General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, people are being pessimistic, but didn't Labour gain more votes in Newcastle? According to Britain Elects, they did.

Why read heavily into Sunderland and ignore Newcastle?

Exit poll predicted a bigger swing towards Labour.

But still, only two results. Couple of hours to go until the big results start to come in.

Refuse to believe exit poll. Shy Tories everywhere will prop the buggers up to yet one more slim majority. I'm taking my captain negative hat off and going to sleep.

Suppose it's miles better than I thought it was going to be mind.

Jeez a lad on my Facebook is going crazy with joy because labour have won Newcastle and Sunderland :lol:

Tory vote holds up well enough in Newcastle, so no encouragement there for Labour, I would suggest

Most worrying thing is that Corbyn canvassed the North East just a few days ago and had a great reception. It doesn't bode well if he's still lost seats there.

Yeah I agree with that. Even if that's the case, it's been a disaster for May. It's not going to be 50+ seats out so it's a disaster avoided for Labour.

The UK will be a pretty amazing country if it manages to vote Tory, Tory, Brexit, Tory without turning into a relative hellhole.

Most worrying thing is that Corbyn canvassed the North East just a few days ago and had a great reception. It doesn't bode well if he's still lost seats there.

No evidence he is losing seats there. In fact, the votes for Labour have increased, it's just Tories gained a few more from homeless UKIP voters. Nothing to worry about yet.

No hard evidence whatsoever I'm afraid. It's based more anecdotally which obviously Ill admit I can't rely on! But in the midlands especially where I used to live I saw a lot of support for independence, and people who would be keen to vote UKIP off the back of that who would never vote Tory.