Is it just me or do Barcelona get game changing favors from refs every game?

PSG imploded. It was a schoolboy defending for the goals. Barca being so clinical didn't help either. PSG had the chance to put the game beyond doubt with Cavani and Di Maria missing free chances against the keeper. 3-2 and the tie is decided. They have themselves to blame for the lost opportunity.

I like how the UEFA go through all this hassle.

Maybe next time they can give Barca an easier draw than what's been happening in the past years. Save time, energy and money.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a foul. Neymar was behind him and past him before he fell it was obstructing a possible goalscoring opportunity.

Then i guess there should always be foul if the ball touch players arms!

What's your point? Slipping and committing a foul happens. A foul does not have to be deliberate.

It was a foul alright....A free kick out

Neymar deliberately ran into him and dived.

Do you think they told Cavani/Di Maria to miss a glorious chance to make it 3-2 as well?

PSG are entirely responsible for their own demise.

However Barcelona's "miracle" was not possible without the referee giving them two penalties that were not penalties.

Everyone loves the fairytale story, and isn't it amazing etc.....No it's not

I really want to see this as a great comeback, but the dives leave a bad taste in the mouth, if not practically discredit the entire thing. Barca won, but they shouldn't have. They cheated, and won unfairly. They didn't overcome a great obstacle. They went around it.

I like how the UEFA go through all this hassle.

Maybe next time they can give Barca an easier draw than what's been happening in the past years. Save time, energy and money.
That's the part of the conspiracy I don't get :lol:. Surely if there was one, there are easier ways to get your favourites to win than 3 goals in the 7 minutes? Ah well ....

PSG imploded. It was a schoolboy defending for the goals. Barca being so clinical didn't help either. PSG had the chance to put the game beyond doubt with Cavani and Di Maria missing free chances against the keeper. 3-2 and the tie is decided. They have themselves to blame for the lost opportunity.
Set up the game cowardly and approached it all wrong but Barcelona were hardly drowning in chances and got most the goals handed to them on a plate. One of them was a crucial one given to them by the ref and they certainly can blame him for that.

Set up the game cowardly and approached it all wrong but Barcelona were hardly drowning in chances and got most the goals handed to them on a plate. One of them was a crucial one given to them by the ref and they certainly can blame him for that.
Agree with all. I didn't think Barca had that many chances either. The best ones they converted, helped with an own goal and a dodgy peno.

Then i guess there should always be foul if the ball touch players arms!

If the player's been beaten and is through on goal, it could be, yes. The player didn't fall until Neymar was behind him, that's why the ref called it imo.

That's the part of the conspiracy I don't get :lol:. Surely if there was one, there are easier ways to get your favourites to win than 3 goals in the 7 minutes? Ah well ....
There are easier ways but the odds are nowhere near as good ;)

Ah no way.
If that first penalty was a penalty, then I'm a Chinaman.

How da feck can you be falling over and with your back to a player, then give away a penalty because that player deliberately runs into you?

Complete nonsense

Ref told Neymar to get up.
Barcelona players effectively bullied him into changing his mind.

Something very sinister went on tonight

Learn the rules. There doesn't have to be intent for it to be a foul

I thought the second pen was pretty scandalous, but I don't really have a problem with the first one; Neymar's under no obligation to jump over the guy or go around him, thereby losing time/momentum and decreasing his chance of making something of the situation.

The other dives throughout the second half especially were annoying though, the ref obviously knew they were dives and should have booked Neymar/Suarez for them.

They do get calls. The Chelsea game was a disgrace.

Also, Messi Neymar and Suarez is cheating. Barca doesn't need a manager or training with that front three. Literally I could manage barca just as good.

They are in for a dramatic decline similar to ours when Messi isn't this dominant. It will be like us losing SAF.

Watched and now had chance to watch some replays/read some reviews.

BT, ITV and all online reports.... BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Ind, etc etc ALL say it was brilliant football from Barca.

