Is it just me or do Barcelona get game changing favors from refs every game?

'Two shocking penalties', yet many commentators, from Brazil to England called the Neymar incident a penalty as soon as it happened, during the live feed. Also, you might want to check out the incident in the first half, also on Neymar, where one of PSG players goes straight into Neymar (Meunier I think). That could have been called as well. I knew that many people here were going to turn this amazing comeback into Uefalona crap.
I couldn't give a feck if a commentator said it.... Neymar trod on Munieres hand, kneed him in the head and collapsed. That's maybe ok for you but if a United player did it, I'd think he was a cheat too.

Edit. P.S.. if your English commentator is BT, that fecks your argument straight away. They couldn't spell penalty.

I couldn't give a feck if a commentator said it.... Neymar trod on Munieres hand, kneed him in the head and collapsed. That's maybe ok for you but if a United player did it, I'd think he was a cheat too.

Neymar ran normally towards the ball. A lot of penalties don't happen if the attacking players avoid contact that is initiated by the defender. But it's not the job of the attacking player to do that, it's the job of the defender to make sure he gets the ball. This PSG guy tripped and fell into Neymar's way, impeding his normal run towards the ball. That is a clear penalty, according to the rules. Could Neymar have avoided contact if he really wanted? Probably, but it doesn't matter.

The mistake was from the ref. He should have whistled penalty straight away. Didn't even need the additional ref. Barcelona won the penalty because the PSG guy tripped and blocked Neymar.

lol it's two hours you act the defensor fidei here, it actually signals you are not believing yourself.

Edit. P.S.. if your English commentator is BT, that fecks your argument straight away. They couldn't spell penalty.
You are about to have a meltdown mate. You need a break.

Neymar's penalty was a clear penalty for obstruction btw.

Neymar ran normally towards the ball. A lot of penalties don't happen if the attacking players avoid contact that is initiated by the defender. But it's not the job of the attacking player to do that, it's the job of the defender to make sure he gets the ball. This PSG guy tripped and fell into Neymar's way, impeding his normal run towards the ball. That is a clear penalty.
No it's not...... and I see you're ignoring Neymar treading on his hand BEFORE HE FELL (dived)?

By your standards, isn't it Neymars job to make sure he doesn't tread on him? Oh no.... That's acceptable?

lol it's two hours you act the defensor fidei here, it actually signals you are not believing yourself.

You're right. It doesn't change anything. People still believe what they want to believe.

Didnt watch the game but looked at the replays of both the penalties and thought they were both correct decisions. Very theatrical but there is definite(& idiotic) contact involved by the defenders.

Neymar ran normally towards the ball. A lot of penalties don't happen if the attacking players avoid contact that is initiated by the defender. But it's not the job of the attacking player to do that, it's the job of the defender to make sure he gets the ball. This PSG guy tripped and fell into Neymar's way, impeding his normal run towards the ball. That is a clear penalty, according to the rules. Could Neymar have avoided contact if he really wanted? Probably, but it doesn't matter.

It's not the job of the defender to get out of the way of the attacker.

So a collision occurs in the penalty area. . . The referee has to make a crucial decision.

Did the defender deliberately impede the striker?

To deliberately foul someone via a method which involves tripping yourself up and then tackling them with your head. . . . Well that's some "deliberate" foul.

If you think that's deliberate then it's a penalty.

There has to be intent. . . . Just like the handball rule for pens.

I didn't watch the whole game, just the last 30 minutes but from that the last 10 minutes or so we really atrocious. So I won't say they robbed the game as I feel this was more PSGs fault bottling it like champions but if it was Real Madrid se montaba la de Dios!!! I think they (Barcelona supporters) should at least be more autocritic and stop whining about referees helping Real Madrid or gettting screwed by them after todays game, yet again.

So a collision occurs in the penalty area. . . The referee has to make a crucial decision.

To deliberately foul someone via a method which involves tripping yourself up and then tackling them with your head. . . . Well that's some "deliberate" foul.

No there doesn't. :lol: Neymar got past him, Neymar was through on goal, defender then lunged his head into Neymar, it's a pen.

As you can see from this video, he lunges in, accident or not it's a penalty.

