General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not certain either but I think the key part is have the first option, she would be able to refuse it if she saw it was not possible to govern or it could be a strategic option. Whichever way, a hung parliament means a hell of a lot of shit will fly. The country would pass through really difficult times, division would be enormous, I believe.
Oh man, I win my bet, but Brexit negotiations in 11 days...

Really hope the Balirites don't feck over Corbyn if the Tories scrape it. He's brought them closer to government than they've been in 7 years.

Imagine where Labour could have been if they'd actually supported him. If Corbyn does well they should just follow their conscience and defect to the Tories.

what Vine is talking about now reflects amazing penetration from Labour if this poll is anything like right

These patchy swings are incredible.

I'm feeling far too relaxed and buoyant at the moment. The real result is going to crush me. Seriously tempted to put £50 on May maintaining her small Majority.

If Scotland and Wales have given Tories seats to make them the biggest party they are the biggest idiots possible!!!!!

I walked a 15 mile circle from Barrowford through Blacko, half way to Barnoldswick and round again yesterday. No roads, just footpaths, fields, hills, streams, hills, woods and more hills. Lots of buttercup meadows, sheep, deer, absolutely beautiful. Everything green and lush and full of birds. No better place to live in the world.

We do have some beautiful scenery, just a pity about the towns really.

Thanks! So would May still most likely be PM?
I think that's just a convention though, rather than having any legal/constitutional basis.
@GDaly95
May could still be PM, it's really too early to say.

@ Silva
Possibly, governance in the UK depends on convention so much, but there would have to be protocols in place - either formal or informal, I imagine. As I say, I'm not sure and just using my common sense + a little knowledge of other systems.

I don't think Labour can absolutely count on SNP support without ceding a great deal. The SNP is a nationalist party - remember the vote of no confidence in 1979 which brought down the Labour government and initiated Thatcherism.

Last edited:
if the exit polls are right , May's roll as leader has to be under huge pressure.
It's a fascinating dilemma. She specifically asked for an increased majority as a mandate to negotiate on our behalf because she was 'strong and stable'.

If she ends up with a reduced majority whilst making Corbyn significantly stronger, then I'm not sure her position is very tenable.

Corbyn would harangue her in parliament with increased confidence and power and Euro PM's would use her deceased majority as a tool to undermine her in Brexit negotiations. It's a monumental cock up and yet an another example of Tory hubris causing them self harm

Was my prediction I posted on FB last night:

I predict Labour/SNP/Lib Dem coalition. Tories won't get more than 315.

Come on Jez!

If there's another election i can't begin to predict what will happen.

Sunderland aiming to put the bitter taste of relegation behind them by beating Newcastle to be the first seat to declare.

I wonder if the Blairites are currently wishing they hadn't attempted the coup or if they are regretting that the coup was unsuccessful tonight.