Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Those who didn’t care for 7 months won’t care now.

Gaza is very small anyway. Right after October 7, Israel started saying: we only have business with the north of the Gaza Strip. Suddenly, there is north and south of this small place. Then, they moved to the middle and now they are in the “south”. Once Gaza was divided into regions, its fate was sealed.

Last edited:
Right, you've quoted my response as 'nonsense' instead of responding to my points in good faith. Think you've outed yourself as not wanting to debate sincerely and looking to derail and troll this thread.
Yes you are the gold standard me and everyone wish to live up to when it comes to good faith in this thread. Tell me where I've tried to derail the thread, not debate sincerely and trolled. Nonsense.. WB and Gaza are not the same. Hamas is not in the WB. At least not yet. One can hold "opposing" views on the subject and be critical of someones actions in one instance and not another. I take it you agree with me on everything re Hamas. Or, good faith and all, you wont reply to that

Like flares slowly falling over buildings leaving a little trail of smoke also falling down.

Those are not HEI munitions, those will be smoke bombs. HEI explosions result in a very large noise and followed by a very white, small, rising mushroom cloud. You won't even be able to see the bomb being dropped unless you go frame by frame in HEI munitions.

It's very difficult to determine whether HEI contains WP or not - you can get a glimpse of it because the colour of the plume is more white than standard munition explosions and the visible fire is only there for a few seconds. I've studied various explosion mechanisms before and I wouldn't trust myself to be able to identify it from an image or video.

Usually requires teams on the ground.

That said, this is clearly a middle finger by Israel, what does dropping willy petes over gaza even gain them?

Like flares slowly falling over buildings leaving a little trail of smoke also falling down.
That's white phosphorus.

Here pictures of Israeli WP shells on urban areas in Lebanon in October 2023.

202310mena_palestine_white_phosphorous_artillery_gaza.jpg

thumbs_b_c_ab0ac185e741f37c5516a5d6f5c84a90.jpg

Here's another pic of white phosphorus used by the most moral war criminals in Gaza in 2009

f9896db1-0001-0004-0000-000000099788_w1200_r2_fpx58.37_fpy54.94.jpg

Last edited:

These are flare munitions which are not HEI's, therefore not banned under the geneva convention, even under Civilian centers.

I'm not saying this to defend Israel, using WP flare munitions is asinine in this circumstance because it serves no purpose other than terror, i'm just pointing out the technicalities here.

You're light-years off if you think that the Russians are worse than the IDF.

Unless you read Russian, I don't think you have the basis to comment :)

I'm not saying this to be aggressive by the way, but Russian domestic news channels and media constantly talk about nuking the west, calling Ukrainian pro-westerners sub-human who need to be reprogrammed, there are no innocents in Ukraine etc etc.

It's the same shit, you just are not exposed to it.

Yes, please quote what I said

Sure. I was talking about three of your statements:

1. The estimate of the number of dead women and children was revised downwards by about half.
  2. This was done because Hamas is an unreliable source.
  3. The default assumption about death toll numbers from Hamas should be that they're wrong and too high.
1 and 2:

How so many people can be confused on this is beyond me. Hamas targets civilians of Israel. They want to kill civilians. Woman and children. That is their goal. They use their own population, women and children, as human shields. They want their own population to get killed, so it reflects badly on Israel. This is their strategy. The numbers Hamas have provided may be correct or even too low, but UN recently revised it's estimate of women and children killed by about half, based on Hamas not being a reliable source. It is impossible to know what is the correct numbers. People taking Hamas' word regarding this as fact, is ludicrous. One shows oneself to be willing to belive just about anything, on very little evidence.

I've highlighted the relevant part for you.

3:

I am biased, I suppose. Against Hamas. You are right, of course, one shouldn't just accept these numbers. Hamas' or Israels. But, Hamas's numbers should by default be assumed wrong and too high. They literally want as many dead Palestinains as possible. Israels will, as with any such estimate, come with a margin of error. 13.000 +/- whatever, pick a number.

