Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Whatever the rights and wrongs with Labour's decision in that seat, once the decision was made then her standing was always going split the vote and open the door to this - for the sake of greater good she shouldn't have stood.

For the sake of the greater good they shouldn't have sought to replace her at the last. It works both ways.

Corbyn holding on to Islington is the best story of the night for me so far. Happy for him. More so that the Labour candidate came across as a right swarmy prick.

The best story of the night is the unveiling of the tomb the Tories built for themselves

For the sake of the greater good they shouldn't have sought to replace her at the last. It works both ways.
But once the party had made its decision then it was in her hands, and here we have the result, which is the worst for everyone sadly.

But once the party had made its decision then it was in her hands, and here we have the result, which is the worst for everyone sadly.

I agree, but we can't forget that the party decision was also, evidently, shite. (sorry for the language, I'm fairly drunk).

Greens candidate staying in has given Reform their third seat. Infuriating.

Green candidate standing down wouldn't have done enough. Can't assume Green voters automatically vote Labour if their choice is taken away.

This is the same argument the Tories are making about Reform taking away their votes.

Green candidate standing down wouldn't have done enough. Can't assume Green voters automatically vote Labour if their choice is taken away.

This is the same argument the Tories are making about Reform taking away their votes.

shouldn't have said just greens, Greens and Lib Dems standing down likely gives labour enough. It's a shame.

Great Yarmouth is, sadly, a good win for Reform.

Edit. Attention really needs to be given to the East Coast. This is a cry of misery.

maybe not all, but if the greens and lib dem withdrew, i think Labour easily gets enough from them.
If it takes two parties withdrawing entirely from an election to give Labour a chance, then perhaps that candidate's chances weren't particularly rosy to begin with. There's a fair bit to separate the greens, lib dems and this current iteration of the Labour party.

If it takes two parties withdrawing entirely from an election to give Labour a chance, then perhaps that candidate's chances weren't particularly rosy to begin with. There's a fair bit to separate the greens, lib dems and this current iteration of the Labour party.

withdrawing and telling your voters to vote labour to keep reform out would've had an impact. Keeping Reform out is the highest priority.

Jessica Sian Louise Brown Fuller wins the poshest name award.

If Labour failed to beat an overwhelmingly unpopular MP and lost votes to an independent then that's on them. Again, this one was a dead cert for them till they decided they wanted to do a last minute purge.

I'd say Labor's decision and her ego trip after that are both to blame.

She was already running when Labour parachuted a replacement in to replace her. I think in that position she’d feel hard done by and that the electorate still deserved a chance to vote her in, particularly as the polling had her winning comfortably. She had run in that constituency before as well. A symptom of FPTP rather than Faiza herself, she wouldn’t have a chance to be a Labour MP again so it was her only chance to represent her constituents.

She doesn't have any constituents she was never an MP or councillor. She was parachuted in there in 2019 after the previous candidate ran IDS extremely close in 2017 and still she didn't win. She should have stood down especially since she had just had a baby. She put that aside despite knowing she could never win. She didn't care about her constituents, only about herself.

Shadow minister loses seat as Greens win Bristol Central
Labour's shadow culture secretary Thangam Debbonaire has lost her seat to one of the Green Party's co-leaders.
Carla Denyer has taken the seat with a majority of over 10,000 votes.

She doesn't have any constituents she was never an MP or councillor. She was parachuted in there in 2019 after the previous candidate ran IDS extremely close in 2017 and still she didn't win. She should have stood down especially since she had just had a baby. She put that aside despite knowing she could never win. She didn't care about her constituents, only about herself.

What a heap of horseshit. Evidently she would have won if left to her own devices. Labour decided to ratfeck her. She decided to ratfeck Labour. Everybody lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.