ICC T20 World Cup 2024

There is rain forecast till 1 pm local time and seemingly not after that. So we should see a result here, possibly with a full game even if it stops in between.

For this particular situation I don't agree, I think England should have batted first. This will get harder to bat on next.

Would agree if it were to continue raining through the day, since the pitch will continue to get worse.

But it's predicted to be sunny in the second half, and once the pitch dries out a little, the bounce gets more predictable and the ball comes onto the bat much better.

There is rain forecast till 1 pm local time and seemingly not after that. So we should see a result here, possibly with a full game even if it stops in between.
They won't play into the night though, right? For me that's the biggest annoyance with the knockout day games.

The threshold to get a result is minimum 10 overs here right (higher than the usual 5)?

Why are there so few people at the match? Attendances have been poor all tournament it seems.

I'd say attendances have largely been very good. It's all relative, this is being played on the South American mainland at 48 hours notice, no chance for any England fans to get there for example.

It's also 11am on a work day.

If the match gets rained off I hope the Indian players don't go overboard with their celebrations if they win a tainted world cup. Quick nod, pose with the trophy (not to be held aloft) without smiling and walk off kinda job would be appropriate.

If the match gets rained off I hope the Indian players don't go overboard with their celebrations if they win a tainted world cup. Quick nod, pose with the trophy (not to be held aloft) without smiling and walk off kinda job would be appropriate.
It's only the semi they have to play SA yet.

I agree. I think India should watch the video of how england celebrated the 2019 wc and copy that. Nothing less Nothing more.

I'd say attendances have largely been very good. It's all relative, this is being played on the South American mainland at 48 hours notice, no chance for any England fans to get there for example.

It's also 11am on a work day.

I thought Guyana was chosen to be a semi final final pre tournament.

I hope the pitch doesnt become good for batting etc. It looked pretty tough till now

This is dragging on considering how long it feels like it’s been sunny for.

I think the preseeding part should be done away with. Also, the whole nonsense of always pairing India and Pakistan together is also stupid. I get the commercial part but I feel any Indian audience or Pakistan audience will watch their team play anyways.

Who do you reckon Sunak is supporting in this game?

Out for food for the next hour so good analysis welcomed.
Looks like a tough pitch to get in on, but these two are flying now they are. I’m not sure we’ll know what a par score is until England start batting.

This is the best Surya has batted for us in a match that mattered. He can't replicate IPL performances for India because the standard is different, but this is solid.

This is the best Surya has batted for us in a match that mattered. He can't replicate IPL performances for India because the standard is different, but this is solid.
He has replicated IPL level performances for India against attacks with similar quality.

That ball stayed too low for Rohit to do anything about it. Unplayable on the pitch in its current state. Big blow for India.

Hope the new batters adapt to the random lack of pace and bounce on the pitch - it's not easy to go out all guns blazing. If the pitch stays this way, England will struggle, too.

Looking easier to bat now, India won't feel safe with even 180, I think.
I don't think it has been that easy to bat. The pitch is definitely getting slower. England will attack very hard in PP I would imagine since they would not want to chase 10+ in last 10 with old ball.

I don't think it has been that easy to bat. The pitch is definitely getting slower. England will attack very hard in PP I would imagine since they would not want to chase 10+ in last 10 with old ball.
That last ball to Hardik is bad news for England.