I see that you've been thread banned while I was typing this up, but I'm posting it anyway. I think this is a very illustrative example of the troll you are, that you either pretend to not have said the things that you very clearly have said, or that you're just being difficult and intentionally trying to waste people's time by asking them to look through your comments to prove you said the things you clearly said.

These are flare munitions which are not HEI's, therefore not banned under the geneva convention, even under Civilian centers.

I'm not saying this to defend Israel, using WP flare munitions is asinine in this circumstance because it serves no purpose other than terror, i'm just pointing out the technicalities here.
The pictures I've posted came from HRW. Hell of flare munitions in the last one. There are others showing what these flares did to children in Gaza in 2009 which I won't post here but are very easy to find. Every single major human right organization reported the use of white phosphorus by Israel in urban areas. But since your military knowledge is much higher than mine, I won't engage in a losing battle and take your word for it.

I gather you are not familiar with the IDF methods and it's been at it for 75 years It's a colonial army in occupied territories with all that it entails. There's metric tons of documents of their daily war crimes, their use of humiliation, sexual violence, terror, torture and human shields. There's also videos very easy to find showing the most moral army in the world in action in Gaza as well as in the West Bank, in the past decades.

Unless you read Russian, I don't think you have the basis to comment :)

I'm not saying this to be aggressive by the way, but Russian domestic news channels and media constantly talk about nuking the west, calling Ukrainian pro-westerners sub-human who need to be reprogrammed, there are no innocents in Ukraine etc etc.

It's the same shit, you just are not exposed to it.
Even though I don't speak Russian, I'm neither naive nor trying to paint the Russians as choir boys. And there's enough sources in English allowing me to have pretty good idea of what the Russians are capable of, even if you definitely have an edge and access to more informations than I do.

But reading your posts makes me think that you're not as informed about Israel and the IDF as you might think.

Edit: I'm not trying to be aggressive either.

Last edited:
The pictures I've posted came from HRW. Hell of flare munitions in the last one. There are others showing what these flares did to children in Gaza in 2009 which I won't post here but are very easy to find. Every single major human right organization reported the use of white phosphorus by Israel. But since your military knowledge is much higher than mine, I won't engage in a losing battle and take your word for it.

I gather you are not familiar with the IDF methods and it's been at it for 75 years. There's metric tons of documents of their daily war crimes, their use of sexual violence, terror, and torture and human shields, as well as videos also very easy to find with the most moral army in the world in action in Gaza as well as in the West Bank in the past decades.

Even though I don't speak Russian, I'm neither naive nor trying to paint the Russians as choir boys. And there's enough sources in English allowing me to have pretty good idea of what the Russians are capable of.

But reading your posts makes me think that you're not as informed about Israel and the IDF as you might think.

Edit: I'm not trying to be aggressive either.

We are talking about the same thing right? i.e how ridiculous Russian/Israeli Propoganda is and how laughable/transparent it is. I'm not comparing military conduct. IDF has been way worse than Russia.

Regarding flare munitions, it IS White Phosphorus, but the munition type is not banned under convention, even in Civilian centers.

As for the scale, it's pretty normal for aerially launched flares

dkje0rrdu3561.jpg

flares_deployed_from_c130_hercules_-_flickr_-_nz_defence_force.jpg

ein-langstreckenbomber-der-us-air-force-vom-typ-boeing-b-52-stratofortress-beim-abwurf-von-leuchtteuschkrpern-flares-in-der-wste-von-nevada-nellis-test-and-gunnery-range-ein-langstreckenbomber-der-us-air-force-vom-typ-boeing-b-52-stratofortress-beim-abwurf-von-leuchtteuschkrpern-in-der-wste-von-nevada-nellis-test-and-gunnery-range-indian-springs-nevada-vereinigte-staaten-von-amerika-a-us-air-force-boeing-b-52-stratofortress-long-range-bomber-dropping-flares-flares-in-the-nevada-nellis-test-and-gunnery-range-nevada-nellis-test-and-gunnery-range-indian-springs-nevada-united-states-2T23A3N.jpg

They are very useful in dusk/dawn operations, especially when there is no natural skyline/earth line separation.

