Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs going for Solanke so another option gone, still think we might go for him late in window if by some miracle we sold Sancho and Pellistri (yeah that's not happening in a million years)

Last edited:
Did he ever play in the top league though? I don’t remember. I just remember him scoring like a machine through the other divisions and being capped by England when he was in a lower league
Bull only played one top flight game, ironically as a substitute for West Brom in 1986 (division 1). He never played in the top flight for Wolves, nor did he ever make the Premier League, narrowly missing out a few times in the playoffs in the late 90’s.
He came close to a transfer to then PL Coventry under Big Ron but ultimately stayed loyal to Wolves.

Bull only played one top flight game, ironically as a substitute for West Brom in 1986 (division 1). He never played in the top flight for Wolves, nor did he ever make the Premier League, narrowly missing out a few times in the playoffs in the late 90’s.
He came close to a transfer to then PL Coventry under Big Ron but ultimately stayed loyal to Wolves.
Shame. I used to hope United would sign him.

He's still hoping Utd come in I'm absolutely sure of it, for that to happen we need to sell at least Sancho & McTominay probably Pellistri and Lindelof too. No hope of Antony going anywhere unfortunately though.

Last edited:
He's still hoping Utd come in I'm absolutely sure of it, for that to happen we need to sell at least Sancho & McTominay probably Pellistri and Lindelof too. No hope of Antony going anywhere unfortunately though.
Jeeze you’re obsessed with this guy

I'm absolutely amazed no-one has gone for him. Us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs all needed a striker this summer in a time where there are limited ones available. Really don't understand it. Is it just the betting conviction that's keeping everyone away?

he won't go to City b/c of Haaland...Arsenal has Jesus...Spurs just signed Solanke

chelsea seems like logical location with them shipping Lukaku to the u21's training but ffs how many players can they purchase

Got to be his gambling addiction that's putting sides off him. Let's have it right who wants to sign a player who is only one bet away from another year out of the game.

I'm absolutely amazed no-one has gone for him. Us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs all needed a striker this summer in a time where there are limited ones available. Really don't understand it. Is it just the betting conviction that's keeping everyone away?
Spurs just signed Solanke. Chelsea are signing Samu Omorodion this week.

As for arsenal who knows? They have Gabriel Jesus and Kai havertz. They want isak from Newcastle but he's out of their price bracket.

Maybe they may move for toney? Who knows?

He’s got just 26 top flight non pen goals in his career and his club want 40m +.

I reckon that’s why.

Over priced and overrated by some on here. We don’t need to spend 40m to find a penalty taker.

He wasn’t even first choice at Brentford the last few months and people want to spend tens of millions on him?
Everything about this post is wrong and incorrect.

Except about United needing to spend £40m on a penalty taker - that part is correct but Toney is not just a penalty taker.

Last edited:
Best hope for a decent fee now is oil money I reckon either Saudi or maybe even City for a stopgap replacement for Alvarez.

Still think he'd do a good job at United but the money isn't there to make that happen.

He's not good enough to start for those sides and he's too expensive and wouldn't be happy with a bench role.

He's not good enough to start for those sides and he's too expensive and wouldn't be happy with a bench role.
+1

And for all of those reasons, it makes zero sense for us to sign him, esp having just signed Zirkzee

Everything about this post is wrong and incorrect.

Except about United needing to spend £40m on a penalty taker - that part is correct but Toney is not just a penalty taker.
Is he? Because his record without penalties in the top division isn’t as big as his reputation amongst some fans

Spurs made their choice, Solanke. Chelsea have invested in young strikers. We have brought in Zirkzee and that young lad from Arsenal who has allegedly been promised 3rd spot. Arsenal is his last big hope and they don’t seem interested. Is there a reason none of the big boys are biting?

Because in a years time he will be free and won’t cost whatever figure Brentford pick out if their arse, for a player that’s not even first pick for them.

Toney is the epitome of hype.

Is he? Because his record without penalties in the top division isn’t as big as his reputation amongst some fans
Absolutely he is, he offers a lot more than just penalties but understandably you judge on his goalscoring record and what that is made up of. However take his brief cameo for England vs Slovenia - caused mayhem for the equaliser and set up Kane, just a snippet of what he can offer.

Also you mentioned that he was not first choice for us last season this is totally wrong - he was carrying an injury so wasn't starting at the end of the season. If he was 100% fit he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

IF Zirkzee didn't see himself as a 9.5 then would be happier to pass on him, can't think of any reasonably priced proven goalscorer options

Spurs made their choice, Solanke. Chelsea have invested in young strikers. We have brought in Zirkzee and that young lad from Arsenal who has allegedly been promised 3rd spot. Arsenal is his last big hope and they don’t seem interested. Is there a reason none of the big boys are biting?

Because in a years time he will be free and won’t cost whatever figure Brentford pick out if their arse, for a player that’s not even first pick for them.

Toney is the epitome of hype.
Did he pee in your cornflakes or something?

You are way off the mark here fella - in the last few years he has consistently stepped up levels from League One to the the Premier League, to international football at each level performed and delivered. That is not the epitome of hype.

Absolutely he is, he offers a lot more than just penalties but understandably you judge on his goalscoring record and what that is made up of. However take his brief cameo for England vs Slovenia - caused mayhem for the equaliser and set up Kane, just a snippet of what he can offer.

Also you mentioned that he was not first choice for us last season this is totally wrong - he was carrying an injury so wasn't starting at the end of the season. If he was 100% fit he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

Where do you see him ending up or think he will run down contract and leave on a free next summer

Did he pee in your cornflakes or something?

You are way off the mark here fella - in the last few years he has consistently stepped up levels from League One to the the Premier League, to international football at each level performed and delivered. That is not the epitome of hype.
If it’s not hype then what is it? Why aren’t the big boys biting?

Where do you see him ending up or think he will run down contract and leave on a free next summer
Really is a 50/50 right now.

He is quality and can't help but thing there is an unconscious bias with him as he plays for Brentford for some who dismiss his qualities due to his penalty record and all the hype around how he takes them. Believe me I am not Toney fanboy some of the things he has come out with have left a sour taste in a lot of fans mouths but I can't dispute his quality. Still hoping for a bit of auction between United, Arsenal and scattergun Chelsea but could end up running down his contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.