General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really hope the Balirites don't feck over Corbyn if the Tories scrape it. He's brought them closer to government than they've been in 7 years.
Due to May's feckery more than anything he's done.

Why do Newcastle and Sunderland always make it a competition to be first :lol:
Why are some places not getting their results in until like 6am etc?

She's potentially killed Brexit, and empowered that...that despicable man. The blame lies mostly with May though, no excuses.
I remember you claiming how the Brexit vote could be chance for the rise of a new left in Britain. Looks like you got your wishes:lol:

I remember you claiming how the Brexit vote could be chance for the rise of a new left in Britain. Looks like you got your wishes:lol:

I clearly remember the prediction, but not the poster.
I remembered it as a dark joke. Till this poll.

A night of mainstream (Tory) media ripping the Tories to piss. This'll do well, please be real, please be real.

Logic would dictate that the exit polls will favour the party with momentum (i.e Labour). Fascinating how this has turned out. What a performance by Corbyn especially considering how himself and his party were portrayed when this election was called.

I'm not sure that's true. If the tories had more seats but SNP+Labour had enough seats to form a majority they wouldn't even bother.
I am not certain either but I think the key part is have the first option, she would be able to refuse it if she saw it was not possible to govern or it could be a strategic option. Whichever way, a hung parliament means a hell of a lot of shit will fly. The country would pass through really difficult times, division would be enormous, I believe.

So how come nobody wanted to be PM post Cameron resignation? Boris and Nigel jumped ship the very next week iirc. Brexiters had a chance to take lead and you fecked up. Simple as.

Boris didn't jump ship, he fell to intrigue. Gove, for his involvement, became persona non grata. Most of the other leading figures stood for the leadership. Gisela Stuart was Labour and in no position to do so.

No idea why you're mentioning Farage; sod all to do with what i supported, and not even an elected representative at Westminster.

In any event, none of this is an excuse for May's conduct. What's your actual point?

Logic would dictate that the exit polls will favour the party with momentum (i.e Labour). Fascinating how this has turned out. What a performance by Corbyn especially considering how himself and his party were portrayed when this election was called.
I don't want to get ahead of myself (and the result), but I think the public were happy to believe the worst about him before they actually had to stop and think and make a serious informed decision based on manifestos and contrast. May hasn't held up well under this scrutiny.

That no party has an overall majority and cannot form a government without co-opting the support of other parties - a coalition as with Tory + Lib Dems last time. Or negotiating support for legislation as they go along
Thanks! So would May still most likely be PM?

She's potentially killed Brexit, and empowered that...that despicable man. The blame lies mostly with May though, no excuses.
What do you want from Brexit?

- Blue Passports?
- Get rid of MEPs?
- Ability to negotiate our own trade deals?
- Get ride of most of EU's laws?
- A smaller EU Budget Contribution?
- Take back farming controls?
- Get back our fishing rights?
- De-Rate Sanitary Products?
- Stars on our number plates?

We can get all that with a SOFT Brexit. If you care about our fisheries, we can fish, fish, fish! Want a Global Britain with a free trade deal with Australia, New Zealand and the USA? We can do that now!

Get rid of EU laws? YES! We would get rid of 91% of EU Laws according to Dan Hannan.

Could we cut immigration? YES! The UK has been one of the worst at using tools already given for cutting immigration.

Would you accept a soft brexit?

I am not certain either but I think the key part is have the first option, she would be able to refuse it if she saw it was not possible to govern or it could be a strategic option. Whichever way, a hung parliament means a hell of a lot of shit will fly. The country would pass through really difficult times, division would be enormous, I believe.
I think that's just a convention though, rather than having any legal/constitutional basis.