There is 0 military use in setting them off over a dense civilian population.

That might be enough on White Phosphorus and the legal minutiae, thanks.

All very interesting but much more of this might start looking like a deliberate derailment strategy.

You are welcome to continue that discussion in any of the other many military threads on the forum.

Feel free to continue discussing it here if it directly relates to Israel (or Palestinians) using it.

All very interesting but much more of this might start looking like a deliberate derailment strategy.

You are welcome to continue that discussion in any of the other many military threads on the forum.

Feel free to continue discussing it here if it directly relates to Israel (or Palestinians) using it.

I pretty much like the discussion. And as it is what Palestinia is being attack in Israel and what is legal or not in a war that is discussed its legality I think is pretty much on topic.

So they can keep going. Should we do a poll? or your decision is paramount?

We are talking about the same thing right? i.e how ridiculous Russian/Israeli Propoganda is and how laughable/transparent it is. I'm not comparing military conduct. IDF has been way worse than Russia.

Regarding flare munitions, it IS White Phosphorus, but the munition type is not banned under convention, even in Civilian centers.

As for the scale, it's pretty normal for aerially launched flares

They are very useful in dusk/dawn operations, especially when there is no natural skyline/earth line separation.

There is 0 military use in setting them off over a dense civilian population.
Ah, I finally got what you're saying.

Many thanks for the explanation.

I pretty much like the discussion. And as it is what Palestinia is being attack in Israel and what is legal or not in a war that is discussed its legality I think is pretty much on topic.

So they can keep going. Should we do a poll? or your decision is paramount?
No pole, it's just my own suggestion because I found it tedious and cumbersome wading through the last couple of pages. And because this isn't the first time that certain posters have dominated thread space, with chunky post that take these threads off topic, perhaps with an ulterior motive.

No pole, it's just my own suggestion because I found it tedious and cumbersome wading through the last couple of pages. And because this isn't the first time that certain posters have dominated thread space, with chunky post that take these threads off topic.

Then scroll down quick. I guess is a matter of taste? I enjoyed this discussion and I think is on topic. There are other posters/topics that I don't like and takes me less than 1 second to scroll down

Sorry, What is this supposed to imply?

Are you saying it's starting to look like I'm trying to derail conversations around what Israel is doing?

I also sometimes go off on very specific tangents on specific words that people have said in the Ukraine thread, exponentially more than on here.
To me, getting the details right is very important.

Do you think it's looking like I'm trying to derail conversations around Ukraine too?

Sorry, What is this supposed to imply?

Are you saying it's starting to look like I'm trying to derail conversations around what Israel is doing?

I also sometimes go off on very specific tangents on specific words that people have said in the Ukraine thread, exponentially more than on here.
To me, getting the details right is very important.

Do you think it's looking like I'm trying to derail conversations around Ukraine too?
You didn't and it was very informative. Don't let this kind of posts put you off. If any, you should post here more often.

No pole, it's just my own suggestion because I found it tedious and cumbersome wading through the last couple of pages. And because this isn't the first time that certain posters have dominated thread space, with chunky post that take these threads off topic, perhaps with an ulterior motive.

The white phosphorus chat emerged from events taking place on the ground. If things veer off topic they will eventually be moved to the CE general chat thread.

I repeat what I said earlier: France remains the most balanced/reasonable country on this issue.

The speaker condemns the terror attack of 10/7 and the rockets fired on Israel, and calls for releasing all hostages. He also calls for immediate ceasefire, allowing for aid to reach the civilian population in Gaza and condemns the settlers in the West Bank. He also affirms the position of France in support of the two-state solution.

That’s pretty much what I would say. We need more of this, starting with the UK. The U.S. could’ve, and should’ve, taken this approach a long time ago.

