke De Ligt. And I think it was him that said Ugarte isn't off at all (along with Romano) whilst Ornstein said we've turned away from him.

If we get more money I want a deep playmaker to come in as the alternate 8, we don't move the ball well enough and we need that option for the season. If get Ugarte in, we will need another 8 imo.

I think we need to see how the Zirkee/Hoijlund tandem works out, we might never need to spend big on a striker if they manage say 40 goals or more between them.

I also think we need to clear the transfer deficit, get our finances healthier so that we can be in position to bring in the next game changer. Toney and Ferguson are good players but I want us to be in a position to bring in the next superstar over the next two to three summers.

0519b163f36a28e84d0e5657608c5c10.png

Really not the best. If Zirkzee is going to do what he did this weekend and we cant shift McTominay then we dont need him

Hojlund, Zirkzee & Toney is probably over kill, especially since we only play one upfront.

I really like Toney though.

That Plettenberg needs an English lesson for the sake of some folk on here, can’t believe people are confusing what he’s trying to say and thinking we are going to have some deadline day bonanza :lol:
Yes sorry, it’s a language problem

Until = Before

A realistic signing in days gone by who guarantees us top 4 for me. Add a quality defensive midfielder and a full back and perhaps even a short lived title chase until Dec/jan..

In fairness, his ability to look the other way will help him in Saudi.

If we get more money I want a deep playmaker to come in as the alternate 8, we don't move the ball well enough and we need that option for the season. If get Ugarte in, we will need another 8 imo.

I think we need to see how the Zirkee/Hoijlund tandem works out, we might never need to spend big on a striker if they manage say 40 goals or more between them.

I also think we need to clear the transfer deficit, get our finances healthier so that we can be in position to bring in the next game changer. Toney and Ferguson are good players but I want us to be in a position to bring in the next superstar over the next two to three summers.
Fingers crossed we might already have him with that kid from Arsenal

This will likely be mega controversial but Madrid should look at him. He would offer something entirely different off the bench; that they don’t have now with Joselu leaving. His link up play is good, and he’s a good target man. He’s not going to start for them but he’d be a good bench player.

That’s exactly what he’s saying. Not today, not tomorrow, on deadline day Toney. Only on deadline day.

Good move for him financially. He won't get that big move this summer, Spurs was his best bet and they went for Solanke. We can't afford him and Arsenal won't spend £50m on him. Go to Saudi and line up your pockets.

It's not. The dude doesn't know what 'until' means in English. Look at this tweet. He says no chance of a move to United for De Jong and then uses the same line

No, you have it wrong. He means we won’t make a move for Toney before the deadline.
It’s lost in translation, Basically it’s a none starter.
I was being sarcastic fellas:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.