ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I was fully expecting someone to quote me back with my prediction that South Africa would be shit so I will raise it myself instead :(.

I do hope they win it though but no complaints if India do.

Honestly, Heaps, I've no clue how we've made it this far. Our bowlers have been phenomenal. SKY and Pandya have been really really good, too. Id have said the semis were our limits but we've gone all the way. Should be a good final.

India just far too good in this tournament, insanely strong team with barely any weaknesses. England on the other hand have a lot of changes to make

-Mott has to go, he has added absolutely nothing. In 2024 if you can’t build a proper t20 batting lineup and have to change around so much then you are just clueless. Add to that their obsession with chasing regardless of the conditions is just madness and he has shown no ability to learn
-Jos needs to step down from t20 captaincy and let someone else have a go(Brook probably )
- Brook needs to bat 3/4. He needs to have more time to bat
- Fresh faces needed in t20. Bairstow,Moeen,Livingstone etc need to step aside and time to play some new batters

Bumrahs an all timer (at least for India).
Seriously, It's crazy that despite how good he is you feel he's under appreciated. Of course names like Kohli, Rohit, Hardik are always mentioned but having a guy like Bumrah is a cheat code. He can and does literally flip a game on its head in one over.

There was a discussion on bbc radio in this game saying would you rather have 16 overs against India and not having Bumrah bowl with no runs and wickets of course or 20 full overs. The fact that that is even a discussion is crazy.

@Ish Are you trying to reverse jinx South Africa? Because any team with Klaasen, Miller, Tristan Stubbs and De Kock as batsmen, and Rabada, Nortje (plus a couple of good spinners) is a pretty strong team and IMLTHO has a good shot to win it.
@Ish What do you think of my prediction now eh? :cool:

India should be super happy with their performances this wc, especially beating Australia and England back to back convincingly.

Game against SA won't be easy. Hopefully weather remain good. Early indication showing we may have a washout on Saturday and may get some game on Sunday.

Fact that you had to put in brackets (atleast for India) shows our underappreciated he is. No question he's an all-timer for me, on the level of Akram, McGrath etc.
As great as Bumrah is his body of work is far too limited right now to be considered all-timer .

All these experts/fans saying Virat should go back to his natural game need to chill. The team's doing fine.

All these experts/fans saying Virat should go back to his natural game need to chill. The team's doing fine.

Yeah it's pathetic. The team is playing with one mindset and they should continue doing it.

Fact that you had to put in brackets (atleast for India) shows our underappreciated he is. No question he's an all-timer for me, on the level of Akram, McGrath etc.
There's underappreciated and then there's putting him in the same class as arguably two of the greatest pace bowlers ever. Bumrah has to do more to be on that level.

There's underappreciated and then there's putting him in the same class as arguably two of the greatest pace bowlers ever. Bumrah has to do more to be on that level.

IMO if a player has 4-5 years worth of performance, I think that should be enough to use to draw comparisons from because 4-5 years is a long time(provided the sample size is not something silly like 10 games).

The greatest cricketers have longevity, but longevity shouldn't be a prerequisite to be part of the conversation.

Bumrah is extremely effective with the new ball, middle overs, death in both T20 and ODI. He is brilliant in tests at home in India, and away in every country he has played, and he does it with the new and old ball both There hasn't been a more complete bowler than Bumrah. Cricket places far too much value on longevity. It should instead be on sample size.

IMO if a player has 4-5 years worth of performance, I think that should be enough to use to draw comparisons from because 4-5 years is a long time(provided the sample size is not something silly like 10 games).

The greatest cricketers have longevity, but longevity shouldn't be a prerequisite to be part of the conversation.

Bumrah is extremely effective with the new ball, middle overs, death in both T20 and ODI. He is brilliant in tests at home in India, and away in every country he has played, and he does it with the new and old ball both There hasn't been a more complete bowler than Bumrah. Cricket places far too much value on longevity. It should instead be on sample size.

It's not a prerequisite but it's an important factor. Doing it for 4-5 years is great but it doesn't compare to someone doing the same for 9-10 years.

I suppose there is truth that it's too quick to judge a bowler whose played 127 internationals (test + ODI) with someone who played 460 (Akram) but Bumrah has already had a 10 year international career being a top class bowler. Injuries have set him back a lot, which is why he hasn't played as much as maybe Akram would have in the same timeframe, but in terms of how he's bowled in his career I think he's sustained a very good level for most of it, and transcended to God like in the last two.

