Film Greatest trilogy ever?

Forgot about Kieslowski's Three Color trilogy. I also agree with whoever mentioned the Millenium trilogy. Much better than expected that one.

LOTR
Nolan's Batman
Planet of the apes
Bourne trilogy
Matrix ? I know the last one is considered shite by most but I still enjoy it personally.
Blade isn't too bad last one was weaker but the first 2 are great.
Mission impossible ever since ghost protocol has been excellent.

LOTR
Nolan's Batman
Planet of the apes
Bourne trilogy
Matrix ? I know the last one is considered shite by most but I still enjoy it personally.
Blade isn't too bad last one was weaker but the first 2 are great.
Mission impossible ever since ghost protocol has been excellent.
The Matrix series has 1 good movie, even the second was pretty awful in my opinion. Not as terrible as the third one, but still crap.

The Matrix series has 1 good movie, even the second was pretty awful in my opinion. Not as terrible as the third one, but still crap.
Ya I’m probably one of the only people who really liked the second one.

Dune has potential to become one of the best trilogies.

Ya I’m probably one of the only people who really liked the second one.

Dune has potential to become one of the best trilogies.
I used to like Reloaded really much, more than the first. Not so much the last time I saw it, found it pretty bad except the big setpiece on the highway.

Dune has every possibility to be one of the best. The second one was brilliant.

How is the "Cornetto trilogy" a trilogy?

It's films with totally different characters and completely different stories.

Does having the same actors/writer/director make something a trilogy?

Is Stepbrothers / Talladega Nights and The Other Guys a trilogy because they have the same actor/writer/director?
The Cornetto is the recurring character keeping it all together.

How is the "Cornetto trilogy" a trilogy?

It's films with totally different characters and completely different stories.

Does having the same actors/writer/director make something a trilogy?

Is Stepbrothers / Talladega Nights and The Other Guys a trilogy because they have the same actor/writer/director?
I don't think a trilogy technically has to be connected by plot and characters. It can also be theme or style. I'd say so long as they together form some sort of whole, and are separated from other works it can be called a trilogy.

For instance, there is a Danish trilogy of movies, where the director wanted to describe the lower class, middle class and upper class with each entry respectively. They don't share characters and the plots are not connected, but they jointly set out to describe a whole.

I actually had a convo about this with some buddies of mine not too long ago. We went so far as to make excel spreadsheets and assigning scores :lol:

(Godfather trilogy scored 245… 100/100/45)

71582258950-042-DA4-CB-0-F57-4427-9-CBD-066408-EA9-D91.jpg

I actually had a convo about this with some buddies of mine not too long ago. We went so far as to make excel spreadsheets and assigning scores :lol:

But The Empire Strikes Back is the best in the original Star Wars trilogy!

Return of the Jedi perfect? Empire Strikes Back the worst of the trilogy?!?

I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan, but the state of this...

Dark Knight Trilogy.
Lord of the Rings
Back to the Future

Has to be this for me.

My favourite is the Cornetto trilogy but I don't think they count as an actual trilogy, they're just three films with mostly the same cast.
No, it's been established that due to @Pogue Mahone's failings as a thread starter, poster and in general human being, the Cornetto trilogy makes the cut.

The reputation of Nolan's Batman trilogy is carried hard by The Dark Knight. Batman Begins works fine as an origin story type movie, but the plot is a little nonsensical, and The Dark Knight Rises is way too long.

Bar Toy Story and The Godfathers I'd put Back To The Future, The Bourne films and if you count Clint Eastwood's the man with no name spaghetti westerns, Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More and The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Captain America: the first Avenger

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America: Civil War
Another good call - I'm not a huge Marvel fan but those 3 stand out for me. I'd also put a vote in for the Deadpool trilogy - I really enjoyed the latest one.