General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who's the Black/Brown girl on 4? She's gorgeous.

It already partly did that last year; what's happening now is a fair few SNP voters were enticed by Corbyn, splitting the non-Tory vote and therefore helping the Tories gain some seats. Additionally the Tories have profited in rural areas because the SNP have become a more urban party. 15 seats is mental, though. The anti-Tory Thatcher era sentiment is largely dead and buried if this is true which feels weird, really does feel like a new era in that sense.

Found out my cousin who just turned 20 and is a first time voter went Tory. Couldn't believe it.

@Jippy just knows a conservative win means less work for him tomorrow.

I, however, took the day off :D

I've got a feeling the polls over compensated for the shy Tory factor in light of Labour energising the voting base.

Found out my cousin who just turned 20 and is a first time voter went Tory. Couldn't believe it.

It's really, really fascinating to see, in a weird, twisted sort of way.

If he'd have won the Tory leadership back in the day, the UK would be a much different and probably better country.
I fully agree- seems a genuinely decent bloke.

Every result so far has been in line with yougov predictions. I would take that as a guide rather than a tweet from someone who was recently reprimanded for fabricating stories to discredit jeremy corbyn.

You're being unwise if you think the BBC political editor does not have various sources inside the major parties.

Unemployed student currently so I can stay up til 5 and sleep til midday :)

Co-Op next door is shut and the closest is 10 minutes away and I'm in my boxers on the sofa, gonna savour the Whiskey.
You ditched the cooking?

Recount may be needed in Amber Rudd's constituency.
I know she a blue, and from what I've seen she's been awful..

But she was chucked on tv, poorly prepared, days after her fathers death, taking her away from 2 rallies in Hastings (and supporting the bed hill one)..

Horrible time for her really.

No majority now 1.75

I wouldn't read too much into the odds. Generally, Betting Syndicates and Investment groups will have ran their own exit polls + use the ones in the public so it's sort of based off of those to a large extent. The odds rely on those polls being accurate, which we we have seen in the previous electronics/referendums, they aren't overly accurate.

I've got a feeling the polls over compensated for the shy Tory factor in light of Labour energising the voting base.
Surely the 'shy Tory' effect is factored into their modelling?!

But she was chucked on tv, poorly prepared, days after her fathers death, taking her away from 2 rallies in Hastings (and supporting the bed hill one)..

You're joking right?

I agree. I have some sympathy for her. Shouldn't have been put in that position.

@Jippy just knows a conservative win means less work for him tomorrow.

I, however, took the day off :D
I did a monster plan for tomorrow on all four scenarios (May decent majority/May weak one/hung/Corbyn) and yep, you know hung parliament is the most interesting, but feck, so much more work. I did the 7am shift today too, so already fecked.
Bastard, I'm the editor and can't exactly take the day off!

And it was going so well already.

Or people realise it's gone to sights and they put brexit on hold, and re referendum in 2018, with regulated campaigns that aren't just built on utter bull and lies.