Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

this seems to be the only negative consequence to israel of the war on gaza.

And Israels response.

"Furthermore, it should be clarified that the opinion published today is an advisory opinion and it is not legally binding. The State of Israel adheres to the rule of law, and has an independent and respected legal system. It is committed to international law and it will continue to protect its citizens in accordance with international law."

Wait for when is binding if they will adhere to international law...

Wait for just a couple of days and we'll see this duo ignore, sidestep, and attack this ruling

GQ_zvO2WUAAJwI_.jpg:large

GKR-DbnWIAA9QeG.jpg:large

Honestly, because they speak in English and get more intl exposure, more hateful to me than most of the Israeli leadership when it comes to this war.

UN's top court gives opinion on Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories​

Watch Live: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c2x05n7m3xet#player

ICJ says Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories is illegal

The UN's top court has said Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories is against international law, in a landmark opinion.

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) said Israel should stop settlement activity in the occupied West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza and end its "illegal" occupation of those areas as soon as possible.

The court's advisory opinion is not legally binding but still carries significant political weight. It marks the first time the ICJ has delivered a position on the legality of the 57-year occupation.

We are closing this live stream page shortly as the judges have finished delivering their opinion but you can read more in this story.

Looking forward to to hear from all those in this thread saying we needed to wait for a court to say something about the illegality of israel's actions. I'm sure they'll be right along admitting they were wrong.

"We reject the ICJ's ruling"

Yeah that's not how it works pal.

Keen to see how the US worm their way around this damning verdict.

"We reject the ICJ's ruling"

Yeah that's not how it works pal.

Keen to see how the US worm their way around this damning verdict.
Mix of usual talking points I assume.
  • The ruling is "non binding".
  • The ICJ don't have "jurisdiction" on this.
  • A Palestinian state has to be negotiated between Israel/Palestinians themselves and not imposed on them by the international community.
Stuff like that.

Yesterday I had one of the craziest conversations of my life. There was an israeli bloke in the group I was it and of course this topic came up. He said there were no civilians in palestine because they chose hamas. I asked what about israeli civilians? They also elected the government that's attacking palestine, are they also a legitimate target?

He said they are, that october 7 was a legitimate attack on hamas' part, that this is an existential war, one side will exist in a hundred years and the other will not. There are innocents or civilians on either side.

Everyone kept avoiding him for the rest of the evening.

Yesterday I had one of the craziest conversations of my life. There was an israeli bloke in the group I was it and of course this topic came up. He said there were no civilians in palestine because they chose hamas. I asked what about israeli civilians? They also elected the government that's attacking palestine, are they also a legitimate target?

He said they are, that october 7 was a legitimate attack on hamas' part, that this is an existential war, one side will exist in a hundred years and the other will not. There are innocents or civilians on either side.

Well, that's actually more honest than what you'll hear from the majority of Israelis.

Well, that's actually more honest than what you'll hear from the majority of Israelis.

That is what I thought. But it is a new twist to justify that they are at war against an enemy without an army when is basically a genocide. And also with the certainty that they will be the ones winning

Wait for just a couple of days and we'll see this duo ignore, sidestep, and attack this ruling

GQ_zvO2WUAAJwI_.jpg:large

GKR-DbnWIAA9QeG.jpg:large

Honestly, because they speak in English and get more intl exposure, more hateful to me than most of the Israeli leadership when it comes to this war.
Alongside Blinken, they're the most despicable, pathological liars and the symbol of the foreign policy failure of this US administration.

Pieces of shit of the highest order.

Mix of usual talking points I assume.
  • The ruling is "non binding".
  • The ICJ don't have "jurisdiction" on this.
  • A Palestinian state has to be negotiated between Israel/Palestinians themselves and not imposed on them by the international community.
Stuff like that.
They actually do.

Its one of the biggest lies this administration has constantly hammered in their support of the Gaza genocide.

Are the US the only country now which hasn't resumed funding to UNRWA?

At least Biden wants to feed the starving Palestinians and bring aid in.

That's not crazy at all, it's normalized now.

In the beginning of this phase of the conflict, I said that I had some Jewish friends in Lisbon and they are all radicalized now to the point that I avoid addressing these matters with them because it's pointless. They are completely brainwashed.

I remembered a talk in Bairro Alto where i appealed to their humanity, tried talking about IDF war crimes and they were unfazed and said that I didn't knew what I was talking about because I never lived in the region and didn't understand the dynamics of the conflict. That talk was also fueled by clear Islamophobia and that I should move to Poland because it's a question of time before Muslims take over Lisbon. Muslims have a residual percentage here and although I have no Muslim friends, the ones I've interacted, mostly in restaurants, are all harmless and friendly. Unfortunately instead of being like @Amir or @ScholesyTheWise, they are drifting towards the extreme right. They weren't like this when I met them or they were hiding their true feelings.