Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

We were always told the West are moralistic, but this has blown that myth away.

We're only moralistic to white people Spoony. That's just the unfortunate truth and even then our Governments don't really act. Ukraine is a great example, we could and should have done significantly more to help Ukraine but we haven't. They drag their feet and drip feed them with military gear. Our Government couldn't give two shits about Palestine. All we've done is help create a generation of new Terrorists and frankly, I don't blame them. The horror the Palestinian people have had to and continue to endure is a disgrace.

We're only moralistic to white people Spoony. That's just the unfortunate truth and even then our Governments don't really act. Ukraine is a great example, we could and should have done significantly more to help Ukraine but we haven't. They drag their feet and drip feed them with military gear. Our Government couldn't give two shits about Palestine. All we've done is help create a generation of new Terrorists and frankly, I don't blame them. The horror the Palestinian people have had to and continue to endure is a disgrace.
I'd argue that it's more about national interests perhaps. The US would likely intervene if Saudi Arabia was attacked by Iran because the Saudis are a strategic ally. They also intervened for Kuweit in 1991.

It was not an option for the West to just stand by and do nothing for Ukraine, they had to give support. But you can tell the urgency isn't quite felt despite the existential rhetoric. Countries are still barely spending 2% on defense and support has been drip-fed.

Unfortunately for the Palestinians, they just don't seem to hold any geopolitical weight.

Is it all moral? Absolutely not. This "realpolitik" way of looking at foreign affairs misses the moral component. The Palestinians deserve support and their own state and Israel has to be held accountable.

But I also want to emphasize the personal aspect of Biden. He is deeply and I mean deeply sympathetic to Israel.

Last edited:

@VorZakone mentioned realpolitik and yeah it's probably has always been the case yet they loved telling us we were moralistic but the truth is the right there infront of us. No more pretense. I recall everyone in this country standing with France and Hebdo all those silly French flags as avatars on WhatsApp and what not, same with Ukraine but not many are standing with Palestine. Anyway the whole point of remembering the holocaust is to ensure it never happens again...

Last edited:
At least 40 were murdered and 100 injured today, half of them in another school bombing.

The group's strength doesn't stem from the appeal of its ideology or actions, but from the failure, humiliation & demonization of every single alternative path.

Nonviolence, diplomacy, negotiations, advocacy, legal battles, coexistence & peace groups... have been tried countless times by Palestinians only to be crushed by Israel & betrayed by the international community.

That very official himself said as soon as he got into office he was told not to bother & give any attention to Gaza or the Palestinians. "You'd burn a lot of political capital", "you'll waste your time", "things are quiet", "it's not going to work"... he was told, & he played along.

Hamas' message is always simple: "the international community, negotiations, peace processes...etc won't help us a jot. Look at Mahmoud Abbas, he gave Israel everything they ever asked for, detained & killed scores of Palestinians for them, & got absolutely nothing out of it except humiliation & being labeled by Israel as a terrorist in suit & a great antisemite."

Their conclusion has consistently been "if we continue to die slowly, then let's die in a dignified way, take matters into our own hands & strike back the oppressor."

Despair, immiseration & trauma always boost this sentiment dramatically.

And as long as every other alternative path continues to be foiled & crushed by Israel & betrayed by the international community, Hamas' message will forever stay alive.

Palestinian nonviolence requires global non-silence.

Accurate take from someone at Columbia. He has a private account, so I'm blanking his name/@.

Fx4ZeIh.png

raOChhz.png

International pressure does not exist because the international community (which is the US) is structurally pro-Zionist, and will be for our lifetimes.

Accurate take from someone at Columbia. He has a private account, so I'm blanking his name/@.

Fx4ZeIh.png

raOChhz.png

International pressure does not exist because the international community (which is the US) is structurally pro-Zionist, and will be for our lifetimes.
That is a bleak, but (as you said) accurate view.

Germany, almost always on the wrong side of history. (2 genocides + complicit in 1). Germany's argument "The case is inadmissible because the question of complimentarity cannot be decided during an ongoing armed conflict".

Last edited:

Mind you, this is their second attempt at the headline, there was a one before that was even worse, it goes like this "the death of a lonely man with Downs syndrom in Gaza". How can anyone respect this shit being served to us as journalism?

I mentioned it months ago but you can't play bothsidesism with genocide. You certainly can't give the benefit of the doubt in every incident to the Israelis after 9 months of barbarism and complete disregard for human life.

You wouldn't take the nazis at their word for their version of events. As a recent example, I don't see many going to the Russians for comment when they attack civilian infrastructure in Ukraine.

Germany, almost always on the wrong side of history. (2 genocides + complicit in 1). Germany's argument "The case is inadmissible because the question of complimentarity cannot be decided during an ongoing armed conflict".

I must have missed them using the same argument with Russia and Putin.