Is it just me or do Barcelona get game changing favors from refs every game?

2 ridiculous penalties for uefacelona, 2 penalties not given for PSG (Mascherano handball and Busquets hugging Matuidi holding him down after corner kick). 5 minutes of extra time. Comical as always. Chelsea 2009 dethroned.

Last night was no surprise. Barcelona have been synonymous with cheating as long as I can remember.
With the football guardiola brought and the emergence of messi they've been on a huge marketing push to paint themselves as some kind of bastion of good football but it's all bollox they're the biggest cheats in the game

Just plain out disgusting.. Neymar's penalty was also a disgrace - the ref initially not giving it having a very clear view and then the 4th linesman with a blocked view giving it to them.

Also one of the reason's Neymar wont be considered one of the best ever. Too much of a knob to be liked for his antics.

Messi has class, Laudrup had class, Iniesta has class about his personality - Neymar just has similarities to Ramos, who also wouldve had a better rep as one of the best defenders in the world if he had been less of a cnut

Great footballer, but what an arrogant idiot

No there doesn't. :lol: Neymar got past him, Neymar was through on goal, defender then lunged his head into Neymar, it's a pen.

As you can see from this video, he lunges in, accident or not it's a penalty.

Lunged his head into Neymar :lol::lol: You got my vote for funniest comment of the year.

Lunged his head into Neymar :lol::lol: You got my vote for funniest comment of the year.

As has been mentioned a thousand times, whether or not it was intentional doesn't change the fact that he threw his head infront of Neymar who had the beating of him.

A few green smileys and a different angle which also shows him throwing his head doesn't change that. Losing control and falling in the box, accident or not when a player is behind you and through on goal is a foul, end of.

As has been mentioned a thousand times, whether or not it was intentional doesn't change the fact that he threw his head infront of Neymar who had the beating of him.

A few green smileys and a different angle which also shows him throwing his head doesn't change that.

He wasn't even looking at him to know where he was lunging his head to.

He wasn't even looking at him to know where he was lunging his head to.

No player is going to commit a foul intentionally, if penalties were only given out for players with intention we'd have close to zero. Foul is a foul, regardless of whether or not he lost his footing or whatever it was. He jerked his head back knowingly as Neymar had the beating of him and that's obviously the space Neymar was going to attack.

It's an obstruction. Realised the ball was played behind him, he was caught out of position and lost his footing, falling into Neymar who was through on goal.

They scored 6 fecking goals against PSG, ffs. Yeah, all refs fault. :lol:

1. Mascherano handball in the penalty area in the first half.
2. Pique could have been sent off in the first half.
3. Questionable first penalty.
4. Mascherano fouling ADM when he was one on one in the 85th minute - would have been a red card and a pen.
5. The second penalty a blatant dive and Suarez should have been given a second yellow.
6. 5 mins of added time.

Yeah, it was all Barcelona and none of the referee.

4. Mascherano fouling ADM when he was one on one in the 85th minute - would have been a red card and a pen.
5. The second penalty a blatant dive and Suarez should have been given a second yellow.
6. 5 mins of added time.

Don't forget that Busquets Matuidi incident after a corner kick. Busquets was holding him down with both hands so he couldn't jump, and best of all ball was going for Matuidi.

Same incident like that uefacelona got a penalty against Milan in 2013 on San Siro and what's even more ridiculous they got a penalty when ball was out of play.

Don't forget that Busquets Matuidi incident after a corner kick. Busquets was holding him down with both hands so he couldn't jump, and best of all ball was going for Matuidi.

Same incident like that uefacelona got a penalty against Milan in 2013 on San Siro and what's even more ridiculous they got a penalty when ball was out of play.

Everyone is getting carried away with the amazing comeback, they're losing sight of actually debating what should be spoken about.

BT Sport just brushed over the Suarez dive for the Pen last night, of course Gerrard wasn't going to say his mate dived.

Don't know which ref performance was worse, this one or the one at the Bridge in 09.

