Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick diagram:

1. Do you have a prefered candidate? (A- Yes, B- No)

2 (if answered A in 1). Can he win (1st or 2nd favourite, or less than 10%-15% from the favourite)? (A- Yes, B- No)

3 (if answered B in either 1 or 2). Do you have a preference between the group of candidates that can win? (A- Yes, B- No)

AA or ABB - Vote for your prefered candidate.
ABA or B-A - Vote for the competitive candidate of your preference.
BB - You can choose between sitting this one out, or vote for the candidate that supports a proportional representation system that doesn't make you go through all this nonsense. Unless it's Reform, of course;)

Just saw Labour are projected to take the parochial market town in the Midlands my parents live in which has been Tory land since 1945. That's certainly something.
We should make a drinking game. Take a shot every time theres a labour swing.

Down your drink if it's a sitting ministers constituency.

As we are getting closer now, is there a timeline for when people should tune in to watch? Would people say the best time to start watching is around the exit poll announcement and then enjoy it from that moment on? Considering the time difference, i'm looking at a potential 3am start, so if anyone could give a "optimum" moment to start watching, that would be greatly appreciated. :angel:

All times in BST, but highlights each seat...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tJYYDYW4uiqA/edit?gid=847143152#gid=847143152

giphy.webp

You think the Labour votes would go to the Tory candidate if Labour pulls out?
I think a lot of them would but not enough to overturn 15% majority. Lib Dems would pick up most of them, a lot would stay at home and maybe close the gap by 2-3% at most. It might even get wider.

The party will also have much more detailed polling than we have access to. The party choosing to spend their resources where they think it can make the most difference is entirely their prerogative.

Across social media I’ve been seeing so much support for Reform but it’s all the same and I can’t help but think it’s 99% artificial. I tentatively predict that they actually perform awfully tomorrow.

It's Brexit all over again. AstroTurfed support online and media fanning the flames by exaggerating problems and focusing entirely on the 'symptoms' rather than the cause, while giving unbalanced exposure to demagogues

I mean it's not that stupid an assumption. Labour/Tory is by far the most common flip-flop among voters.

I've been surprised at how many voters claim to be going from tory to green, while saying labour are too woke/extreme/lefty for them.

I mean it's not that stupid an assumption. Labour/Tory is by far the most common flip-flop among voters.

In normal times maybe , but after 14 years of Tory rule I would seriously doubt that. I would guess that many Labour voters if they do want to make a protest, would not vote at all, or some might even swap to Reform

You think the Labour votes would go to the Tory candidate if Labour pulls out?

It's a lot closer than the poll suggest, a lot of MRP models have it neck and neck, and Labour pulling out in a seat they know they cannot win sends a message on the importance of keeping Nigel out of parliament.

It's a lot closer than the poll suggest, a lot of MRP models have it neck and neck, and Labour pulling out in a seat they know they cannot win sends a message on the importance of keeping Nigel out of parliament.
Think this current Labour party can stomach Farage in parliament if it meant the Tories are one seat closer to total annihilation.

In normal times maybe , but after 14 years of Tory rule I would seriously doubt that. I would guess that many Labour voters if they do want to make a protest, would not vote at all, or some might even swap to Reform
I think the point is that the voters the Tories lost to Labour already had a choice to go to Reform and didn’t. So logically the choice for them would either be the Lib Dems or back to reluctantly voting Tory.

I’m resigned to Farage winning that seat but I’m hoping he gets more blame when he does feck all after getting elected. Him losing would be great but the Cnut will win.

I wonder if he'll regret it.

Of course, it'll give him a larger platform to spout his vile rhetoric, but financially he will need to be much more transparant about donations, won't have as much time to jet across the ocean to ride Trump's dick and shill for the MAGAs, etc. Back from his MEP milking days he's always striked me as being in it for financial gain and notoriety, not for gaining any actual responsibility.

Oh for feck sake I just realised who I replied to. This is going to be painful as ever.

Of course, it'll give him a larger platform to spout his vile rhetoric, but financially he will need to be much more transparant about donations, won't have as much time to jet across the ocean to ride Trump's dick and shill for the MAGAs, etc. Back from his MEP milking days he's always striked me as being in it for financial gain and notoriety, not for gaining any actual responsibility.

Yeah I thought the same about transparency, wouldn't be surprised if he gets into trouble for some of it. Much more easier to hide as an MEP rather than an MP.

Can someone explain to me in what aspect Starmer is as bad as the Tories?
This isn't the point though. I would never put my X next to a Tory candidate. The problem is that for the first time in my life I'm having to hold my nose to put my X next to a Labour candidate.

The idea of well their not as bad as the Tories was never a conversation I expected to be part of. As Mhairi Black said last night on Channel 4 we are being forced to chose the least worst option. That's a sad indictment on the Labour Party that people can sit there and say that with out the Labour politician sitting next to her being able to refute her point.

it’s the main issue with politics in this country. no one wins an election, the governing party just loses it when everyone is fed up after a couple of terms. things improve temporarily and then the cycle repeats. there is so much apathy and so many taking advantage of that, that i don’t think voting for anyone at this stage changes enough. we’re at the stage that only guillotines would bring about any real change in the ruling class.

This isn't the point though. I would never put my X next to a Tory candidate. The problem is that for the first time in my life I'm having to hold my nose to put my X next to a Labour candidate.

The idea of well their not as bad as the Tories was never a conversation I expected to be part of. As Mhairi Black said last night on Channel 4 we are being forced to chose the least worst option. That's a sad indictment on the Labour Party that people can sit there and say that with out the Labour politician sitting next to her being able to refute her point.

Did that in 2017, don't really regret it even though my doubts about Corbyn were born out.

Hung parliament with a Tory/reform coalition.

Nobody wants that timeline.
Ok let’s forget the enigma that is Corbyn, what I’d really like to see is a Labour Party that hasn’t got Gareth fecking Southgate leading it and rather than offering us “Conservatism without the with less corruption”, how would a Labour Party with a genuinely progressive mandate offering people hope and genuine change be faring?

The labour party you describe would need to either show were the money was going to be raised in taxes or be honest about the borrowing requirement at which point it wouldn't win.

Hung parliament with a Tory/reform coalition.

Nobody wants that timeline.

Corbyn got nearly 40% with the full weight of the media against him before the tories completely shat the bed. Let's see if Starmer even gets that much.

Think this current Labour party can stomach Farage in parliament if it meant the Tories are one seat closer to total annihilation.

Any seat Reform takes is one closer to Torys losing out on being second largest party. But fecking Farage over would be sweeter. 8 times loser!

He will play the victim when he is kicked out of parliament for lying.

Corbyn got nearly 40% with the full weight of the media against him before the tories completely shat the bed. Let's see if Starmer even gets that much.
Then he lead the party for another 2 years and got 32% and lost to Boris Johnson.

Why go on about the election before last rather than the last one JC lead the party to?

I really would love to see an alternate timeline where Corbyn is still in his place now.

If it were corbyn, and not starmer, leading labour, boris johnson would still be PM and you would have never heard about downing street parties.

The ONLY reason the media went for him was because the alternative was like them, a soft tory.

Status
Not open for further replies.