Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

Why does the PR stuff need to stop? You can clearly just ignore it.

Who cares? Why would it bother people? The only thing that should count is his performances and the factors surrounding same as long as they're reasonable.
Because it’s trying to mask over behavior and attitude and lie to fans about things, rather than have some introspection and look for real change.

It’s insulting and easy to see why it riles people up. Stop talking nonsense about an injury against Forest in February, stop driving over the speed limit, stop going out and breaking rules mid-season and show some application on the pitch.

No one wants the excuses, and he has given them too many times. Everyone makes mistakes and has issues and problems, but we all need to tackle them head on. Explaining them away isn’t the answer.

His antics are infuriating. After last season’s shit show on and off the pitch, he should know he needs to put his head down and focus in order to regain any semblance of form. Instead, he’s speeding on the highway endangering other people creating negative headlines before the season has even started. Completely moronic

The hot and cold of Rashford has truly grated on me to the point i've lost all faith in him as a player here at united.

He will undoubtedly have a good spell this season and look unplayable for 10-15 games. Then it'll all go to pot again and he will look like he's never kicked a ball in his life with the trademark sulk and lack of application.
Well that would be an improvement on 2 of the last 3 seasons as he was consistently horrible for those.

This is not a new offense. He was caught speeding in Dec 2023 and the punishment has been announced now.

Jesus. To my mind, this isn't complicated. At peak level, it's not any kind of stretch to call him world class. He is. And this last season, he was not that, but downright poor - in my opinion, a below average PL wide forward. To insist he is only one of these things - whether it's one or the other - is absurd.

Jesus. To my mind, this isn't complicated. At peak level, it's not any kind of stretch to call him world class. He is. And this last season, he was not that, but downright poor - in my opinion, a below average PL wide forward. To insist he is only one of these things - whether it's one or the other - is absurd.
What’s complicated is the fact that he’s one of the best paid players in the EPL and performs as badly as he’s done for two out of the last three seasons, and has a poor work ethic to boot.

As for his “peak level” he had that one season of being very good (not top class) sandwiched between being rubbish which is the most recent iteration.

This is not a new offense. He was caught speeding in Dec 2023 and the punishment has been announced now.
Ahh this came before the whole “new year new me” Rashford?

Stand down everyone.

Idiot on and off the pitch

Based on speeding? Show me a driver who hasn't broken the speed limit and I'll show you a liar. He's staying because we gave him a silly contract, so let's hope he can find a connection with some of his new teammates like he used to have with Martial. That's it, we don't need abuse, and we only need praise if he shows something on the pitch. We need to apply balance.

Stand down everyone.
:lol::lol:

Let me throw one more punch before we stand down, Rashy didn't look fit in that preseason game at all, so much for "focusing on getting fit" crap

Instead of the ones who have been abusive. Good to know.
:lol: Such a mental thing to say, isn't it? It's really weird just how hated Rashford is. I get disliking him, but when people call him "my least liked United player ever" I really cannot understand it.

:lol: Such a mental thing to say, isn't it? It's really weird just how hated Rashford is. I get disliking him, but when people call him "my least liked United player ever" I really cannot understand it.

It's bonkers. I genuinely can't understand it. He's massively underwhelmed at times, but the venom he gets is beyond questionable.

Considering he cycles between being world class and woeful every consequent season, we should just plan accordingly. By current trajectory he's due to have a worldie this coming season, and the season after that loan him out. Rinse and repeat, simples.

Or we could just accept he'll never be a consistent performer for this team and should try and salvage a good fee for him while we still can. Tired of the PR onslaught at the beginning of every season regards to how much he loves the club, and the usual montages of him doing sprints on his own.

What’s complicated is the fact that he’s one of the best paid players in the EPL and performs as badly as he’s done for two out of the last three seasons, and has a poor work ethic to boot.

As for his “peak level” he had that one season of being very good (not top class) sandwiched between being rubbish which is the most recent iteration.

Yes, but his peak level is still his peak level. It wasn't an accident. And he's had more than one good season. It's as much a part of the reality as his poor performance last season.

You can legitimately and reasonably have different views on whether we must expect him to carry on like last season or not, it's just let's not be quite so selective and reductive.

Yes, but his peak level is still his peak level. It wasn't an accident. And he's had more than one good season. It's as much a part of the reality as his poor performance last season.

You can legitimately and reasonably have different views on whether we must expect him to carry on like last season or not, it's just let's not be quite so selective and reductive.
Okay then let’s get Martial back.

This is one of the most draining things about this place, and maybe the wider way football is dissected online now. It purely works in extremes, you're either incredible, or utter shite. You can go between the two very quickly, it can change over night, but it's purely over the top one way or another. Reactionary is putting it lightly.

Stand down everyone.
:lol:

All I meant was this did not happen this summer and he was not speeding to get "early for training" to be "supremely fit" because he "loved his club"

So at one point we had front line of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

Lazy/moody on the left, lazy/moody/made of glass in the center and wife abusing brainfart on the right. Recipe for success.

This is one of the most draining things about this place, and maybe the wider way football is dissected online now. It purely works in extremes, you're either incredible, or utter shite. You can go between the two very quickly, it can change over night, but it's purely over the top one way or another. Reactionary is putting it lightly.

Amen to that mate.

Well he now knows if Brand Rashford wants to survive and more importantly feature in the US World Cup 2026 he needs two good seasons back to back with 20-25 goals in each season, if not there is a queue of young left inverted wingers to play for their country and United.

These things don't really happen in vacuum.
Expectation (based on talent), hype (based on PR) and salary kind of has an impact how someone ends up at the receiving end of extreme opinions. If people considered Rashy as an average player on mid salary, then no one expects him to be excellent and so nothing to comment on.
Pogba vs McT was another one. Pogba couldn't afford to have bad games because he was a star player. McT could have decent games and he would get some praise. He has a bad game and except a few fans, nobody really bothers.

I've really defended him and think some of the stick on here is ridiculous, but if totalling his car can't even teach him not to drive like a complete f*cking idiot, what point is there expecting him to ever learn or take in anything?

I've really defended him and think some of the stick on here is ridiculous, but if totalling his car can't even teach him not to drive like a complete f*cking idiot, what point is there expecting him to ever learn or take in anything?

I fell for the clickbait too.

That wasn't his fault but doesn't excuse the 100mph speeding

Numpty. I do wish we could move on from this guy but clearly that isn't possible.

People have way too much tolerance for him. Sell him and get a proper footballer in. Enough of these primadonna's. Sancho can feck off too unless he is amazing this season. Just release Antony for free.

Based on speeding? Show me a driver who hasn't broken the speed limit and I'll show you a liar. He's staying because we gave him a silly contract, so let's hope he can find a connection with some of his new teammates like he used to have with Martial. That's it, we don't need abuse, and we only need praise if he shows something on the pitch. We need to apply balance.
There's going over a bit and there's doing 100mph.