Just seen one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time and its being made all about the ref, you can do that with any winning team. Nobody was whinging last season about the amount of questionable goals Leicester got or their ridiculous approach to corners which if the rules would have been enforced properly on they would have double figures lower goal deficit.

6. 5 mins of added time.

1. Hand was tucked in.
2. I didn't catch anything memorable that he did
3. I thought so, but there's a replay that convinced me it was a foul
4. Agreed (yellow and pen, under new rules)
5. No, there was intention, and his eyes were always on Suarez never on the ball. Suarez definitely exaggerated contact and went down easily but it was clumsy defending, with no real effort to win (or even look at) the ball.
6. There were 2 penalties, 1 free kick, 5-6 substitutions, and 4 goals in that half. They could have even had more.

Just seen one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time and its being made all about the ref, you can do that with any winning team. Nobody was whinging last season about the amount of questionable goals Leicester got or their ridiculous approach to corners which if the rules would have been enforced properly on they would have double figures lower goal deficit.
I think if there was 'balance', people might let it go but the fact that the ref/decisions/cheating are being so blatantly ignored by the media/some fans is pi$$ing off a lot of people..... human nature, the more someone tries to TELL you one thing you don't agree with, the more you'll push back?

Agree there are always dodgy decisions (United get them too) but two dodgy pens, Suarez should have been sent off (he'd been carded), Piques studs challenge, Mascherano fouling Di Maria (and oddly, BT (live) and ITV (highlights) not showing angled replays) and then Mascherano admitting it.... leaves a bad taste in the mouth for people who love football (from any club) more than comebacks, glory, the Barca media love-in.

Anyone s
They scored 6 goals, and only second penalty of those 6 goals was dubious, even though ithat one looked like a good decision in the end too. He clearly trips him

We have FA chief of referees analysing every CL game in the studio. He said the first wasn't a penalty. He said no way can a situation where a player who is falling down with his head on the ground, cause a penalty by being kicked in the head by other players foot.

I'm also trying to imagine some PSG player violently kicking a player like Neymar did, full force into the leg from behind, out of frustration. It would have been a straight red.

2009. 2011. 2017. - the Barca legacy

I must admit I got a very strange feeling from this game.
First goal was very strange,
Second goal even stranger.
Third goal was one of the strangest penalties I have ever seen. Not to mention that at first the referee, who was just near by, did not give it, only to change his mind after the box referee, who stood on the other side of the box, signaled it was a penalty.
The fourth came from a strange foul on Neymar.
There's no point talking about the second penalty.
The sixth was obviously coming, the only surprise was it wasn't a last minute goal by Ter Stegen.

Though they scored 6, I can't remember Trapp making any saves.

These are the feelings only about the goals and not about the other weird going ons.

Would there be any comeback without those helpful decisions from the ref?

No player is going to commit a foul intentionally, if penalties were only given out for players with intention we'd have close to zero. Foul is a foul, regardless of whether or not he lost his footing or whatever it was. He jerked his head back knowingly as Neymar had the beating of him and that's obviously the space Neymar was going to attack.

It's an obstruction. Realised the ball was played behind him, he was caught out of position and lost his footing, falling into Neymar who was through on goal.

It's not an obstruction or tackle . . . . It's a collision.

No player intends to tackle the foot of any player with his head.

Neymar ensured the collision took place. . . The cheating little bastard.

1. Hand was tucked in.
5. No, there was intention, and his eyes were always on Suarez never on the ball. Suarez definitely exaggerated contact and went down easily but it was clumsy defending, with no real effort to win (or even look at) the ball.
6. There were 2 penalties, 1 free kick, 5-6 substitutions, and 4 goals in that half. They could have even had more.

2. When Cavani tried to break and Pique bought him down so Cavani protested and got a yellow card instead.
3. There's about 4 replays that convince me Neymar ran into him.
5. :lol:
6. Since when is time added on for free kicks and pens?

2. When Cavani tried to break and Pique bought him down so Cavani protested and got a yellow card instead.

Cavani was booked for asking the ref to give Pique a second yellow. Waving imaginary yellow cards at the ref asking for an opponent to be booked is a yellow card offence. Refs just aren't as strict on it as they should be.

