Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

Maybe just maybe Rashford will get off social media and stop getting all defensive from the fans criticising his performance. I don't give two s**** about his PR team pumping videos of the gym work or football drills he does off season. What matters is on the pitch and the effort he puts in. I personally don't think he'll earn that place back but i don't mind being proved wrong in his case.

Also, this talk of his "PR getting into action" is funny. There are 320 posts in this thread and 300+ are chastising him and the article. Who is the "PR" working on?

That's the aggravating part, it does not work, and yet, they are persevering with it.

Really really like Winter, one of the best journalists in the country. However, he's clearly quite buddy buddy with Rashford, or his camp at least. I'd like to believe all this and hope for a positive season, but I'll believe it when I see it.
He is - I found him nauseating when he appeared on the United Stand. I enjoy seeing Goldbridge put in his place as much as anyone, but Winter's holier-than-thou attitude towards the treatment of Rashford was all a bit much.

I think you are missing my point, the disrespect is not the going out on the beer when he should of been playing, its the effort he made to cover it up, he lied to the management, club and fans in the first instance, only telling the truth when confronted with pictures of him being blind drunk. As I said, I hope he knuckles down . I also agree its fantastic seeing academy players come through into the first team, but they have to abide by the same standards as the rest, be that on the pitch or off it.

Oh please.

I have no issues with anyone from any part of the world.

My issue is with people on here who can't seemingly comprehend that some local fans have a relationship with the club than others. And maybe the thought of having a load of academy players is better than the club routinely wasting 2/300 million on the next flavour of the month.

On Rashford, the language that you have even used is a bit weird. "Disrespect" is a strange word. Yes, going out drinking was a bad look but hardly the first to make that mistake. Rooney and Keane to name two. I also remember Scholes refusing to play a League Cup match once...

I saw that Mark Goldbridge twat having a go at him for crying after the cup final. It's almost like someone's who entire relationship with the club is based on reactionary bullshit couldn't understand why a local lad would be a bit emotional after beating city in an FA Cup final.

He is - I found him nauseating when he appeared on the United Stand. I enjoy seeing Goldbridge put in his place as much as anyone, but Winter's holier-than-thou attitude towards the treatment of Rashford was all a bit much.
I saw that, and reminded me of an interview with him years ago. He was asked why the press dehumanise England managers, and he smirked saying its part of the job

Maybe he’s addicted to skulking and lurking in the Caf. And maybe he’s only good when we praise him in here and tell him he’s awesome as a human, an athlete and as a footballer.

Rashford only wants to stay at Utd as no-one else would give him his £325k or whatever per week. He could learn a lot from Garnacho who has now moved in front of him on all levels.

I blame the Utd board when he wasn't sold after his 30 goal season. He fluked the latter part of that season based on his xG , and any smart board member would have known to get rid of this over-hyped waste of space.

He's about to see his England mates (maybe)win a championship and he won't be there. That will either fire him up or he'll give up for good.

England doing well is really the best thing that can happen, him and Sancho watching from home, maybe they'll finally rethink their attitudes. (not holding my breath)

Last edited:
He's about to see his England mates (maybe)win a championship and he won't be there. That will either fire him up or he'll give up for good.

England doing well is really the best thing that can happen, him and Sancho watching from home, maybe they'll finally rethink their attitudes. (not holding my breath)

he’s prob looking at Kane aswell and kicking himself , he could do just as little as Kane , but faster

he’s prob looking at Kane aswell and kicking himself , he could do just as little as Kane , but faster
If Rashford was even half as productive as Kane last season, he would have been in England’s starting line up, let alone the 26-man squad. Only has himself to blame, really.

He's probably realised he needs the club more than the club needs him, and now he's seeing England in the final of the Euros without him. If this doesn't make him press I don't know what will.

He's probably realised he needs the club more than the club needs him, and now he's seeing England in the final of the Euros without him. If this doesn't make him press I don't know what will.
Most likely it will be the same old after 5 games or so. I hope I am wrong but patience is running out

Most likely it will be the same old after 5 games or so. I hope I am wrong but patience is running out
My patience has been run out. I am just watching to see what happens next. I don't even hope anymore.

United will never challenge for the title with Rashford as a key player ….SELL

United will never challenge for the title with Rashford as a key player ….SELL

We’re signing Zirkzee and rumoured to still be in the market for another versatile attacker.

Add those to Garnacho, Amad and Hojlund and Rashford isn’t a key player anymore. He’s going into this season off the back of some severe criticism and missing out on a Euros campaign where England have reached the final. He’ll know he isn’t an automatic first choice anymore and has everything to prove.

In my opinion it would be foolish to sell him now. He’ll have a decent season this year and we’d be in a far, far stronger position to sell him next summer.

The worrying thing is Rashford should not require things like this to make him work hard, working hard is the bare minimum at United.
Yep, it should be the very bare minumum for any professional footballer/athlete - no matter where you're at, because you're getting paid to do it. It's actually mind boggling, honestly. I can understand (& accept) players lacking talent and/or players being out of form etc. - it happens. But how some could have watched a few of our players strolling about - including Rashford, and still try and defend that is completely mental.