I've watched a different game then..... ignore studs challenge from Pique, ignore Suarez dive for a penalty, ignore the fact the ref originally didn't give it but the extra official with players in his way said it was (!), ignore the fact that Neymar treads on defenders (Muniere?) hand, knees him in the head then dives and THAT'S a penalty.

Barca were the greatest club team I've ever seen, they're still a very good team, they played some decent football but PSG tactics/decisions were laughable at times and the officials made some of our Premier League refs look good.

Greatest comeback ever? ...... nahhhh.

I think it's blatant both in Spain and even more so in Europe. I suppose having Busquets, Neymar and Suarez in your team is always going to mean your players cheat more but more often than not they get some very shady stuff go there way. I still think the Chelsea one was a fix. I mean didn't the ref never ref again? And don't give me that death threat bollocks. I bet he was driving a pretty fancy car the next day.

I think it's blatant both in Spain and even more so in Europe. I suppose having Busquets, Neymar and Suarez in your team is always going to mean your players cheat more but more often than not they get some very shady stuff go there way. I still think the Chelsea one was a fix. I mean didn't the ref never ref again? And don't give me that death threat bollocks. I bet he was driving a pretty fancy car the next day.
He actually refereed again in UCL. In the next season he was subject of the high scandal match between Bayern and Fiorentina when both teams scored an offside goal (one being ridiculously offside).

The other ref which didn't ref again was in a match a few years before when Mourinho went Mourinho, ref got death threads and retired, but that match really didn't have much (any) refereeing mistakes, while 2009 is (right there with S. Korea - Italy in 2002) the worst refereed match I have ever seen.

I can't say it's rigged, it's human nature please the alpha monkey, we are renowned match-fixers worldwide ehehe and still lost a CL final to Madrid in 1998 from an evident offside goal by Mijatovic. It's same as rich go richer, you can't close the gap if you are not rich enough yourself to fight them on a level field.

Mascherano: "Its clear that I did foul Di Maria but I think that's not the reason why we eliminated PSG."

You can't make this shit up lol

Any reasonable person would know that if the ref. wanted to help Barca he would have given the clear penalty on Neymar himself. Instead, it was the additional ref who saw it. But never mind, some guys actually contested that stonewall penalty as well. Nobody commented anything when a clear pen. was not given by Rizzoli vs Atletico last year. I understand there is a lot of negative bias towards Barca considering the recent CL finals from Rome and London, but still, at least be consistent and admit that there are plenty of times when Barca is also on the wrong side of the decisions.

Btw, I suppose nobody cared here that Giggs was offside in the CL final from London at Rooney's goal.

Any reasonable person would know that if the ref. wanted to help Barca he would have given the clear penalty on Neymar himself. Instead, it was the additional ref who saw it. But never mind, some guys actually contested that stonewall penalty as well. Nobody commented anything when a clear pen. was not given by Rizzoli vs Atletico last year. I understand there is a lot of negative bias towards Barca considering the recent CL finals from Rome and London, but still, at least be consistent and admit that there are plenty of times when Barca is also on the wrong side of the decisions.
Last I checked Atleti had to get play with 10 men for an hour at the Camp Nou lol

On the Neymar penalty. The ref clearly
Mascherano: "Its clear that I did foul Di Maria but I think that's not the reason why we eliminated PSG."

You can't make this shit up lol

I'm willing to give him credit for admitting it.

Straight red card and a penalty for PSG so.

Btw, I suppose nobody cared here that Giggs was offside in the CL final from London at Rooney's goal.
Don't be ridiculous. Iniesta (who made the shot for that penalty) should have been sent off a few minutes before considering that he went full keeper as the last man.

Sure, two wrongs don't make a right, but two wrongs for a team is worse than one wrong for both team (especially if the second wrong wouldn't have existed if the ref did his job correctly on the first one).

PS: And well, it becomes three wrongs if you count Torres decision. Barca was heavily factorized on that match, don't act like you were the victim.

