• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Labour is still perceived as an alternative to the Tories. In France where I live there was a rejection of both mainstream right wing and left wing parties in 2017 with Macron's election.

Seven years later the French have voted massively for the far right and the far left, but the mainstream parties are wiped off the map.

In England there has not been such a rejection of mainstream parties.

England is about 5 years behind France.
Tonight you will see a major rejection of the Tories, at the next election it will be Labour.

Randomer in the pub asked me who I voted for tonight. Said he voted Reform because “Farage is the geezer”

I had the same at work the othe day. I just didn't reply as he stared at me to agree with him that Farage is the way to go. Slagging immigrants off non-stop whilst talking to the grandson of an immigrant and its not that hard to tell.

"I can’t imagine Jesus going, 'I’ve told a few people here in Bethlehem I’m the son of god, can I just stay at home with mum and dad now'. No, you’ve got to move on. You’ve got to spread the word. You’ve got to go to Nazareth…please. And that’s very much like me." Nigel Farage.

Quick check on who you align with

No real surprise for me 89% Green, with conservatives being 13% and reform 9%

image-2024-07-04-224352149.png

Shame Galloway is such a wanker.

My last minute prediction. ...
I reckon exit polls will play it safe and predict a Labour majority of "over 150 seats".

In reality it will be 190 plus majority.
Exit polls generally give an exact seat distribution

Funny how Labour is still perceived as an alternative to the Tories. In France where I live there was a rejection of both mainstream right wing and left wing parties in 2017 with Macron's election.

Seven years later the French have voted massively for the far right and the far left, but the mainstream parties are wiped off the map.

In England there has not been such a rejection of mainstream parties.

There is no credible third party in the UK. Reform are demagogue populists who provide nothing, Green are a joke, and Lib Dems dunno much about them except that they get blamed for giving Tories needed numbers 10 years ago.

With Corbyn going quite left and stories quite right, there possibly was space for a strong centrist party, but then Labour quickly replaced Corbin and repositioned itself in the center removing that space.

I remember I did a seat prediction thing one year on here. That was fun.

Anyway, looks to be a big Labour majority, even though I don't think that will be amazing.

I'll say majority of 197 in exit poll.

There is no credible third party in the UK. Reform are demagogue populists who provide nothing, Green are a joke, and Lib Dems dunno much about them except that they get blamed for giving Tories needed numbers 10 years ago.

With Corbyn going quite left and stories quite right, there possibly was space for a strong centrist party, but then Labour quickly replaced Corbin and repositioned itself in the center removing that space.

There was no credible third party in France until Macron's ascent. Somehow I feel like the English are less keen on charismatic leaders.

The French 5th Republic is built around presidential powers, the UK around the two-party system.

I do not expect much to change with Labour's arrival in power, but this system appears to work for the English.

Nervous for this - I've been through enough fecking Tory surprises with the shy tory effect to not feel a little bit of anxiety.

I am thinking a 120-140 seat majority. The polls won't have reflected the "shy tories".

Started off on C4 but they have got Nadine on… probably stick to ITV.
It’s an interesting mix, I wouldn’t turn it off for that reason. It’s got a lot of former Tory MPs and they can often be quite candid and cutting when they’re no longer under the whip.

I had the same at work the othe day. I just didn't reply as he stared at me to agree with him that Farage is the way to go. Slagging immigrants off non-stop whilst talking to the grandson of an immigrant and its not that hard to tell.

A part of me really wanted to ask what he thought about his policies, I couldn’t be arsed getting into it though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.