Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

To judge him so early in preseason is incredibly harsh. I hope Rashford cuts the retainer with his incompetent PR firm other than for crisis management, and stay away from socials. There's just too much negativity out here.

I have a sneaking feeling that he ran one sprint for the PR team's picture then went home, cause hdid not look like he has been preparing for a new season early :lol:

Depressing that he is the top earner and holds us back. Wish we sold him and got in someone who is a complete attacker rather than a pure speed merchant.

He wont. Feel like it is as obvious as not giving Phil Jones that 4 year contract.
:lol:

Not sure on the merits of such PR, surely it's obvious that it'll bring higher expectations as a result?

Or is he going for the angle of 'I'm extra fit but look at how EtH still can't get a tune from me'?

Groundhog day with Rashford. Working extra hard, training on his holiday, more motivated than ever, looking forward to a great season. We might get a short purple patch but then before long its back to his usual sulking. We've got to move on from this type of player.

Maybe I'm just grumpy, but I'd expect any player paid half a trillion quid per week to always be in peak condition

Dion and Wumminator are both part of Rashford's PR team. Or at least they'really desperate to be.

They're obviously bigger fans of Rashford than the club itself.

Nowhere to hide for rashford this season, another season like last and he will have a really difficult time with the fanbase.

Nowhere to hide for rashford this season, another season like last and he will have a really difficult time with the fanbase.
For me it's not even about performances, it's about effort. His mentality is the issue for him. If he was being scouted I imagine that they'd say he's brilliant ability-wise, but doesn't have what it takes mentally. When we scouted Garnacho I remember a journalist said we liked him because he kept going. Rashford is the exact opposite.

Henry Winter just promoting his new venture after being bombed by The Times.

He talks a lot of ambiguous b*******s.

You feel that 24/25 is certainly going to be a 'make or break' season for Rashford at United.

IMO improvements required:

First his mental strength needs to return, whatever his worries are they have to be jettisoned.
Second he needs re-think his 'play-making', his links with others around him, not just them feeding him. but him thinking about how he helps them.
Thirdly his personal repertoire of skills/moves has to change, he's become so easy to defend against especially when he's out wide on the left.

also for goodness sake Marcus you need to smile more, stop looking as though every minute on the pitch is torture.

Good luck 'Rashy'.

The hot and cold of Rashford has truly grated on me to the point i've lost all faith in him as a player here at united.

He will undoubtedly have a good spell this season and look unplayable for 10-15 games. Then it'll all go to pot again and he will look like he's never kicked a ball in his life with the trademark sulk and lack of application.

Repeat next season. And the one after.

He's had chance after chance to prove his worth as a CONSISTENT performer, but he always comes up short. The negatives of his performances outweigh the positives for me - so for me he can put all the work in he likes in preseason - just a matter of time before he crumbles again. If we didnt have so much work to do around the squad i'd prioritise selling him - but we have far more pressing issue's around the squad

Going by his on-again, off-again seasonal form we should be in for a decent showing this time out.

He’ll go from being the club’s poster boy, to the epitome image of the Woodward/Glazer years, and his wonderful PR team won’t even see it coming.

To think of the potential he showed when he burst into the team, to how uninterested he looks today.
If he has stuff going on and is jaded or lacklustre he should move on for his own well being as well as the team's.

Reading about him kills off any positivity that the club is trying to build. At this point I just wish for him to either shut up and play well or be sold.

He clearly loves the club, he clearly has been dealing with physical and emotional issues and he deserves another chance to get back to previous form.

His PR stuff is OTT and it needs to stop, is something we can all agree with.

It is time to evidence it with performances and not with words.

My main concern with his form is that he did play through injuries and it's cost him, I don't think he's as fast as he once was and without that he doesn't have the technical ability or reading of the game to counter the loss of physical talent.

Side note - Henry Winter is definitely getting fed United information in general. He's been very pro-United recently, I don't think that's always been the case.
Why does the PR stuff need to stop? You can clearly just ignore it.

Who cares? Why would it bother people? The only thing that should count is his performances and the factors surrounding same as long as they're reasonable.

Why does the PR stuff need to stop? You can clearly just ignore it.

Who cares? Why would it bother people? The only thing that should count is his performances and the factors surrounding same as long as they're reasonable.
Because he needs to be concentrating on the football not his image, that's why.