General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8OBO2RL.png

What happens if its a hung parliament? I don't know much about UK politics

I wonder if the Blairites are currently wishing they hadn't attempted the coup or if they are regretting that the coup was unsuccessful tonight.

That's an interesting one. Impossible to say which is true

If this does go how it's looking...

Cameron - arrogantly calls a referendum to cement his own position and give him political breathing room. Bye!

May - arrogantly calls an election to cement it's own position and give him political breathing room. Bye!

Scotland might be fannying this up though, innit :(

need the SNP vote to hold up too

If this does go how it's looking...

Cameron - arrogantly calls a referendum to cement his own position and give him political breathing room. Bye!

May - arrogantly calls an election to cement it's own position and give him political breathing room. Bye!
Heh, nice.

I'm not sure how all this works, does Jeremy have a chance of becoming PM? I really hope he does.

lots of options based on the exit poll.
I wonder if the Blairites are currently wishing they hadn't attempted the coup or if they are regretting that the coup was unsuccessful tonight.

The brits love a good under dog...I think it raised his stock personally. He also wouldn't have been able to have the same manifesto with a Blairite front bench.

If they're still that way in a Brexit/May/UKIP nation, they're literally badgers or something.
ive only ever seen one alive badger.... it was growling at a cat..... my gran votes tory i once saw here showing a cat of her lawn with a broom..... coincidence? i think not!

If Scotland and Wales put the Tories in power, it'd be such irony. They should have voted Labour.

What happens if its a hung parliament? I don't know much about UK politics

Lots of horse trading to see if anyone can form a coalition first. Then if they can't, the Tories could have a minority government, but they'd be incredibly weak and prone to a vote of no confidence at basically any time.

"You'll remember me, when The Left's wind blows, upon your fields of barley. You can take The Sun, and the jealous Sky, and feck off to your fields of gold"

jeremy-corbyn.jpg

Ok shame it's wheat fields but hey you can't win them all.

Already talk of Tories having to rely on Lib Dems for supply and confidence in return for 2nd referendum.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/general/hung-parliament/

Does the party with the most seats form a Government?
In order to form a Government, a party must be able to command a majority in the House of Commons on votes of confidence and supply. This majority can include support from other political parties, whether or not there is a formal coalition arrangement.

In a situation of no overall control the Government in power before the General Election gets the first chance at creating a government. If they cannot do so, the Prime Minister will resign.

Does the Prime Minister have to resign?
The Prime Minister only has to resign if it is clear that they cannot command a majority of the House of Commons on votes of confidence or supply. This would be the case if the incumbent government fails to make a deal with one or more of the other parties, or if they lose a confidence motion in the House of Commons. The first parliamentary test would be the vote on any amendment to the Queen’s Speech.

Well I'm off to bed. Woke up to unpleasant surprises for both the EU Ref and US Election. Hopefully a pleasant surprise this time around.

See you on the other side chaps.

There's no free pass for anyone born and raised in Scotland voting Tory.
Yeah sorry I'm talking shite(Being a Labour voter everything is a bit crazy at the moment), I somehow thought it was about Labour loses seats to the SNP and not the tories winning in Scotland.

No excuse to vote for the tories.

Why are SNP losing so many seats?
They are holding 56/59

Only way is down

People dont want to leave the UK, so will be losing votes by wanting a re-run there

And people not happy with a few things SNP have done in Scotland (schools?)

Etc

Lots of horse trading to see if anyone can form a coalition first. Then if they can't, the Tories could have a minority government, but they'd be incredibly weak and prone to a vote of no confidence at basically any time.

Thanks! Is a coalition is looking likely? Those still seem like very high numbers for the Tories. Why is everyone so happy?

Feel like SNP must be slightly higher, if there are tossups. Feel betrayed by Labour voters going Tory to keep out SNP, stupid feckers. Could have made a fecking coalition.