Is it just me or do Barcelona get game changing favors from refs every game?

It's a shame to put a caveat on such an incredible comeback, but the first penalty is questionable (he slips and falls straight into the path of the ball, rather than across Neymar's path, but there is an element of obstruction there - should have been an indirect free-kick) and the second one is a long way away from being a foul (an arm on its own doesn't create a foul).

Swap "Barca" for "United" and this is possibly the most Rawkish thread in the caf. Conspiracies everywhere. :lol:

Massive swings in performance levels from the first leg to the second leg, incredible stamina shown in the second leg, not for the first time. I imagine Lance Armstrong would be proud....

It's simple, when Barca give a shit no team comes close. They gave a shit this game.

I don't disagree that one decision can change the game. It's entirely possible, even in 6-1 game, but it's really marginal thing that when it happens it really shouldn't be talked much about. Reading some of the comments here you would think ref gave them 5 penalties for nothing.

It's getting these kind of reaction because the bigger teams get helped over and over again in this competition. And Barça have been at the receiving end of a lot of this types of games over the years. Meanwhile I have to sit at home out of the european competitions because a few Real Madrid divers changed the result against us. It's bullshit. There are video refs in rugby, in basketball, in tennis and the biggest sport in the world has to live through this

I don't disagree that one decision can change the game. It's entirely possible, even in 6-1 game, but it's really marginal thing that when it happens it really shouldn't be talked much about. Reading some of the comments here you would think ref gave them 5 penalties for nothing.

Referee gave them at least 2 very debatable decisions as well as not booking their players for card waving and stuff like that. Tbh the ref had a shitty game but in the end Barca are through so their fans will never ever wanna see things for another perspective.

The bad decisions tonight were the Suarez pen, the Verratti non red card.

You mean the time they had a perfectly disallowed goal in the last minute against Inter which would have put them through. If they were favoured then that goal would have been given, no?
lol. 1 incident ever? Look at tonight for 3 or more favourable decisions alone. The Chelsea game a few years back is another 5 or 6 too.

Tbh, no matter the ref's performances, PSG gifted Barca at least 2 game changing favors themselves. Those first 2 goals are shocking. Then there's that head tackle for the third. I mean what the feck are they doing. That's a pathetic set of goals really. And then after having conceded those 3, they concede 3 more less pathetic but still quite random goals after the 88th minute?!?!?! That's just an unacceptable bottle job. Unbelievable this.

Puts all that "refs favour Madrid" whining from them to bed at least. That penalty decision on Suarez was shocking.

lol. 1 incident ever? Look at tonight for 3 or more favourable decisions alone. The Chelsea game a few years back is another 5 or 6 too.

No I could mention more from that game alone along with other games so don't 'lol' me just because you have a poor memory. What 3 decisions? I think first one was a penalty, second one wasn't. What's the third decision?

Tbh, no matter the ref's performances, PSG gifted Barca at least 2 game changing favors themselves. Those first 2 goals are shocking. Then there's that head tackle for the third. I mean what the feck are they doing. That's a pathetic set of goals really. And then after having conceded those 3, they concede 3 more less pathetic but still quite random goals after the 88th minute?!?!?! That's just an unacceptable bottle job. Unbelievable this.
It really is baffling. Trapp couldn't save his own life.

I really hope this is parody.

Not at all I just assume Lance is a Barca fan due to both parties having benefitted from the superb medical advice of Dr Garcia del Moral, what is it he once said to Tyler Hamilton, ah yes - “you guys take nothing in comparison to footballers.”

For me, the first penalty was contentious. I mean the player wasn't fouling, but he impeded the opposition player and had to pay the price. Suarez though. :lol: no defender should touch him in the box because then, there is only 1 result.

Not at all I just assume Lance is a Barca fan due to both parties having benefitted from the superb medical advice of Dr Garcia del Moral, what is it he once said to Tyler Hamilton, ah yes - “you guys take nothing in comparison to footballers.”

Let it go mate, they're just better than other teams.

Manchester United supporters are the same as every other human beingemotionally involved with a chosen football team. People naturally gravitate towards irrational hatred and blindness to their own hypocrisy when they see success from a club bigger than theirs.

Unfortunately Barca are a bigger club than us.
I admire Barcelona and think they are the best side I have ever seen. I also agree that people are being whiny when they complain about these so called decisions. By what criteria however are Barcelona bigger than us? They have 2 more CLs but we are the most successful team in our country whereas they aren't. So success is pretty much more or less even. Fan base, economy, popularity etc ..., we are higher than them. The only area they have over us clearly is the past half a dozen years or so, is that seriously enough to make them bigger than us? Unless you are Real Madrid, no club can really claim to be bigger than us.

TBH, when the ref gave that late free kick, he should have booked Veratti again (and sent him off). Think it was the challenge on the keeper. It was just as bad as the first one.

