ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Insane win for India who were the best team overall. Bumrah just magnificent, in 2024 with so much video available if you are so impossible to face then you just are so so special.

A word for the proteas, Not sure how South Africa recover from this. They have built a sensational team but their only weakness was not having all rounders and it came to bite them today. I am amazed how they have so many batters who play spin so well in limited overs which is something English & Australian batters struggle with. Hope this team can get a title soon but I fear that this will be the closest they get

Insane win for India who were the best team overall. Bumrah just magnificent, in 2024 with so much video available if you are so impossible to face then you just are so so special.

A word for the proteas, Not sure how South Africa recover from this. They have built a sensational team but their only weakness was not having all rounders and it came to bite them today. I am amazed how they have so many batters who play spin so well in limited overs which is something English & Australian batters struggle with. Hope this team can get a title soon but I fear that this will be the closest they get
It can go either way for them to be honest. It could knock them back or it could lead them to flourish, depends on the mental character in the group. But there’s lots of good teams, it’s hard to win - as India know - even if you have a great team.

Today though, I wouldn’t say it’s because they lacked all rounders. For me it was a lack of experience in a final, leading to a lack of game management when the stakes and pressure was at its highest.

De Kock lacked wits when he tried the slog sweep again despite a fielder being put on the boundary when they were in a great position. There was no need to rush there.

Klaasen didn’t need to swing hard at a wide ball, given the overs left and the runs needed. Again, no need to rush.

Miller taking the single at the end of the 18th (?) over was terrible game management. If he doesn’t do that, great chance Hardik isn’t defending anywhere near as much as 16 in the last over.

Ultimately it was a lack of composure, which happens when under pressure. But look, they may have been a SKY wonder-catch away from winning that

For T20s:
Gill
Jaiswal
Samson
Sky
Hardik
Rinku
Axar
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Arshdeep

Rotate Shami/Arshdeep for an extra batsman when needed.

Forgot Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag, Tilak Varma, Mayank Yadav, Harshit Rana etc.

Last edited:
All one hit wonders. They have to prove themselves a lot before the next WC in 2 years time.

Tilak has been promising for a couple of years and Parag has steadily improved over multiple years now, lazy take. The biggest obstacle for Mayank is fitness, his talent is undeniable.

It can go either way for them to be honest. It could knock them back or it could lead them to flourish, depends on the mental character in the group. But there’s lots of good teams, it’s hard to win - as India know - even if you have a great team.

Today though, I wouldn’t say it’s because they lacked all rounders. For me it was a lack of experience in a final, leading to a lack of game management when the stakes and pressure was at its highest.

De Kock lacked wits when he tried the slog sweep again despite a fielder being put on the boundary when they were in a great position. There was no need to rush there.

Klaasen didn’t need to swing hard at a wide ball, given the overs left and the runs needed. Again, no need to rush.

Miller taking the single at the end of the 18th (?) over was terrible game management. If he doesn’t do that, great chance Hardik isn’t defending anywhere near as much as 16 in the last over.

Ultimately it was a lack of composure, which happens when under pressure. But look, they may have been a SKY wonder-catch away from winning that

Well not having even a single decent all rounder was a big reason, in modern t20 it is very difficult to chase anything if your number 7 is so poor. Jansen & Maharaj looked like they couldn’t touch the ball even if they tried their best

Wow that is something else. They probably would have lost had he dropped that.

An Indian win at a major tournament has been coming for a while, they are too consistent and there is a constant stream of talent coming through as well to keep them up there.

Last edited:
Catching up on this thread for the first time since yesterday morning, Indian fans really need to appreciate the quality of their bowling attack more!

Missed the whole thing yesterday as I was on a pub crawl, followed it online and like 90% of Cricket fans when SA needed 35 off 30 odd said 'they'll feck this'. Poor bastards.

Looking forward to watching the highlights

Well not having even a single decent all rounder was a big reason, in modern t20 it is very difficult to chase anything if your number 7 is so poor. Jansen & Maharaj looked like they couldn’t touch the ball even if they tried their best
Sure, a weakness in their team. But not ultimately why they lost.

Tilak has been promising for a couple of years and Parag has steadily improved over multiple years now, lazy take. The biggest obstacle for Mayank is fitness, his talent is undeniable.
Tilak was impressive last year but not this year. Parag didn’t do anything in the past 3-4 seasons till this season of IPL. Mayank yes he was good for a couple of games before he got injured as well. So yes my point still stands - they all done well in the IPL for one season. I never said they can’t make the squad. I said they need to prove themselves more.

Another issue for Tilak/Parag they both play 4 or 5 down. Right now we ve got Sky and Hardik there and I’m sorry they will not get replaced for T20s unless they are injured.

Tilak was impressive last year but not this year. Parag didn’t do anything in the past 3-4 seasons till this season of IPL. Mayank yes he was good for a couple of games before he got injured as well. So yes my point still stands - they all done well in the IPL for one season. I never said they can’t make the squad. I said they need to prove themselves more.

Another issue for Tilak/Parag they both play 4 or 5 down. Right now we ve got Sky and Hardik there and I’m sorry they will not get replaced for T20s unless they are injured.
I think you sound unnecessarily confident about your set of unproven players versus his set of unproven players. It’s not he is saying Tilak will be the next Kohli.

He named a very bright set of prospects. All great players at one point started with a single season. I expect 1-2 players from his list to be in the 11 at some point, if not more.

I think you sound unnecessarily confident about your set of unproven players versus his set of unproven players. It’s not he is saying Tilak will be the next Kohli.

He named a very bright set of prospects. All great players at one point started with a single season. I expect 1-2 players from his list to be in the 11 at some point, if not more.
Again I never said they aren’t capable of playing in the team. I just said they need to be tested more. If you’re choosing a XI if the WC was tmrw who are you picking?

Also my set of unproven players? Other than maybe stinky who exactly hasn’t proven himself in my XI?

Last edited:

Should that have been a six, as his foot was over the line where the boundary was at the start of play?

Should that have been a six, as his foot was over the line where the boundary was at the start of play?

Should it? Yes.

However, this happens in every single game. The boundary ropes move as fielders are not required to move it back to original position after they move it with a slide etc.

Kinda irrelevant now.