I repeat what I said earlier: France remains the most balanced/reasonable country on this issue.

The speaker condemns the terror attack of 10/7 and the rockets fired on Israel, and calls for releasing all hostages. He also calls for immediate ceasefire, allowing for aid to reach the civilian population in Gaza and condemns the settlers in the West Bank. He also affirms the position of France in support of the two-state solution.

That’s pretty much what I would say. We need more of this, starting with the UK. The U.S. could’ve, and should’ve, taken this approach a long time ago.
France however have not recognized a Palestinian state (yet). Others, such as Ireland and Norway, have.

I saw a headline of Macron asking Abbas to fix the PA so they could recognize a Palestinian state.

Some of these Western leaders live in an alternate reality.

I saw a headline of Macron asking Abbas to fix the PA so they could recognize a Palestinian state.

Some of these Western leaders live in an alternate reality.

For once I don't really see a problem with what was said. But one detail made me look into something, it talked about a french resolution in the context of supporting the reinforcement of the PA and working alongside Algeria and the UN. Now earlier this month a communicate was published where it is said that France is is in favour of the admission of Palestine as a full member in the UN which is followed by France presenting a two state resolution to the security council.

For once I don't really see a problem with what was said. But one detail made me look into something, it talked about a french resolution in the context of supporting the reinforcement of the PA and working alongside Algeria and the UN. Now earlier this month a communicate was published where it is said that France is is in favour of the admission of Palestine as a full member in the UN which is followed by France presenting a two state resolution to the security council.

Abbas is an 88-year-old puppet, he won't be able to reform anything. Even if he were competent, he would still have the occupation boots on his neck all the time.

Well, first time I've had to use the report feature I guess.

You, as a scout, should do better than allude and thinly accuse posters of certain things and then hide behind ambiguity.
It makes people feel very unwelcome.

Well, first time I've had to use the report feature I guess.

You, as a scout, should do better than allude and thinly accuse posters of certain things and then hide behind ambiguity.
It makes people feel very unwelcome.
PM me if you have a personal problem with me or go tell the mods but this is the last I'll be replying to you here.

I'll just say that as a lawyer I appreciated the white phosphorus discussion. I think it is a worthwhile endeavor to nail down specifically what is or is not illegal. Engaging in that discussion doesn't detract from condemning the overall evil that Israel has propagated for the last 7 months (or 75 years, in my view), and I think the posters involved in the discussion made their stances clear (ie, they were not trying to derail the conversation in bad faith).

None of this means I give the notion of international law much credence, as it basically only applies when the entity who benefits from it's application has the firepower to compel compliance.

Do not let yourself get tricked by France's statements. It has an uncanny art to say what you want to hear whilst doing the exact opposite of what you actually wish for, and you'll cheer for it.

The French government is also calling for the recognition of Palestine at the right time, which is exactly what the Corpse in the White House and his administration said. It currently means the square root of feck all.

Talk is cheap. Wait for what they do, not what they say.

Last edited:
Bibi and the crazies are even sabotaging their own country at this point -

There's been a sharp decline in GDP already due to hundreds of thousands of reservists being called up to active service, if they actually want to drag this out to 2025 then their economy is going to take a nasty turn when it goes to 'peace time'.

Everything they're doing right now is just irrational on every level, and it's becoming clear that everything is now motivated less by rationality but entirely by ideological dogma.

I'll just say that as a lawyer I appreciated the white phosphorus discussion. I think it is a worthwhile endeavor to nail down specifically what is or is not illegal. Engaging in that discussion doesn't detract from condemning the overall evil that Israel has propagated for the last 7 months (or 75 years, in my view), and I think the posters involved in the discussion made their stances clear (ie, they were not trying to derail the conversation in bad faith).

None of this means I give the notion of international law much credence, as it basically only applies when the entity who benefits from it's application has the firepower to compel compliance.
My sentiments as well.