I get it. Some of the criticism is OTT & even abusive. But that doesn't really mean you need to swing completely the other way to defend this bloke to the hilt.

Anyway, we're not going to be able to sell him - simply because there isn't a club out there who would pay him what we're paying him so I hope it's the "in-form" Rashford we see this season, also putting in a shift. That'll go a long way towards us having a fairly decent season.

We’re signing Zirkzee and rumoured to still be in the market for another versatile attacker.

Add those to Garnacho, Amad and Hojlund and Rashford isn’t a key player anymore. He’s going into this season off the back of some severe criticism and missing out on a Euros campaign where England have reached the final. He’ll know he isn’t an automatic first choice anymore and has everything to prove.

In my opinion it would be foolish to sell him now. He’ll have a decent season this year and we’d be in a far, far stronger position to sell him next summer.
Utd can’t afford to have a player pulling the wages Rashford gets sitting on a bench.

Either he’s a regular starter or sell.

Utd can’t afford to have a player pulling the wages Rashford gets sitting on a bench.

Either he’s a regular starter or sell.

We’ve literally spent years paying Martial that money to not even sit on the bench. We paid Sancho almost as much to play for someone else.

Rashford will get plenty of starts and plenty of minutes this season, and with a reset attitude that comes with not being guaranteed his place, I’m sure he’ll finish with 15-20 goals.

That sort of output and the transfer fee that would come next summer compared to this, would make the wages spent well worth it.

Don’t get me wrong, if someone offers us £100m this summer I’d be all for taking it. I just don’t see that happening and I think selling him cheap when he’s on his biannual down cycle would be a stupid move.

The worrying thing is Rashford should not require things like this to make him work hard, working hard is the bare minimum at United.

I think the problem with him is he's already the main man at the club he wants to be at, on the biggest wage he's going to get so what's the motivation? At a minimum it's why we shouldn't reward stupid wages as a reward early in players careers.

It's been a common problem, they try for a bit then if things don't go our way and the title is gone they all strop. They only want the glory rather than gradual improvement.

I'm not sure you can fix that as it's just his character. When the teams in form and we're challenging I think he'll step up, he's not the main man to get us out of a slump. I wouldn't get rid but we should avoid relying on him as he'll let us down.

I think the problem with him is he's already the main man at the club he wants to be at, on the biggest wage he's going to get so what's the motivation? At a minimum it's why we shouldn't reward stupid wages as a reward early in players careers.

It's been a common problem, they try for a bit then if things don't go our way and the title is gone they all strop. They only want the glory rather than gradual improvement.

I'm not sure you can fix that as it's just his character. When the teams in form and we're challenging I think he'll step up, he's not the main man to get us out of a slump. I wouldn't get rid but we should avoid relying on him as he'll let us down.

I agree. For players like Rashford and Sancho, playing for United for top dollar without overly exerting themselves week in week out seems to be the destination, rather than winning titles. Sad really.

Last edited:
All of this talk and posts from the gym. it is nothign unless hes not willing to work hard on the pitch. He must be really gutted that he couldnt make it to England squad and if they win it it might be a big kick in the arse for him. Perhaps there is something left in him and he can get back. COnfidence and motivation is half of the success with Marcus.

We’ve literally spent years paying Martial that money to not even sit on the bench. We paid Sancho almost as much to play for someone else.

Rashford will get plenty of starts and plenty of minutes this season, and with a reset attitude that comes with not being guaranteed his place, I’m sure he’ll finish with 15-20 goals.

That sort of output and the transfer fee that would come next summer compared to this, would make the wages spent well worth it.

Don’t get me wrong, if someone offers us £100m this summer I’d be all for taking it. I just don’t see that happening and I think selling him cheap when he’s on his biannual down cycle would be a stupid move.
Regards Rashford, patience has run out. No way is anyone offering £100m ….Utd would do very well to get £50m.

Talk of a selling fee is just pointless because he‘ll refuse to go. Try imagine Rashford in a foreign country away from safe haven Old Trafford? ….it’s not going to happen. He‘ll want to see out his contract and leave on a free.

Maybe this is why he fails. The man trains in his off season and resting during the season. You gotta time these things well rashy.

Are we really going to get another season of this PR merchant?

Obviously there's zero intension to sell him, face of United highest earning player etc. I do personally think he'll perform better than last season. Will be a real struggle to offload him if he doesn't, so I really hope he does, we certainly don't need Antony, Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood all hanging round waiting for their contracts to expire.

For all of his getting "supremely fit" BS, he nowhere near looked ready/sharp today. Mount looked way sharper and got more involved.

Didn't you see how fit he was

I have a sneaking feeling that he ran one sprint for the PR team's picture then went home, cause hdid not look like he has been preparing for a new season early :lol:

Depressing that he is the top earner and holds us back. Wish we sold him and got in someone who is a complete attacker rather than a pure speed merchant.

It is premature but he wont have a top season.

He wont. Feel like it is as obvious as not giving Phil Jones that 4 year contract.