ICC T20 World Cup 2024

SKY gone, didn't pick up the slower ball. Saw it pitched full, and went for a reckless heave. He needed to value his wicket far more there, and stay till the end.

feel like we missed a trick here. Dube usually comes out and the fielding captains dont bowl spin. That would have been handy on this pitch - even if he didnt do shit

Weird we brought him here for that and hes been demoted

feel like we missed a trick here. Dube usually comes out and the fielding captains dont bowl spin. That would have been handy on this pitch - even if he didnt do shit

Weird we brought him here for that and hes been demoted
This is a pattern with us. Select average player in squad since they fit some specific role but then lose the never to back them.

How many power hitters have we tried to incorporate into our lineups over the years who fail to turn up when it counts because they lack game sense and proper cricketing ability? When will we learn?

Dube should never be in the team again. And to be frank, neither should SKY. Or the likes of Ishan Kishan. You need a very different sort of skill set and mentality to succeed at knockout games representing India.
We needed Jaiswal to open, Kohli in his usual slot, and Pant in the rearguard.

How many power hitters have we tried to incorporate into our lineups over the years who fail to turn up when it counts because they lack game sense and proper cricketing ability? When will we learn?

Dube should never be in the team again. And to be frank, neither should SKY. Or the likes of Ishan Kishan. You need a very different sort of skill set and mentality to succeed at knockout games representing India.
We needed Jaiswal to open, Kohli in his usual slot, and Pant in the rearguard.
I've always wondered how Samson can never get a start. You'd think he'd at least get a fair crack one day.

Axar and Jadeja have done very well, and this is a very competitive score

Yes I think it's in the balance. England have the batting to chase this, while our bowling is really strong too

We are fractionally above par I think

Just need one to roll along the ground to Buttler and we'll be in control

Consensus from the group chats im in seems to be 150 would have been a tough chase so we are up against it here.

If Butler gets in we could have a classic though. Can we stop Kuldeep not taking 3/4?

Axar and Jadeja are usually great on dodgy pitches, will be interesting to see this

couple of early wickets, or wickets in the middle overs, or at the end, will mean we get nowhere near this.

If the pitch gets better to bat on, given England's batting prowess (and despite India's bowling), I'd say the score is about 20 under par.

But if the ball stays low with uneven bounce, then it's about 20 above par, and England may struggle to finish the chase even if they get a good start.

couple of early wickets, or wickets in the middle overs, or at the end, will mean we get nowhere near this.
Understandable from us TBH. A bit selfish and unfair to all other countries for us to win both the World Cup and Euro's at the same time.