It's not an obstruction or tackle . . . . It's a collision.

No player intends to tackle the foot of any player with his head.

Neymar ensured the collision took place. . . The cheating little bastard.

Let's go through the events shall we? Iniesta passes in between the lines, PSG defender facing forward, realises he's been beaten by Neymar, jerks his head back to desperately try to get into position, clashes with Neymar who was through on goal and could have taken a shot at goal or squared it for another player.

Once Neymar is past him it's not his job to avoid a person throwing his head in his path, he's already gotten past the defender. It was desperation hence his loss of footing.

It's an obstruction because he threw his body in the space that Neymar was going to attack in a desperate attempt to stop him even though he wasn't completely balanced. Also aren't most fouls collisions? :lol:

1. Hand was tucked in.

Hand tucked in?

And Pique lunged in Cavani with both feet from the back, that should have been a red card.

If he was only slipping, the collision would not have happened. he starts falling as the video starts. During the fall he literally leaps forward into the ball/Neymar's path. If he fell where he was standing, or his momentum took him a little off, there would have been no contact at all.

That leap he makes was intentional and not because of his fall, and it was either a clumsy attempt to play the ball or an incompetent attempt to tackle Neymar.

It would have been an exceptionally harsh second yellow for Pique, given the circumstances (1st half, at home, team in big deficit).

Check his left knee at 0:08 - if Suarez went for a shot (which is what he was seeming to do) his leg got caught.

There were tons of stopagges in that eventful game, that's my point. The goals + subs alone give you 5 mins.

Cavani was booked for asking the ref to give Pique a second yellow. Waving imaginary yellow cards at the ref asking for an opponent to be booked is a yellow card offence. Refs just aren't as strict on it as they should be.

I know that and Cavani was right but booked, just I thought it should have been a booking for Pique as well and would have been his second.

It annoys me we don't have a better angle for the Di Maria miss just before Neymar's free kick. Did Di Maria just fluff his lines or did Mascherano's challenge cause him to miss, in which case it would've been a penalty? Mascherano seems to admit he touched him after the match, but that doesn't necessarily make it a foul. I understand there was no time during normal play to show elaborate replays, but how is it possible there's still no other angle available? This type of incident cries out for video refs. Some will argue Di Maria should've just passed but that's beside the point.

6. 5 mins of added time.

7. Verratti should have been sent off for 2 yellows.

Would there be any comeback without those helpful decisions from the ref?

I think bad decisions from the ref just become the narrative when in reality there are decisions that are a bit up in the air in any game. I mean the ref turned down about 3 penalty calls maybe even more, but there were so many split second decisions for him to make by virtue of Barca being parked in their box that he had a near impossible job. Barca deserved the win, got the win, a couple of questionable decisions should never overshadow that.

Hand tucked in?

Yes. TBH I usually don't agree with handball decisions unless there's intentional movement of the hand to the ball, or tons of time to move it away - I hate how La Liga is refereed on this. So it is possible that many others will find it a handball, I almost always don't think most "controversial" handballs should be called.

If he was only slipping, the collision would not have happened. he starts falling as the video starts. During the fall he literally leaps forward into the ball/Neymar's path. If he fell where he was standing, or his momentum took him a little off, there would have been no contact at all.

That leap he makes was intentional and not because of his fall, and it was either a clumsy attempt to play the ball or an incompetent attempt to tackle Neymar.

It would have been an exceptionally harsh second yellow for Pique, given the circumstances (1st half, at home, team in big deficit).

Check his left knee at 0:08 - if Suarez went for a shot (which is what he was seeming to do) his leg got caught.

There were tons of stopagges in that eventful game, that's my point. The goals + subs alone give you 5 mins.

His left leg goes down off it's own accord, it's not trapped anywhere or because of any defender. He's already decided to go down.

There were hardly any stoppages outside of what usually happens in football, there was no play acting or going down with cramp from either sets of players on a consistent basis.

Is there even a rule that says you add on a specific set of time for when a goal is scored? Because every time Barca scored they ran back to the halfway line immediately, none of their goals apart from the winner had prolonged or even normal celebrations.