Though it may be funny to say now, I think Shaheen was a very close candidate to challenge Bumrah but he's been utterly fecked by his injury and rushed recovery in 2022. In the couple of years before that he was at a very high level as well in all formats.

Cummins is the only other fast bowler I would consider being close right now.

I suppose there is truth that it's too quick to judge a bowler whose played 127 internationals (test + ODI) with someone who played 460 (Akram) but Bumrah has already had a 10 year international career being a top class bowler. Injuries have set him back a lot, which is why he hasn't played as much as maybe Akram would have in the same timeframe, but in terms of how he's bowled in his career I think he's sustained a very good level for most of it, and transcended to God like in the last two.

Though it may be funny to say now, I think Shaheen was a very close candidate to challenge Bumrah but he's been utterly fecked by his injury and rushed recovery in 2022. In the couple of years before that he was at a very high level as well in all formats.

Cummins is the only other fast bowler I would consider being close right now.

People also give no consideration to the era of cricket we're in. Where 500 runs have been broken in ODIs. Where teams are nearing on 300 in T20s. And then you have Bumrah, through all of that, being almost unhittable and the best weapon any bowling team has to offer.

People also give no consideration to the era of cricket we're in. Where 500 runs have been broken in ODIs. Where teams are nearing on 300 in T20s. And then you have Bumrah, through all of that, being almost unhittable and the best weapon any bowling team has to offer.

Yea, which if why I said he's been God like the last two years. It's incredible just how unable batsman have been to play him while in the same match destroying other bowlers.

I don't understand people saying there aren't any great bowlers today like in the past, it's just that the metrics on how to judge them have changed. It's like saying only Lara and Sachin from the 90s are comparable to batsman today.

The game has changed so much since then, any comparison has to be done with respect to the eras.

Difficult to blame England's batting yesterday, they had to go big in the powerplay on that pitch and it didn't come off. Looks ugly after that but I'd rather they folded giving it a go than playing for a respectable defeat like Bangladesh.

Bowling is the bigger issue. Aside from Archer, none of the other seamers are good enough to be regulars and I don't think there's anyone that's really pushing them domestically. Similar for spin but Rashid looks like he's still got a few years in him.

I was fully expecting someone to quote me back with my prediction that South Africa would be shit so I will raise it myself instead :(.

I do hope they win it though but no complaints if India do.
Leave us Saffers alone, heap! :lol:

Don't worry, even we weren't expecting much from them - especially based on all the anguish from the past.

India just far too good in this tournament, insanely strong team with barely any weaknesses. England on the other hand have a lot of changes to make

-Mott has to go, he has added absolutely nothing. In 2024 if you can’t build a proper t20 batting lineup and have to change around so much then you are just clueless. Add to that their obsession with chasing regardless of the conditions is just madness and he has shown no ability to learn
-Jos needs to step down from t20 captaincy and let someone else have a go(Brook probably )
- Brook needs to bat 3/4. He needs to have more time to bat
- Fresh faces needed in t20. Bairstow,Moeen,Livingstone etc need to step aside and time to play some new batters

Disagree about Livingstone, he now seems to have taken on Ali’s role as the all rounder so think he is fine as that. Not sure what Ali is bringing to the team now as he hasn’t bowled last couple of games. Think England are a batsman light. I think Ali and Jordan will probably be moved on and we need to get another batter integrated and some more quality in the bowling department. Paul Walter had a good BBL in Australia so he would be worth a shot.

Can't wait for the day someone tells Ravi Shastri that you dont need to shout into the mic and that's exactly what it's there for

Can't wait for the day someone tells Ravi Shastri that you dont need to shout into the mic and that's exactly what it's there for
Yeah sounds as coked up as ever

India win toss and bat first. Chance for SA to kill off the choker tag once and for all

Yeah sounds as coked up as ever

India win toss and bat first. Chance for SA to kill off the choker tag once and for all

Hope we don't do a classic 12-3 knockout performance. I can't take another ICC loss. They have to win this for me

A T20 World Cup Final at 10AM in the morning is just wrong.

Obviously get why though.

Great catch! Huge wicket that

E: And again. Kesh with the golden arm.