Is it just me or do Barcelona get game changing favors from refs every game?

They attack a lot, and they dive a lot, which makes them get more decisions in their favor then against, but I doubt that there is an UEFALONA conspiracy. Bar in 2009, of course, when I was convinced (and still am) that Uefa encouraged the ref to send the Barca to final in order to not make again an all English final, and them being the darling of the media.

Tonight, PSG have only themselves to blame.

People keep saying this as if the swing of decisions didn't affect the result. We aren't talking about a single questionable free-kick, but a 2 or 3 goal swing in penalty decisions.

Absolutely nothing dodgy for the first pen, the only dodgy thing for the free kick was that Verratti wasn't sent off. The second pen was soft, but still it probably was a pen and Marquinhos was an idiot for doing that.

Running?

There's no conspiracy. During SAF's years, I remember oppo fans basically saying we had every single ref in our pocket :lol:

They'd highlight decisions for and ignore everything that went against us.

There's no conspiracy. During SAF's years, I remember oppo fans basically saying we had every single ref in our pocket :lol:

People have really short memories.

Manchester United supporters are the same as every other human beingemotionally involved with a chosen football team. People naturally gravitate towards irrational hatred and blindness to their own hypocrisy when they see success from a club bigger than theirs.

Unfortunately Barca are a bigger club than us.

Absolutely nothing dodgy for the first pen, the only dodgy thing for the free kick was that Verratti wasn't sent off. The second pen was soft, but still it probably was a pen and Marquinhos was an idiot for doing that.

:lol:

So I wonder if Barca and RM meet in the final, who will UEFA support?

Exactly what I came in to post.

Plus, as with us during SAF's years, you tend to get more penalties when you do more attacking and you tend to get late goals when you keep attacking until the end. Barcelona were all over PSG tonight and that will often show in penalties (correctly or incorrectly) being awarded.

I thought both pens were tragic? I mean Neymar literally tries to trip himself over the right back in the first one, while the right back is already on the floor.

5th goal of 6 was dubious! Clear conspiracy!

Reminds me of our local team when they lose by 10 goals:"Yeah, but that 7th goal was offside!"

It's quite simple; humans are out of their depth at this level. There needs to be some degree of video assistance in games of this magnitude.

Neither penalty was a penalty. . . The first one was a complete joke.

Are the fourth/fifth officials allowed to award penalties?
Maybe they are.

However one important factor was the ref himself, Deniz Aytekin.

Aytekin is a dreadful referee.

It's tiring because these mistakes always fall to the same teams, especially in the big CL games

Barça will get praise for tonight, they won't be ridiculed like they should.

Reminds me of our local team when they lose by 10 goals:"Yeah, but that 7th goal was offside!"
No but most calls fell for them tonight.. But at the end of the day its all on PSG.

It's not you, the refs always help them in Europe when they need it. See every big game they were ever behind in for evidence.

No but most calls fell for them tonight.. But at the end of the day its all on PSG.

There were lot of wrong calls in the game, probably more than in your average game, but all 6 goals were clear for me. Both penalties were probably right decisions.

Penalty decisions and refereeing aside, had Di Maria put away his chance or even squared it, the tie would've been over.

You sound like how other teams used to talk about us when we were dominating football. Sad times.

A single goal is what made the difference though tonight unlike the example you are talking about.

They scored 6 goals, and only second penalty of those 6 goals was dubious, even though ithat one looked like a good decision in the end too. He clearly trips him.

Talking about conspiracies is stupid when at least 5 goals out of 6 were completely clear.

It's not you, the refs always help them in Europe when they need it. See every big game they were ever behind in for evidence.
Not a coincidence that they're one of the most frequent play acting teams. Conning the refs is very effective in the CL. That's the problem that needs to be addressed.

Same ref a few years ago in the Bundesliga.

Awards Eintracht Frankfurt a penalty. Gets surrounded by Stuttgart players who order him to go to the linesman. . . which he does.
Linesman tells him to award a free kick out.

People have really short memories.
Manchester United supporters are the same as every other human beingemotionally involved with a chosen football team. People naturally gravitate towards irrational hatred and blindness to their own hypocrisy when they see success from a club bigger than theirs.

Unfortunately Barca are a bigger club than us.

Exactly what I came in to post.

Plus, as with us during SAF's years, you tend to get more penalties when you do more attacking and you tend to get late goals when you keep attacking until the end. Barcelona were all over PSG tonight and that will often show in penalties (correctly or incorrectly) being awarded.
Aye, there's no denying that Barca we're looking for pens - and Suarez and Neymar do go to ground (dive) a bit too much for my liking - but a ref getting a decision wrong because of manufactured contact/diving or not, is vastly different to there being an active strategy and conspiracy by refs to favor them.

Same goes to most big clubs. They get more decisions for, as opposed to against, because they're predominantly dominant. Except us, this season of course. We've really gotten very little calls in our favor where penalties are concerned :lol:

They scored 6 goals, and only second penalty of those 6 goals was dubious, even though ithat one looked like a good decision in the end too. He clearly trips him.

Talking about conspiracies is stupid when at least 5 goals out of 6 were completely

Talking about conspiracies is stupid when at least 5 goals out of 6 were completely clear.
Yeah but again that single goal is what made the biggest difference. Referees don't need to have a series of bad decisions to change games, only one can be enough.

The bad decisions tonight were the Suarez pen, the Verratti non red card.

You mean the time they had a perfectly disallowed goal in the last minute against Inter which would have put them through. If they were favoured then that goal would have been given, no?

That's nonsense.

Did your local team win the game 4-0 in the first leg? Was it on aggregate? 5th goal was the most vital goal for Barcelona.

As a football supporter and a CL television subscriber I refuse to accept this. Five referees and nobody reacts against all these divings?

Both Suarez and Neymar should be sent off. Not even debatable. Barcelona should be ashamed of them self. If the top brass in the Catalonian club have some sorts a honor they should apologize to PSG and all football supporters around the world.

I can accept players going down easy. Theatric behavior is sometimes part of the game. But when two of the best players in the world, playing for the same club, systematically dive, over and over again, without the referee reacts then something is seriously wrong. UEFA needs to act against the players and the referees before something ugly happens. Punish Suarez and Neymar.

Pathetic thread.
Seriously, this reminds me of the ABUs claiming the refs, FA and media always favour us.
Barca were brilliant tonight.
Live with it.

Yeah but again that single goal is what made the biggest difference. Referees don't need to have a series of bad decisions to change games, only one can be enough.

I don't disagree that one decision can change the game. It's entirely possible, even in 6-1 game, but it's really marginal thing that when it happens it really shouldn't be talked much about. Reading some of the comments here you would think ref gave them 5 penalties for nothing.