General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She has such a nervous, unconfident manner when she speaks. It's a shock she's made it this far.

She's a joke. She's wasted a load of money and time away from planning for Brexit Negotiations by taking a course of action that has actively made her party weaker.

Yet she clings on, because that's what power hungry maniacs do.
But remember the Paxman interview, Corbyn being against Trident and the monarchy but abolishing both not being in his party's manifesto is bad. Because erm... reasons.

How did people vote for this overrated woman to negotiate for our economic future?

got to say, while i voted labour i don't agree with Corbyn saying Conservatives should stand aside for a minority labour Government. conservatives still got more votes, we can't ignore that.

Unfortunately their is no way the Labour party could run a government with this break down of seats.

I dont think he has to be fair. He's said she should resign and that Labour are ready to offer themselves.

They've used very particular wording to float the possibility without demanding it. Its just to out pressure on May

She's a power-hungry person with no scrupuli. As long as she's in charge, feck the country and what's best for everyone.

I think you need some perspective:

*She has grown the total vote share from an already strong position.
*Assuming the 319 after final seat declared she'd be just 6 seats off a majority. A majority being greater than all other parties put together. If you stripped out Northern Ireland she would have a rest of UK majority and she is joining up with the highest vote from Northern Ireland so actually it's two majorities joining together to cover their regions in relative terms
*The total share of votes I heard last night was around 44 percent similar to what was considered a landslide for Thatcher and Blair in a couple of their terms.

Don't get it twisted to assume a few less seats and scrambling together all the other minor parties would have formed some kind of reasonable looking government.

Yes this is a relative failure of a gamble on May's part, but when all is said and done she'll rightfully continue on with what she is doing with a 5 year mandate and hopefully with a change in tact to reflect the better results for Labour than was otherwise expected.

And let's not forget the heavy Brexit talk could just be a strategy to get the best deal. She is still a remain voter. I'm sure she is game playing. And at worst what she is listening to the vote? May is guilty of over confidence and certainly some arrogance, but the country still sees her as the most credible leader.

Labour and Corbyn should go after this alliance with DUP and attach the DUP's some vile views on Tories.

Pundit on the BBC says he's spoken to senior Conservatives and expects May to be left for now, to start initial Brexit negotiations, but a leadership challenge will be coming in the summer.

How May's position is tenable is beyond me, I don't know what Corbyn can do but there must be something.

I feel like Homer Simpson begging Superman to save him.

What's saving May is no one popular enough wants to do the Brexit negotiations.

:lol: we have to deal with these cnuts everyday welcome to our world.
You Northern Irish? They're the most backwards party around, on par or perhaps even worse than UKIP. Desperate times from the tories pairing with them.

Pundit on the BBC says he's spoken to senior Conservatives and expects May to be left for now, to start initial Brexit negotiations, but a leadership challenge will be coming in the summer.

Would that mean another general election?

EDIT: Oh, no it wouldn't. Thats how May got in in the first place.

18921704_456712074687441_5946956491759160215_n.jpg

I dont think he has to be fair. He's said she should resign and that Labour are ready to offer themselves.

They've used very particular wording to float the possibility without demanding it. Its just to out pressure on May
yeah i've looked into it a bit more, was BBC twisting his words a bit.

its obvious to everyone Labour can not form a government with this result

Just saw Farron said 'No deal is better than a bad deal' with reference to whether they'd do a deal with the Cons again :lol:.

I have to give it to him - he's got good banter.

*Assuming the 319 after final seat declared she'd be just 6 seats off a majority. A majority being greater than all other parties put together. If you stripped out Northern Ireland she would have a rest of UK majority and she is joining up with the highest vote from Northern Ireland so actually it's two majorities joining together to cover their regions in relative terms
*The total share of votes I heard last night was around 44 percent similar to what was considered a landslide for Thatcher and Blair in a couple of their terms.

Don't get it twisted to assume a few less seats and scrambling together all the other minor parties would have formed some kind of reasonable looking government.

Yes this is a relative failure of a gamble on May's part, but when all is said and done she'll rightfully continue on with what she is doing with a 5 year mandate and hopefully with a change in tact to reflect the better results for Labour than was otherwise expected.

And let's not forget the heavy Brexit talk could just be a strategy to get the best deal. She is still a remain voter. I'm sure she is game playing. And at worst what she is listening to the vote? May is guilty of over confidence and certainly some arrogance, but the country still sees her as the most credible leader.

tumblr_mrj06oMs1W1rqv9lro1_500.gif

got to say, while i voted labour i don't agree with Corbyn saying Conservatives should stand aside for a minority labour Government. conservatives still got more votes, we can't ignore that.

Unfortunately their is no way the Labour party could run a government with this break down of seats.
I doubt he's serious about it, it's just posturing and capitalising on the unexpectedness of the results. It feeds the whole "we nearly did it" narrative, and will consolidate his leadership, probably.

I started reading this but it sounds like a poor attempt at justifying this ghastly woman's incompetence. I will celebrate when she gets tossed out of the job.

According to the BBC in terms of the popular vote:
Conservative 42.4% (+5.5%)
Labour 40% (+9.6%)

All of the other parties saw a reduction in their share of the popular vote, with UKIP the biggest.
UKIP 1.8% (-10.8%)

Just noticed - the surge for Labour in the caf poll was representative of the country at large!

To be fair, the only alternative was him getting his nob out and windmilling. So I'm glad he went for the one he did.

I reckon May's gaffe in calling this election is far, far worse than Cameron's Brexit gaffe - the latter, while risky, was partly understandable because of Brexiteers within his own party, and the increasing threat of UKIP taking votes from them.

There was no need for this at all. The only reason for May to call this was for an increased majority, and that's not materialised. Hilarious.:lol:

According to mail readers, May is an establishment plant to derail Brexit.

I reckon May's gaffe in calling this election is far, far worse than Cameron's Brexit gaffe - the latter, while risky, was partly understandable because of Brexiteers within his own party, and the increasing threat of UKIP taking votes from them.

There was no need for this at all. The only reason for May to call this was for an increased majority, and that's not materialised. Hilarious.:lol:
There's no chance of a second referendum in the next five years, is there?

If they'd failed to get a majority (with the DUP), they'd have had to soften their Brexit stance.

Greens, Lib Dems, Labour, SNP, Plaid Cymru, all want a softer Brexit

DUP are the one party who campaigned to leave the EU. The allegedly want a soft Brexit but are eurosceptic.

See here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40215071

The DUP voted against Northern Irelands interests with brexit. The province needs the heavy EU investment to keep it solvent especially for farmers. They basically sacrificed a lot of money just so they can be seen to be super loyal and super British.