Manchester United supporters are the same as every other human beingemotionally involved with a chosen football team. People naturally gravitate towards irrational hatred and blindness to their own hypocrisy when they see success from a club bigger than theirs.

Unfortunately Barca are a bigger club than us.

Bigger? No. Better? Yes by a country mile.

Swap "Barca" for "United" and this is possibly the most Rawkish thread in the caf. Conspiracies everywhere. :lol:
Agree with this. Sounds like how the rest of PL fans talk. Same with Juventus and Bayern Munich in their respective leagues. Barca has been the most succesful club in Europe in the last decade so it's only natural that they get more of the heat.

This.

Referee gave them at least 2 very debatable decisions as well as not booking their players for card waving and stuff like that. Tbh the ref had a shitty game but in the end Barca are through so their fans will never ever wanna see things for another perspective.

At least 2? First penalty was clear.

Since when do refs book players for card waving?

Let it go. People used to say the same about us when we used to win consistently.

Good teams get decisions their way. I remember a few years ago a RAWK poster claimed we would get a disproportionate amount of penalties every season compared to other top teams -- someone made the simple case that given our dominance, we spent more time in the opposition half (and the opposition penalty area) than the average PL side. It's only natural we'd be having that statistic skewed in our favour.

Barcelona gave a shit today. They won today. It was a fantastic game.

Agree with this. Sounds like how the rest of PL fans talk. Same with Juventus and Bayern Munich in their respective leagues. Barca has been the most succesful club in Europe in the last decade so it's only natural that they get more of the heat.

Pretty much. There's threads like these about us all over other forums so I find it humorous our fans get all worked up over decisions Barca get. In the 90s this was all I heard about us.

T

Since when do refs book players for card waving?

Well tonight. Cavani was booked for card waving.

For me, the first penalty was contentious. I mean the player wasn't fouling, but he impeded the opposition player and had to pay the price. Suarez though. :lol: no defender should touch him in the box because then, there is only 1 result.

Ah no way.
If that first penalty was a penalty, then I'm a Chinaman.

How da feck can you be falling over and with your back to a player, then give away a penalty because that player deliberately runs into you?

Complete nonsense

Ref told Neymar to get up.
Barcelona players effectively bullied him into changing his mind.

Something very sinister went on tonight

I used to be a Barca fan post Guardiola was their manager.. After that I couldn't after seeing so many games that the referee does his best to help him to win when they need some help! It's unbelievable how often this happens in CL for them, no other team in CL is as lucky as them with some help when needed. I would like to know how the referee found out that it should be 5 min in extra time..

Ah no way.

How da feck can you be falling over and with your back to a player, then give away a penalty because that player deliberately runs into you?

Complete nonsense

Do you think they told Cavani/Di Maria to miss a glorious chance to make it 3-2 as well?

Ah no way.

Complete nonsense

He was wrong footed, Neymar was behind him and past him when he decided to drop his head in the way.

Let it go. People used to say the same about us when we used to win consistently.

Good teams get decisions their way. I remember a few years ago a RAWK poster claimed we would get a disproportionate amount of penalties every season compared to other top teams -- someone made the simple case that given our dominance, we spent more time in the opposition half (and the opposition penalty area) than the average PL side. It's only natural we'd be having that statistic skewed in our favour.

Barcelona gave a shit today. They won today. It was a fantastic game.

Exactly. There was no chance of PSG getting two flukey penalties today because they barely ventured towards the Barca goal, not because the world was conspiring against them.

Ah no way.

Complete nonsense

You think it was the Barcelona players who changed his mind? As opposed to his colleague behind the goal who told him that it was a penalty?

Yep mad skillz, belief and commitment nothing more...

Ref decisions you can argue but this old meme about them being drugged up junkies is getting old. They've been investigated before and have continued to dominate Europe, they've also had their rough patches in Europe, take your mind back to the Bayern game a few years back. Or does that not suit your agenda? They must pick and choose when they wanna inject.

Mascherano admitted he fouled Di Maria when he went through one on one in the 85th min.

Pretty much. There's threads like these about us all over other forums so I find it humorous our fans get all worked up over decisions Barca get. In the 90s this was all I heard about us.

Well tonight. Cavani was booked for card waving.

Pretty sure he got booked for bad language. Players from both teams did it today and he's the only one who got booked for it? Nah

Ref decisions you can argue but this old meme about them being drugged up junkies is getting old. They've been investigated before and have continued to dominate Europe, they've also had their rough patches in Europe, take your mind back to the Bayern game a few years back. Or does that not suit your agenda? They must pick and choose when they wanna inject.

Their terrible games just prove how doped up they must be when they play well, or something.

Their terrible games just prove how doped up they must be when they play well, or something.

Yep their kink must be great comebacks, why they must only get drugged up for the second legs the cheeky buggers.