Don't be ridiculous. Iniesta (who made the shot for that penalty) should have been sent off a few minutes before considering that he went full keeper as the last man.

Sure, two wrongs don't make a right, but two wrongs for a team is worse than one wrong for both team (especially if the second wrong wouldn't have existed if the ref did his job correctly on the first one).

OK, but if the refs are with Barca why did they let United score an offside goal on Wembley then? I mean the biggest stage of all, the greatest game, and they make a crucial mistake for United and against Barca. And what about Kassai vs Munich. First goal, offensive foul, 2nd goal offside, 3rd goal for Bayern foul by Muller on Alba. I can go on. There is the Inter tie, in which Barca could have got something like 3 clear penalties, Inter scored an offside goal, and Barca scored a legit one not given. Plenty of big games in which Barca drew the short stick with the refs.

I thought the second pen was pretty scandalous, but I don't really have a problem with the first one; Neymar's under no obligation to jump over the guy or go around him, thereby losing time/momentum and decreasing his chance of making something of the situation.

The other dives throughout the second half especially were annoying though, the ref obviously knew they were dives and should have booked Neymar/Suarez for them.
Agree first is a def pen for me, he impeded Neymar whether intentionally or not. Second one never a pen for me, but it's Suarez and he's shown many times that he'll happily cheat to win, referee was daft enough to give it.

Anyone bring up the chelsea semifinal?

Anyone?

Well Chelsea semi final

OK, but if the refs are with Barca why did they let United score an offside goal on Wembley then? I mean the biggest stage of all, the greatest game, and they make a crucial mistake for United and against Barca.
Because the refs aren't for Barca. Just that they get most of their decisions because:
a) they attack a lot
b) they cheat a lot (Suarez, Neymar, Busquets)
c) they make a lot of pressure on the referee
d) they have some highly respected players, and so get double standards.

Point a) This goes for most of the top teams, if you're gonna attack a lot, you're gonna get a few extra pens in your favor. We did that during Fergie's years and Scousers cried for conspiracy. Barca does that and Madrid cries for conspiracy. Real does that and Barca cries for conspiracy, etc etc.

Point b) Our very own Ashley Young got a few pens a few seasons ago by cheating. Now imagine having a few Ashley Youngs in the team, who are actually much better at playing football...

Point c) Not exclusive to Barca (Bayern/Real do it a lot too) but Barca does it more than any other team.

Point d) Just look at the example I made, if any other player in the world (bar probably Messi) would have done what Iniesta did in Atletico match, he would have been sent off. I mean, a deliberate handball as the last man and he wasn't sent off despite that the ref awarded a pen. It was as a straightforward red card as you can ever see. But it was Iniesta so double standards. (to some degree) comparable act is when Mata this year wasn't sent off despite that he made a shock horror challenge. If it was any other player in our team, he would have been sent off, but because Mata is nice and so, he survived.

So yep, it isn't refs favoring Barca deliberately, but more a combination of you being very good (point a and d) and using some dark arts (point b and c). It served you well, so no complaints from your part, I guess.

Anyone bring up the chelsea semifinal?

Anyone?

Well Chelsea semi final

Bosingwa penalty on Henry and red card. Min 70-something on Camp Nou. Two can play this game. Problem for Barca is that no one remembers the pull by Bosingwa on Henry in a clear goal scoring situation in the first leg. Barca go 1-0 up and Chelsea is left with 10 men for 20 mins, that's a different tie. Ballack penalty in the return leg and wrong red card for Abidal. Also, 3 penalties for Chelsea, two of them very clear. Which everyone in Enlgand remembers. Those other things, the calls against Barca, are easier to forget. Understandable, everyone remembers better the things he wants to.

Because the refs aren't for Barca. Just that they get most of their decisions because:
a) they attack a lot
b) they cheat a lot (Suarez, Neymar, Busquets)
c) they make a lot of pressure on the referee
d) they have some highly respected players, and so get double standards.