No there doesn't. :lol: Neymar got past him, Neymar was through on goal, defender then lunged his head into Neymar, it's a pen.

As you can see from this video, he lunges in, accident or not it's a penalty.

How do you argue that is not a pen?

@berbatrick wait are you actually contemplating that Menuier stumbled on purpose but made it look like it was an accident? :lol::lol::lol:

No, he slipped, unintentionally, and on his way down decided to literally leap towards the ball. He was exceptionally stupid. You can see my posts in the match thread where I thought it wasn't a penalty, but the angle on the vid above is very clear. He would not have landed there if he didn't want to.

I think bad decisions from the ref just become the narrative when in reality there are decisions that are a bit up in the air in any game. I mean the ref turned down about 3 penalty calls maybe even more, but there were so many split second decisions for him to make by virtue of Barca being parked in their box that he had a near impossible job. Barca deserved the win, got the win, a couple of questionable decisions should never overshadow that.

Dude just give me a straight answer would Barcelona be able to make a comeback without favorable calls from the ref's?

2 ridiculous penalties, 2 penalties not given to PSG and 5 mins of storage time?

I think if there was 'balance', people might let it go but the fact that the ref/decisions/cheating are being so blatantly ignored by the media/some fans is pi$$ing off a lot of people..... human nature, the more someone tries to TELL you one thing you don't agree with, the more you'll push back?

Agree there are always dodgy decisions (United get them too) but two dodgy pens, Suarez should have been sent off (he'd been carded), Piques studs challenge, Mascherano fouling Di Maria (and oddly, BT (live) and ITV (highlights) not showing angled replays) and then Mascherano admitting it.... leaves a bad taste in the mouth for people who love football (from any club) more than comebacks, glory, the Barca media love-in.
Exactly, and it's the pattern over the years. When the going gets tough in Camp Nou, the refs get weak. It's only Barca that gets penalties for pushing and shoving before a corner is taken, it's only Barca's opponent that gets a red card for shooting at goal within a second of the whistle, it's Cavani who gets yellow for asking for a card, never the moaners from Barcelona. One can always defend seperate decisions and the fact that referees make mistakes, but if you study all the decisive moments in crucial matches in Camp Nou, it doesn't even out at all, it's consistently in favour of Barca. And the media consistently avoid the controversy about it, starting with the choice of slow motions, camera angles and super slow motions.

No, he slipped, unintentionally, and on his way down decided to literally leap towards the ball. He was exceptionally stupid. You can see my posts in the match thread where I thought it wasn't a penalty, but the angle on the vid above is very clear. He would not have landed there if he didn't want to.

Not sure if you have ever ran and stumbled like that but I can tell you from experience there's no directing yourself in that situation, there's no steering left nor right, you go forward where momentum takes you.

Yes. TBH I usually don't agree with handball decisions unless there's intentional movement of the hand to the ball, or tons of time to move it away - I hate how La Liga is refereed on this. So it is possible that many others will find it a handball, I almost always don't think most "controversial" handballs should be called.

Hand tucked in :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if you can see that his entire left arm is stretched to the max, almost parallel with the ground ffs, how in earth is that tucked in?

It's actually quite rare to see so much time added on in a UCL game, if time should be added on for giving pens and goals etc, why was there only 3 mins added at the end of the City v Monaco game two weeks ago which had the same number of goals in the second half and had a penalty also.

A few green smileys and a different angle which also shows him throwing his head doesn't change that. Losing control and falling in the box, accident or not when a player is behind you and through on goal is a foul, end of.

You said lunged into him with his head though. That's another and more intentional wording. Of course that warrants green smilies. Clearly it's not as intentional as you want to make it - he doesn't have his eyes on Neymar - a lunge with the head is like the rememberable Phil Jones head-tackle.

Stop being offended and look at the fact that almost everyone in here agrees that this was questionable. Even the Ref didnt blow it the first time, who had a perfect sight of the situation. So clearly he didn't "lunge" into him - then the Ref would've probably have blown the first time.