Both penalty calls were correct, in my opinion. I don't know what all the damn fuss is about. That was arguably the best comeback victory ever.

People should get a life and stop shitting all over it.

I think the Suarez pen was more solid than Neymar's. Neymar made sure he got tripped, Maruinhos did put his arm across intentionally.

Edit: that video has a replay from an angle I hadn't seen, looks like a clear pen there.

Both penalty calls were correct, in my opinion. I don't know what all the damn fuss is about. That was arguably the best comeback victory ever.

People should get a life and stop shitting all over it.
giphy.gif

You don't need to deliberately foul someone for it to be called. Why would anyone deliberately give away a penalty? I don't think any player has intended to give away a penalty for shits and giggles. A lot of fouls are accidental collisions.

There is simply no excuse for letting a 4-0 lead slip no matter how you want to dress it up. Those complaining about the refereeing last night, we'll see how outraged you are next time contentious decisions go for your team. To be fair united fans are pretty good when it comes to that. Mistakes by players contribute to the outcome of a game as much as mistakes by referees. If you fail to win a two legged tie with a 4-0 first leg lead, look at yourselves, not referees. I would say the same if Barcelona was on the receiving end and gave up a 4-0 first leg lead. In a two legged tie, the better team goes through. PSG weren't good enough for long enough.

Those complaining about the refereeing last night, we'll see how outraged you are next time contentious decisions go for your team. To be fair united fans are pretty good when it comes to that.
Sure one or two might happen for your team. 4, 5 or 6 happening for one team in the same match though? All of which have significant impacts on the result of the game. That's a different story.

both look like diving to me, very very soft penalty call.

both look like diving to me, very very soft penalty call.

First one is stonewall. Obstructs a player preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Second is naughty, but we've seen them given often enough.

The fact is Barca were dead and buried when the game started, then again after Cavani scored. It's a sad boring life if you can't admire that result and enjoy the roĺlercoaster it was.

Am I going blind because they both seem like penalties(first one is stonewall, second one is more debatable) to me? Looked at them from multiple angles and I'd be fuming if United were not awarded penalties for those fouls. Idiotic defending.

The second was just sheer stupidity from the defender. Gave Suarez the chance to dive by putting his arm up there.

The first penalty is absolutely blatant. I was speechless that the ref initially refused to give it.

Nobody mentioned the Mascherano handball

That's because it would be inconsistent with the wailing about Neymar's not being deliberate.

I'd disagree. The Neymar one doesn't look deliberate but, without it, there's a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The Mascherano one isn't a clear opportunity but it's bloody obvious to me he isn't making a real attempt at getting the ball. He is lunging to make himself big like a goalie would, in the hope of blocking the cross by hook or crook.

Yes. By hook or by booking/penalties.

That's because it would be inconsistent with the wailing about Neymar's not being deliberate.

I'd disagree. The Neymar one doesn't look deliberate but, without it, there's a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The Mascherano one isn't a clear opportunity but it's bloody obvious to me he isn't making a real attempt at getting the ball. He is lunging to make himself big like a goalie would, in the hope of blocking the cross by hook or crook.

Both looked real soft to me and seemed that Neymar and Suarez were looking for the contact, but what forward doesn't. The Neymar penalty was initiated by him and he easily could have went around the defender, I saw Januzaj do a very similar play earlier in the year for Sunderland and was booked for diving I believe. That being said I could still see this pen being given as in real time it is difficult for the ref. The second pen on Suarez seemed really soft too, but what do I know i'm not a ref. It seemed eerily similar to a Smalling non pen a few months back where he had positioning and was blocked off by the defender on a through ball. Barca just seem to have some good luck

This remains why it's insane to have a binary decision worth 0.85 of a goal. The Neymar penalty was for me a clear pen, but Marquinhos tapping Suarez without trying to make a play on the ball could absolutely go either way.

Both those penalties were soft. It's a real shame as a football fan because I'd love to see comebacks like that when I am watching as a neutral.

The first penalty seemed like Neymar just walked into the defender. I remember Ashley Young getting booked for similar dives. This is the one I could find.

