General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Absolute monarchy moderated by regicide" :lol:

Halifax and Colne Valley won by Labour. May launched her manifesto in Halifax she was so certain of taking it.

Perhaps funding cuts to the NHS forcing the proposed closure of Huddersfield Royal Infirmary's A&E wasn't a good idea politically?

It's a fair point about Holyrood, and one which can be all too easily forgotten on a night like this. Unionism is strengthened, you would think, or maybe we're just more polarised.

I probably don't follow Scottish politics as closely as i ought, however it seems to me that policy played a far greater role north or the border than it did in England. Here, we had a rather floundering PM with weak policies; whereas the SNP suffered most from its time in government.

It's worth noting that a lot of SNP voters/non-unionist voters opted for Corbyn because they were genuinely impressed with him. Should his government not materialise, most of those voters will flock away from the continually unpopular Scottish Labour and may go back to the SNP. They won't hit 50% again but if the Labour decline goes back to normal we may be looking at 45-25-20 type figures, albeit maybe slightly lower than that for each party.

And I'd argue that no matter how much the unionist vote strengthens, for as long as the SNP remain the most popular party in Scotland, unionist parties will inevitably be in a problematic position to an extent.

How many bloody Scottish seats are Chelski going to get. Jesus.

Feeling really fortunate right now that not only do I not have to get up for work, but I also have a fecked sleeping pattern and woke up at 1:30pm earlier. Not even tired.

Tories we've heard from so far have been supportive of May, on TV anyway. No doubt, in private the walls are closing in. Feck her!
. heard report that its 50% chance she resigns later today from reliable tory sources

. heard report that its 50% chance she resigns later today from reliable tory sources

Yep it's on BBC now. I can't see personally how she stays if it is hung parliament.

I know we all expected a UKIP decline but among many 4% was expected. Their fall to about 2% is massive and could be interesting; means the Tories have less pressure to bow to them unless they start to improve their fortunes again.

I know we all expected a UKIP decline but among many 4% was expected. Their fall to about 2% is massive and could be interesting; means the Tories have less pressure to bow to them unless they start to improve their fortunes again.
Farage will reenter the fold if Brexit looks like faltering.

Farage will be back. Said so as much himself.

So how about sending Prince William to the first round of brexit negotiations?

Hate these squirming anti Corbyn labour MPs like Chukka Unnuma. Just admit you were wrong and now promise to get in line. Snakes.

Yep it's on BBC now. I can't see personally how she stays if it is hung parliament.
She has no authority left, she's gone as soon as they have someone ready.