Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The IDF are depraved sickos. I've been doing my best to avoid sources that document their constant atrocities to stave off the depression and yet even sticking to the big mainstream news channels I can't seem to escape the documentation of further evidence of their cruelty and depravity.

The raping of women and children, the violence and deliberate cruelty, the parading around in the underwear of dead and displaced Palestinians - there are literally thousands and thousands of these images plastered on social media documenting their own war crimes.

The atrocities are endless. You could keep posting new ones everyday and never exhaust the supply. This is not the "oopsie we pressed the wrong button and accidentally dropped a bomb on a child" bad. This is the dark depravity of perverts with military might.

This most immoral of armies exists outside the 'civil order' and are granted immunity by western governments to continue to do so. They are as much a product of the US government as they are the people of Israel.

Amir

Just the best people.
I'm never going to defend Ben Gvir... But his words were badly twisted. When he confirmed the 'abominable conditions' he was writing about the suppsedly decent conditions prisoners had prior to October 7. Not the treatment of them since then.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I'm never going to defend Ben Gvir... But his words were badly twisted. When he confirmed the 'abominable conditions' he was writing about the suppsedly decent conditions prisoners had prior to October 7. Not the treatment of them since then.
Thankyou for this. You are absolutely right, I should have checked and I've modified my post.

Idxomer

I'm not sure the Intercept reporter intended manipulation, it's not easy to understand that someone would call prisoners supposedly being treated well as vile and abominable.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I'm not sure the Intercept reporter intended manipulation, it's not easy to understand that someone would call prisoners supposedly being treated well as vile and abominable.
It's hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think when you read the translation it becomes very easy from the context to understand what Gvir was saying, and very difficult to conclude that he was referring to rape and torture.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It's hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think when you read the translation it becomes very easy from the context to understand what Gvir was saying, and very difficult to conclude that he was referring to rape and torture.
Yes, he feels they were too comfortable before he came in.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I've been doing my best to avoid sources that document their constant atrocities to stave off the depression and yet even sticking to the big mainstream news channels I can't seem to escape the documentation of further evidence of their cruelty and depravity.
yes

see a photo of possibly-palestinian children on twitter and without reading the caption you know what it means

Idxomer

Seems like the Twitter translation isn't accurate either and it's "sailing conditions" and not "abominable". Maybe @Amir could clear that up.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Supported by Avigdor Liberman, a major part of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""'opposition""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Kaos

Supported by Avigdor Liberman, a major part of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""'opposition""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Interesting to see how the United States and their alleged commitment to the two state solution spin this one if such a resolution does pass. Ensure us they're very cross and disappointed with the Israelis, and making their dismay known quite clearly by signing off on more weapons? Or do they finally stop pretending to care about a two state solution and just chaperone the Israeli stance?

Idxomer

Precisely the reason I find most of the chatter around Israeli politics irrelevant to the Palestinian cause.

Revan

Assumptionman
Interesting to see how the United States and their alleged commitment to the two state solution spin this one if such a resolution does pass. Ensure us they're very cross and disappointed with the Israelis, and making their dismay known quite clearly by signing off on more weapons? Or do they finally stop pretending to care about a two state solution and just chaperone the Israeli stance?
If Trump wins, I think the US might change their official stance. If Democrats win (unlikely), they will do the other things you mentioned, in addition to protesting Israel's resolution by vetoing a UN resolution that condemns the Israel resolution.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
"we continue to work with our partners in israel on a pathway to 2 states ...."
"we have not seen these reports, we continue to work with our partners in israel ... "
"i can't comment on israeli internal matters, we continue to work with our partners in israel ..."
"you will have to ask the israelis for that, we continue to work with them on .... "

Kaos

"we continue to work with our partners in israel on a pathway to 2 states ...."
"we have not seen these reports, we continue to work with our partners in israel ... "
"i can't comment on israeli internal matters, we continue to work with our partners in israel ..."
"you will have to ask the israelis for that, we continue to work with them on .... "

But this would be an entirely different ballgame, it would become legislated within Israel via a parliamentary resolution. It's not a video clip which the US can easily and predictably swat away by pulling a Wenger and claiming they haven't seen it. It would be baked into Israeli law, as objective as you like.

ManUtd1999

For the 1000,000th time: when it comes to the Palestinian question, there is no real opposition in Israel. Some voices here and there, but that’s it.

Even the government that replaced Netanyahu for a year or so was full of right wingers.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
For the 1000,000th time: when it comes to the Palestinian question, there is no real opposition in Israel. Some voices here and there, but that’s it.

Even the government that replaced Netanyahu for a year or so was full of right wingers.
I know - this guy was part of that govt in fact. there is or was this feeling that Bibi is a unique insurmountable obstacle, because of his court case, but it's hard to see any democratically elected govt that wouldn't have similar stances.

ManUtd1999

I know - this guy was part of that govt in fact. there is or was this feeling that Bibi is a unique insurmountable obstacle, because of his court case, but it's hard to see any democratically elected govt that wouldn't have similar stances.
Absolutely. Some talk about Netanyahu, Ben Gvir and co. as if they are outliers on this issue. They aren’t.