General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Cheesy

How vulnerable is Sturgeon after this? Does Robertson succeed her at some point down the road, provided there is a by-election of some sort?

I don't think she's particularly vulnerable. It has to be remembered that in spite of tonight's decline she's ultimately managed to take the SNP from 6 seats to a majority since she came to power; plus there's the fact she's close to a majority in Holyrood still. Ultimately any party is going to struggle to sustain 50% and until the SNP are starting to look like they're no longer the most popular party in Scotland she'll be fine, especially considering a lot of potential SNP voters were tempted by Corbyn's Labour tonight.

Robertson won't succeed her either; not necessarily his fault, but an election loss doesn't paint him in a good light. Difficult to tell who'd take over - I don't think Tommy Sheppard is an awful shout since he got back in tonight. Now a good few names from Westminster are gone though I suspect we'll see some new names gaining increasing prominence at Westminster in place of Salmond, Robertson, Tasmina etc.

Hung parliament is a stunning Labour victory. Can't be spun any other way. From 20 points behind to within a few of being the largest party.

Corbyn has officially gained Labour's seat count.

Time for my contrition, even though it's already obvious - I couldn't have been more wrong. Apologies.

Could play devil's advocate though and argue any strong leader would've trounced May. But still, if she'd been behind in polling she wouldn't have called the election. Excellent campaign from Corbyn.

YouGov must be peeved their final poll went up to +7 now.

Tories will still pick up 2/3 in Scotland I think.

Projected share of 43% versus 40% for Labour. Survation were close, YouGov would be closer had they not bottled it at the end.

LD comfortably third biggest party.

Anyone got work tomorrow? I'm in in 3 hours.

Aww feck! I feel for you! Some coffee and lots of natural sunlight will get you through the day.

I'm off so it's all good! :D

It's good Soubry's one of the Tory MPs, as she won't allow May to do whatever she wants.

It's good Soubry's one of the Tory MPs, as she won't allow May to do whatever she wants.

This is worth remembering if the Tories do get a majority; they're going to struggle to function together. One or two resignations and they're fecked.

Woo, Labour hold Camberwell & Peckham. My vote did something!

Anyone got work tomorrow? I'm in in 3 hours.

I just got into bed and have no work tomorrow so I'm feeling fantastic thinking about my line in and casual coffee and scrambled eggs on toast to eat at leisure at midday :)

I am also relying on the Scottish Tories not to be Rees Moggs.

Could play devil's advocate though and argue any strong leader would've trounced May. But still, if she'd been behind in polling she wouldn't have called the election. Excellent campaign from Corbyn.
Can't argue with improving 10 point regardless, and my kind of technocratic bod wouldn't be energising youth like this. I don't know whether it can win a majority, or whether a stronger Tory campaign would've made a difference, but even apart from that I never thought he could prevent losses let alone gain seats. I still think he's shite on Europe but you can't have everything.

I just got into bed and have no work tomorrow so I'm feeling fantastic thinking about my line in and casual coffee and scrambled eggs on toast to eat at leisure at midday :)

Feck. I might even get a few beer tomorrow. It's been that kind of night.

Hung parliament is a stunning Labour victory. Can't be spun any other way. From 20 points behind to within a few of being the largest party.
Agreed. Beyond even the wildest of dreams.

Corbyn has been vindicated for all his stubbornness and self-conviction. He was right in understanding the pulse of his party vote and the majority of his MPs were wrong. Proved people like me wrong (I ended up voting for him).

If May resigns and Boris Johnson takes over, then a fully united Labour party led by Corbyn will walk over the Tories in a winter election.