Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could see us selling Sancho but will be twists and turns, however there seems little interest in Antony
Think Antony could only leave to Arabia or on loan to some European club (French league was mentioned few months ago). We have to hope PSG come and get Sancho.

Safe to say that loan with obligation to buy story was utter BS from Delaney but not surprised. Mind you if Osimhen went to Chelsea would leave the path clear for us. Think there is truth in Whitwell saying we won't sign a forward if Sancho stays.

Safe to say that loan with obligation to buy story was utter BS from Delaney but not surprised. Mind you if Osimhen went to Chelsea would leave the path clear for us. Think there is truth in Whitwell saying we won't sign a forward if Sancho stays.
Toney is in his last year so how does a loan with an obligation to buy work, it’s just the same as buying him now and paying in two instalments?

He would be a great asset for us - just look at last night - we simply do not have anyone arriving in the box or any form of target.

Hojlund is better, or has potential to be. We need to back him.

"Some times you see a cow in the field" and all that

Hojlund is better, or has potential to be. We need to back him.

"Some times you see a cow in the field" and all that

I adore Hojlund but to say he’s better than current Toney, I disagree. For sure he has the ceiling to go beyond him though.

If we didn’t get Zirkzee, I’d have been all in on the Toney-train. I just can’t see us keeping 3 strikers happy unless Zirkzee was happy to shift to the wing for games.

Ten Hag speaks about Zirkzee as a striker. Not a false 9 or a wide man. He said "strikers need goals." I cant imagine just spending money on Toney when we have Zirkzee and Hojlund.

I adore Hojlund but to say he’s better than current Toney, I disagree. For sure he has the ceiling to go beyond him though.

If we didn’t get Zirkzee, I’d have been all in on the Toney-train. I just can’t see us keeping 3 strikers happy unless Zirkzee was happy to shift to the wing for games.

I think he would be willing to do that for team, shame this kid from Arsenal wasn't a bit of a teen sensation like Rooney who could go straight into team

Last edited:
Toney left out of squad for today’s match but not injured it seems. Looks like he’s leaving but where to???

I reckon it'll be Arsenal. If so then they actually might win the league this year.

If not, it'll be Chelsea. We can't afford him and I can't see how we would accommodate him either.

I reckon it'll be Arsenal. If so then they actually might win the league this year.

If not, it'll be Chelsea. We can't afford him and I can't see how we would accommodate him either.

Yeah I would say Arsenal by the fact they still haven't signed a striker, Chelsea seem more interested in Osimhen. Like you say we can't afford him

Come on United, go all out for him. We can't rely on Hojlund and Zirkzee to be regular goal scorers.

Much as I want that to happen it's still below signing a DM and LB (loan/free agent). There is also the small matter of Sancho still being here so haven't got the budget to make that deal.

Come on United, go all out for him. We can't rely on Hojlund and Zirkzee to be regular goal scorers.

It's a gamble on potential and ETH's job might depend on it working out. Really doesn't look like we're in for another striker this window.

I’d take him and hope it’s us, we need goal scorers, as many as we can get, what we have now won’t be enough so why not bring in someone who can help us get to where we aim to be. He’d be guaranteed goals and would have scored a couple against Fulham. It also gives Hojlund and Zirkzee some leeway and competition.

If we are able to see off Sancho - then a slot in the forward ranks opens up. But I just can't see it.

I’d take him and hope it’s us, we need goal scorers, as many as we can get, what we have now won’t be enough so why not bring in someone who can help us get to where we aim to be. He’d be guaranteed goals and would have scored a couple against Fulham. It also gives Hojlund and Zirkzee some leeway and competition.

I have accepted its Al Ahli which I spose is better than him going to a rival team instead

I think he'll go to Saudi. He's been on League 1 money for most of his career. This will be his last big contract, may as well cash in.

I have accepted its Al Ahli which I spose is better than him going to a rival team instead
If it is a Saudi club so be it but I think we’ll regret the opportunity. Just makes too much sense to bring him in. Good age profile to allow Hojlund to grow into the long term no.9 if he keeps improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.