ICC T20 World Cup 2024

It looks like Virat and Axar intend to dig in and get to tea

It really does and I am surprised they sent Axar out. It's like raising a white flag

That tactic makes sense on a minefield

Like I said India's selection has a recurring problem of trying to fit in players like Dube who they believe will play multiple roles for the team. But in the end they don't really have the balls to back them to deliver. It happened before with Vijay Shankar and Shardul also. If Dube was in the team to attack the spinners then situation was tailor made for him with at least 6 overs of left arm spin pending when Sky got out.

Last edited:
I think this is not a pitch where Jadeja and Axar are going to be effective.. not much spin

Just tuned in. Wanted to wake up in time for this game, but seems like I've woken up in the past.

I just simply knew that Rohit had used up his nine lives, and that SKY would not turn up when it matters.
Still a chance to get a decent total, and SA will be under pressure no matter what. They are not AUS.

Considering the start, I think Kohli has played a great innings here. Of course, that Axar innings helped him a lot.

I think that's one of the worst T20 knocks I've seen - disagree with everyone above me

We may have a total to defend but we should've done better

Dube has eventually played a good hand. Though I'd still say the order was completely wrong.

Not sure what the par is for the pitch, but apparently this the highest score in a T20 final so India should be happy specially considering they lost Rohit, Pant and SKY for next to nothing.

Good score considering the start. Will be a tricky chase. The way they’ve bowled, I’d give India the slight advantage.

I think that's one of the worst T20 knocks I've seen - disagree with everyone above me

We may have a total to defend but we should've done better
Worst is hyperbolic since he finished very strong to make it respectable but in general modern day T20 has proved that wasting balls in the middle portion to catch up at the end does not yield consistent results. Kohli from 10-17 overs scored something like 14 off 19 balls IIRC. That's criminal and match losing stuff despite the big hits later.

India will find a way to choke again in the final hurdle. We have been chocking for the past 11 years. Don’t see it changing here. Needed 200+ on this pitch.