• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to elaborate? First time I'm hearing that.

She lobbied heavily against ULEZ when Sadiq Khan first ruled it out. Maybe she wanted to court IDS voters, but very dumb move nonetheless.

Ian Duncan Smith is the result of her ego trip.
Her "ego trip" was the result of her being deselected for dubious reasons despite being selected as the candidate ages ago, being one of few Labour candidates who did well in 2019 and being popular with local constituents. It was a completely unnecessary decision by Labour and losing an eminently winnable seat is their reward.

Ian Duncan Smith is the result of her ego trip.
If Labour failed to beat an overwhelmingly unpopular MP and lost votes to an independent then that's on them. Again, this one was a dead cert for them till they decided they wanted to do a last minute purge.

Her "ego trip" was the result of her being deselected for dubious reasons despite being selected as the candidate ages ago, being one of few Labour candidates who did well in 2019 and being popular with local constituents. It was a completely unnecessary decision by Labour and losing an eminently winnable seat is their reward.

The only losers are the constituents and Shaheen. Tatler will get a good job.

The loopy green girl looks even more delighted for Corbyn than Corbyn.

Corbyn holding on to Islington is the best story of the night for me so far. Happy for him. More so that the Labour candidate came across as a right swarmy prick.

Corbyn holding on to Islington is the best story of the night for me so far. Happy for him. More so that the Labour candidate came across as a right swarmy prick.

It’s all I waited up for. I can call it a night now a very happy man.

I go to Woodford Green a lot and the people loved her, such a shame

Farage sounds a lot like Dobba and SweetSquare when talking about Labour :lol:

If Labour failed to beat an overwhelmingly unpopular MP and lost votes to an independent then that's on them. Again, this one was a dead cert for them till they decided they wanted to do a last minute purge.

She should have put her ego aside and got rid of IDS. She had zero chance of winning she didn't have the platform the incumbency or the popularity of Jeremy Corbyn.

Lib Dems getting a lot of gains in last half hour.

Dare to dream time?

Is that chap on the right asleep?

She should have put her ego aside and got rid of IDS. She had zero chance of winning she didn't have the platform the incumbency or the popularity of Jeremy Corbyn.
This.

Whatever the rights and wrongs with Labour's decision in that seat, once the decision was made then her standing was always going split the vote and open the door to this - for the sake of the greater good she shouldn't have stood.

Neither did the Labour candidate evidently. Who's to say Faiza's voters wouldn't have voted third party or another candidate in the absence of her standing? The votes went to her clearly because they felt outraged at the treatment she was subjected to. This is all on Labour. They need to do better next time.

Meh, it was obviously a dumb decision to try and gazump her.

Luke Akehurst won the North Durham seat he was gifted, the cnut.

This.

Whatever the rights and wrongs with Labour's decision in that seat, once the decision was made then her standing was always split the vote and open the door to this - she shouldn't have stood.

The smart play would have been to do a deal and campaign hard for the Labour candidate and play the long game. She isn't smart enough to strategise and be a good politician.

She was already running when Labour parachuted a replacement in to replace her. I think in that position she’d feel hard done by and that the electorate still deserved a chance to vote her in, particularly as the polling had her winning comfortably. She had run in that constituency before as well. A symptom of FPTP rather than Faiza herself, she wouldn’t have a chance to be a Labour MP again so it was her only chance to represent her constituents.

Status
Not open for further replies.