Point a) This goes for most of the top teams, if you're gonna attack a lot, you're gonna get a few extra pens in your favor. We did that during Fergie's years and Scousers cried for conspiracy. Barca does that and Madrid cries for conspiracy. Real does that and Barca cries for conspiracy, etc etc.

Point b) Our very own Ashley Young got a few pens a few seasons ago by cheating. Now imagine having a few Ashley Youngs in the team, who are actually much better at playing football...

Point c) Not exclusive to Barca (Bayern/Real do it a lot too) but Barca does it more than any other team.

Point d) Just look at the example I made, if any other player in the world (bar probably Messi) would have done what Iniesta did in Atletico match, he would have been sent off. I mean, a deliberate handball as the last man and he wasn't sent off despite that the ref awarded a pen. It was as a straightforward red card as you can ever see. But it was Iniesta so double standards. (to some degree) comparable act is when Mata this year wasn't sent off despite that he made a shock horror challenge. If it was any other player in our team, he would have been sent off, but because Mata is nice and so, he survived.

So yep, it isn't refs favoring Barca deliberately, but more a combination of you being very good (point a and d) and using some dark arts (point b and c). It served you well, so no complaints from your part, I guess.

Yea, that is fair. Also, Madrid dives just as much. Arguably Bayern too, Robben, even Muller like to do it. Ronaldo is a master, and Pepe, Marceo are just like the Barca players (Suarez, Alba) when it comes to diving and tricking the refs. Neymar dives as well, but he pays the price for that because a lot of times he is clearly fouled, and those fouls are not called because of his reputation.

Most technical players try to deceive the refs into awarding them fouls. This is only attached to Barca because of the huge success this club has. If Barca hadn't won so much in the last 10-15 years, people wouldn't speak about the dives as often.

You're really going to compare Giggs being three inches offside to the decisions Barca got tonight?! :lol::lol::lol:

Two shocking penalties, extra officials giving decisions despite having line of sight blocked, refs giving penalty despite having line of sight blocked, Suarez should have had a second yellow .... for a second dive, Pique studs tackle and now, Mascherano admitting he fouled Di Maria which is a pen/red??

Straws..... grasping..... at.....

Be happy you won but tonight you got a wheelbarrow of decisions.

Only second penalty was a dive. Di Maria wasn't tripped. Masch. didn't touch him i think. If anyone has a slow replay, please post.

'Two shocking penalties', yet many commentators, from Brazil to England called the Neymar incident a penalty as soon as it happened, during the live feed. Also, you might want to check out the incident in the first half, also on Neymar, where one of PSG players goes straight into Neymar (Meunier I think). That could have been called as well. I knew that many people here were going to turn this amazing comeback into Uefalona crap.

He slipped FFS
So everytime a player slips ref shouldn't call it? That's a novel way of defending. With that logic every defender should look to slip in his box.

The Neymar penalty is an example of extremely poor and weak refereeing.

The awarding of penalties is a decision the referee should take and should take alone EXCEPT in circumstances where a penalty should be awarded that a referee didn't see but another match official did (e.g. Player punched in pen area behind the refs back)

By making his decision not to give the penalty (and also to signal to Neymar to get up) the referee (Denis Atyekin) soon began to cave in to pressure from Barcelona players. As this was occurring Barcelona players had already surrounded the match official who did give the penalty.

The rest as we know is history, but one thing Aytekin did do was pass responsibility for the decision to the guy behind the goal. Why was he only consulted? Because he was nearest? The referee was as close. . . Did the linesman on that side agree or disagree?.

It was all a mess and poor officiating

Barcelona won the penalty by putting pressure on the referee to give it, and then proceeded to win a second pen from a clear dive.

The mistake was from the ref. He should have whistled penalty straight away. Didn't even need the additional ref. Barcelona won the penalty because the PSG guy tripped and blocked Neymar.