General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heidi Allen better not be a victim of this night. :nervous: That and my own constituency would just about clinch the shit so far as this is concerned.

it is a failure for may, but it still leaves us with a tory government that doesn't need to compromise.
When this election was called, the Tories had a 20 point lead to begin with. It felt like the labour party were crumbling to pieces but there is hope that the Tories can be listed maybe not now but certainly in 5 years time.

Right, I'm off to bed. Night folks. (Sure I'll wake up at like 2am though)

1-0!

Bring Fellaini on!

Can someone please explain what's going on for a first time voter. Not got a clue about exits polls and hung parliaments

They've interviewed 30 thousand people, mostly in marginals and attempted to extrapolate that to the whole country. It's an educated guess that then converts that into an actual seat prediction. But margins in some places are so tight that even a tiny error in the exit poll can change the result.

The "hung" bit just means that no single party has enough seats to win every vote in parliament. If it happens then it's unlikely to lead to a formal coalition this time, more likely to be the tories just about scrabbling to win votes in parliament on almost everything. Probably May loses her job and we have another election sooner rather than later.