General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if somehow incredibly unlikely Labour manage to form a government im making a meme with the return of the jedi end scene where their all celebrating the empire being destroyed :lol:

Have to hope remain seats go Labour more then - not looking good at all.

Tories picking up the majority of UKIP voters in Labour strongholds. Key question is where UKIP vote goes to in Tory marginals.

You are evidently talking from an ignorant position if you don't even recall the Boris-Gove incident. And why you are addressing me personally, as if i had some means of control, well it's totally ridiculous.

You're even offering mitigation for May. It was her uninspiring manifesto, and she was the face of the campaign.

It was a response to your comment. Nothing against you personally. Apologies if it came across like that.

Again, imo it was infighting in Brexit camp that led to May getting to be the PM. It was obvious to everyone that the stage was set for a brexiters to get the seat. But they goofed up.

Same, but the interesting thing is that UKIP vote is split.

I've never been sure where the whole UKIP voters are Tory voters came from. From my experience lots of working class labour voters have been desperate to leave and were voting UKIP.

This is not looking good. Like the EU referendum, the share in Newcastle and Sunderland was indicative of a bad result for me.

Yeah nothing in this election has anything to do with them. I'd get rid of the votes for women and anybody without a knighthood too. fecking proles!
Such a childish response. If you're going to go that way then why not let 5 year olds vote too?

So, will this be another case of the old fecking the young by keeping that creature in power? And is Jeremy Corbyn your Bernie Sanders?

How accurate were the swings in Sunderland/Newcastle in 2015? I remember them being harbingers of doom for the EU Referendum...

I've never been sure where the whole UKIP voters are Tory voters came from. From my experience lots of working class labour voters have been desperate to leave and were voting UKIP.
UKIP are antithetical to the Tories in some ways, except for Brexit which Labour also supports. If Labour were remain like some wanted, they'd be decimated by floating UKIP voters.

Wait, people are being pessimistic, but didn't Labour gain more votes in Newcastle? According to Britain Elects, they did.

Why read heavily into Sunderland and ignore Newcastle?