General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least with all these students and young people actually bothering to turn out and vote, we wont have social media tomorrow plastered with statements like how old people's vote shouldn't count...

I voted Labour on the local issues and actually liking him as a constituency MP. Weird lack of campaigning round our end this time- last time we were getting cnuts at the door every night. Zip for this one.
My constituency is safe Labour, didn't get much campaigning aside from some leaflets shoved through the door.

Liam Fox "A return to 2 party politics"

In a hung parliament

At least with all these students and young people actually bothering to turn out and vote, we wont have social media tomorrow plastered with statements like how old people's vote shouldn't count...

You mean old people shouldn't have a comprehensive health check to determine whether they're likely to die within the next five years before they cast their vote? :rolleyes:

YouGov prediction looking great so far, but relies on SNP vote holding up. Crucial.

My constituency is safe Labour, didn't get much campaigning aside from some leaflets shoved through the door.
Mine is safe Labour too. Campaigning amounted to:
  • Labour advert around the free paper that is delivered to everyone
  • A leaflet from Conservative candidate
  • LOADS of targeted adverts from the Conservative candidate

Fox isn't that far off given the two-party vote is slated to be at about 80% - level not seen since before the SDP. But that 20% obviously includes a highly concentrated vote in Scotland for one party.

Y'see what I don't get is people voting Lib Dem or anything that isn't Labour on the left if they're not gonna vote Tory.

Even if you perfectly align with their campaign and what they stand for, they're never gonna win and you're still on the left.

Perhaps it's a lot more complicated than that, in fact given my political experience it's definitely a lot more complicated than that but I'd always be thinking about tactics if I was a Lib Dem at heart.

Though I suppose they did coalign with the Tories before...

Y'see what I don't get is people voting Lib Dem or anything that isn't Labour on the left if they're not gonna vote Tory.

Even if you perfectly align with their campaign and what they stand for, they're never gonna win and you're still on the left.

Perhaps it's a lot more complicated than that, in fact given my political experience it's definitely a lot more complicated than that but I'd always be thinking about tactics if I was a Lib Dem at heart.

Completely agree. Lib dem and moreso Green is a wasted vote that could have gone to a better cause.

Prescott has said that he's heard from a good source that Murdoch stormed out of the Times Election party when he saw the exit polls.

:lol:

Checking that YouGov spreadsheet, last two been gains for Tories compared to model. Confusion.

I think it depends on the constituency (tactical voting). In some constituencies, Labour aren't in the picture and it is between Conservatives and Lib Dems.