General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No evidence he is losing seats there. In fact, the votes for Labour have increased, it's just Tories gained a few more from homeless UKIP voters. Nothing to worry about yet.

Sorry I meant vote share not seats.

That would be a massive change to her normally confident and assuring demeanour.

I wonder what her actual reaction was. Maybe a "gosh!" followed by facial contorting that would see her sweep to victory in a gurning championship (at least she'd win something).

Serves conservatives right for playing a shit game of Game of Thrones. Teresa May fecked up, Conservatives gamble and lose.

Wouldn't be too bad
Might be awful...

If Tories have a tiny majority, they won't risk doing this again. They will spend all 5 years in government.

And could feck us all with the Brexit negotiations.

This might have been asked already: If the Conservatives were the biggest party, would our democratic process allow for Labour to still attempt to form a coalition government (with SNP Lib Dems etc)? and exclude the biggest party?

Why are they making that old man stand up above them like some stats overlord? Give him a chair ffs!

This guy who for some reason is up on a balcony on BBC needs to clean his glasses, they look misted up.

Jeez a lad on my Facebook is going crazy with joy because labour have won Newcastle and Sunderland :lol:

Like a match day forum :lol:

Similar to Lingard scoring, playing fairly well and describing him to be a world beater.

Hyperbole just cos they want to say on a flatform

This might have been asked already: If the Conservatives were the biggest party, would our democratic process allow for Labour to still attempt to form a coalition government (with SNP Lib Dems etc)? and exclude the biggest party?
I don't think there'd be enough seats left for them to.

Yes,depending on seats. But LDs ruling out any coalition just now.

It was a response to your comment. Nothing against you personally. Apologies if it came across like that.

Again, imo it was infighting in Brexit camp that led to May getting to be the PM. It was obvious to everyone that the stage was set for a brexiters to get the seat. But they goofed up.

Fair enough, and i myself was venting. A bit like interviewing a football manager right after controversial loss, you might say.

Euroscepticism has also been one of those political constants as well. To get so close after decades but have it watered down to mush...well it'd be a bitter pill.

I also have sizeable portions of my savings (modest as they are) and SIPP invested in places that Corbyn will be going after, so they won't be looking at all pretty tomorrow.

They certainly could, Brown tried to do the same in 2010. Obviously it's hard to make the maths work though.

Of course.

Traditionally, the 3rd largest party should try to form a government with the CURRENT GOVERNMENT first.

Nick Clegg broke that in 2010 by first going to the Tories as they had the largest party.

But anything can happen

Does the party with the most seats form a Government?
In order to form a Government, a party must be able to command a majority in the House of Commons on votes of confidence and supply. This majority can include support from other political parties, whether or not there is a formal coalition arrangement.

In a situation of no overall control the Government in power before the General Election gets the first chance at creating a government. If they cannot do so, the Prime Minister will resign.

Does the Prime Minister have to resign?
The Prime Minister only has to resign if it is clear that they cannot command a majority of the House of Commons on votes of confidence or supply. This would be the case if the incumbent government fails to make a deal with one or more of the other parties, or if they lose a confidence motion in the House of Commons. The first parliamentary test would be the vote on any amendment to the Queen’s Speech.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/general/hung-parliament/

Just need to get perspective, even if Tories do end up with +20-30, still a good win for us I think.

The shite on BBC about Brexit is unbelievable. Like the govt hasn't got an army of consultants and lawyers working on this, absolute horseshit journalism.

I thought it was whoever can form a majority can form a coalition. I swear there were talks of a coilition in 2015 of Tory, Lib dems AND UKIP before the tories eventually smashed it and the other two embarrassed themselves.

Hopefully that's the case anyway. I think the SNP have decent values, open minded policies and a good plan for the future of Scotland, which I respect. With Labour as the main party in power I think that'll even out the SNP's Scotland-mindedness if you like and together they should do well for our country. I couldn't care less if there was another Scottish referendum, just leave it a couple years yeah?

Just need to get perspective, even if Tories do end up with +20-30, still a good win for us I think.

Very good result. In some way's I'd actually prefer it, as I'm very worried about Labour ending up taking the blame for the Brexit feckup.

Interesting, not shocked at that support in the midlands!

I'll admit I did expect higher labour support than that suggests but that's always the danger of forming opinions on your day to day life and not facts.

This guy who for some reason is up on a balcony on BBC needs to clean his glasses, they look misted up.
BTW: I voted for Labour in the end: I couldn't bring myself to vote Tory; ended up knocking on doors for 3 days for my Labour MP and continually spamming the Conservative facebook page. Our seat is marginal, so fingers crossed.

Key reasons were her refusal to debate Corbyn 1on1, her tacit support fro Trump over climate change and Mayor of London, and her decisions as home secretary with regards terrorism and police. She is not 'strong and stable' and I think she is an intellectual lightweight.

What I found interesting is that May would have called her snap election because Labour voters like me professed we were fed up with Corbyn. But when it came to it, May was simply not inspirational enough to desert Labour for. And as Corbyn spoke more, so he sounded like the real change the country needs. So I stayed. And I suspect millions more like me too.

This was the swing May was counting on. But she failed with millions of wavering labour voters, hence, she will get a reduced majority - I'm convinced ot it.