They do seem to get some massive calls go their way. Could be the sway of 98,000 fans, could be the fact they have 3 world class players tip tapping round players in the area and ready to fall over at the drop of a hat. I don't think I'm ready to call conspiracy just yet mind, but they have had their fair share of decisions.

Exactly what people would have said about us during our years of dominance.

There's two reasons for this viewpoint :

1. The better teams are more skillful and by virtue of their skill force the referee to have to make more decisions. They attack the goal area more, they commit defenders more and hence the ref generally has more to give/not give.

2. The better teams tend to win. Hence, the decisions given in their favour tend to be perceived to be more decisive. If United play a lesser team and both get bad decisions in their favour, the ones in our favour will be highlight more because we most likely won.

There's obviously an element of teams having players who actively try to deceive and that exists in all teams albiet in varying dozes. But above two factors are more relevant in creating this feeling among fans.

First one is stonewall. Obstructs a player preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Second is naughty, but we've seen them given often enough.

The fact is Barca were dead and buried when the game started, then again after Cavani scored. It's a sad boring life if you can't admire that result and enjoy the roĺlercoaster it was.

There's much more to life than wanking off over a rotten club like barcelona

A club with no respect for anything but themselves, a club who routinely break transfer laws without a care in the world, a club who actively help their players commit huge tax fraud and then try and run campaigns garnering sympathy for said tax frauds....all this whilst encouraging play acting at every chance.

I hate them more than the gang of utter melts across the park

I accost both penalties will divide opinion. If neither were given, I wouldn't have complained. The Suarez one was very soft but the defender needs to know his opponent - Suarez does go down at slightest contact so don't give him reason to go down and don't give the referee a decision to make. I won't condone Suarez theatrics but he's not a,one when it comes to diving.

They do get the better of the decisions though. Two go up for a header. I say that was hard but fair. Yellow for one nothing for the other.
It might be a bit that the Spanish and the Italiens have a more propensity of running to the ref. That goal the fifth TV /ref /getting drunk for free in Barcelona tonight has given it before the Playoffs team ever reached him.

Didn't think either of Barca penalties were justified both Neymar and Suarez conned the ref and thought PSG had much stronger penalty claims turned down. I remember this a bit like the Chelsea game many years ago.

That Neymar penalty wasn't one for me. Neymar clearly intentionally runs into Meunier & he has history for repeatedly doing it as well.

He's also a massive cheat like Suarez.

I have my doubts about the first one. It looks to me Neymar saw the defender in his path and barged in to make the contact and win the penalty rather than the defender obstructing the attacker. If all you need to win a penalty is to run into a defender, get some contact and fall down, there'd be a lot of penalties given. If there was contact at the moment the defender falls, sure I can agree with that. But this one is not.

If this was Di Maria or Moura falling over Mascherano, let's just say the ref wouldn't have been very keen on calling for a spot kick.

Second one, despite the theartics, I don't have a problem. Soft, but correct imo.

Penalty decisions aside (everyone knows the story there) we'd be pissed if we went into a CL second league game (at any stage) 4 goals up with a clean sheet at home, with the chance to score away goals … and screwed it up!

PSG only have themselves to blame.

Normally one would say (and I personally loath this attitude) that defence would be the way to go, let them have the ball, park the bus and they might score one or two but that's it! However this is Barcelona – you don't give them all the possession and then get surprised that they score a hatful of goals.

PSG were far too passive from the off. Admittedly they started with one of their important playmakers sat on the bench but all they had to do was take the intensity to Barca like they did in the first leg and try and score once or twice themselves. Or, at the very least, keep clearing the ball upfield each time they won back possession in their own area but they seemed insistent on playing it out from the back (and immediately losing it again nine times out of ten) for some inexplicable reason.

It changed a bit after AdM came on, but the Barca players were 3 up and already had real belief they could finish the job off by then.

The heads of the Barcelona players visibly went down when they conceded the away goal and once again (lesson unlearnt) PSG thought, "job done" and sat back again when they should have really pressed for another.

Shouldn't be surprised that every Barca fan-boy has appeared out of the woodwork this morning spunking over MSN and saying how the result was never in doubt for a second – but, as disingenuous as it may sound – this one's all on PSG!