Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Dunno about men but virtually every woman I talk to is squarely in her camp.. With a passion I might add. Blaming the men she s had for every cock up..especially Jon. Whatever you do, don't defend any of them.

Yeah it's the same where I work . Pretty much every woman is team Dany . If you even suggest she is going to be the villain at the end you get yelled at .

They should have had the jon secret explained to see Arya and Sansa reaction
Then it explained again to see tyrion reaction
Then one more time to see varys reaction

Game of reaction

Also if the directors did something you way which others agree Upon instead of what they did (which some call fan service) , then wouldn't doing it your way also be fan service? How does that work ?

Because they are harder to cgi because of the fur coat and lighting? makes perfect sense to me.

I'm sure making a CG Wolf would present a challenge for digital artists, but so does everything on the show. This show has the biggest budget in the history of television. I'm sure they could have managed a few 30 second-1 minute scenes with people interacting with a fecking Big wolf. Instead of looking like someone poorly photoshopped a Dog into a scene as an after thought.

This thread is full of A list writers, animators, directors. So convinced in your own version of events, You’re all wasted in your day jobs.

Thats right i forgot you have to be a professional in the industry to have an opinion on a TV show.

Last edited:
They really messed up Dorne.

Aye, was the first time the show went from occasionally patchy to outright bad. Probably a bit of a turning point in retrospect, never fully recovered from that despite some quality episodes.

Yeah it's the same where I work . Pretty much every woman is team Dany . If you even suggest she is going to be the villain at the end you get yelled at .
Glad I'm not the only one having to deal with a hostile environment. I keep saying Dany s gonna die and they don't appreciate it for some reason.

What really pisses me off is that the show emphasize how the kids are not like their parents and then they do Danny like that, and yes she is my fav character and I'm pissed off about it, I don't mind her dying but not because she turns like her father.

She freed the slaves, she locked up her dragons when they burnt an innocent boy, she listened to her council most of the time, she helped the north against the WW losing most of her army and a dragon, all that character build up only to ruin it in 2 episodes, yes she killed people but those were slave masters and other really bad guys, the only really bad thing she did was burning the Tarlys because they wouldn't bend the knee.

Feck the Tarlys. She was diplomatic and gave them the opportunity to bend the knee and they refused. Tyrion suggested they could take the black, which she seemed open to, and they refused. They made their own barbeque.

I think her possible fall is being well done, to be honest. Possibly the only thing being well done this season. The lack of time to flesh it out being the only negative I'll throw at it.

She watched two of her children die, watched her two closest friends die and found out she's fecking her nephew who has a better claim to the throne than her. I like the idea of her being severely tested and I'm rooting for her to come through it. Possibly the only character I'm really invested in at this point and the only who if she dies I'll be gutted about to the level of Ned, Cat, Robb, Oberyn, Theon etc.

I'm sure making a CG Wolf would present a challenge for digital artists, but so does everything on the show. This show has the biggest budget in the history of television. I'm sure they could have managed a few 30 second-1 minute scenes with people interacting with a fecking Big wolf. Instead of looking like someone poorly photoshopped a Dog into a scene as an after thought.

Thats right i forgot you have to be a professional in the industry to have an opinion on a TV show.

So you’re criticising the CGI? They couldn’t get the wolf to look right just stood there but it would be easy for it to get jon hugging it? Like I said I don’t know.

Also the amount of times I’ve read ‘bad writing’ or ‘terrible writing’. I’m no tv expert and honestly never seen this phrase so often. So what does it mean? The script is bad writing? The direction of the show is bad writing? The editing of scenes is bad writing? The dialogue is bad writing?

What exactly is bad writing, it seems used to bash everything. Someone doesn’t enjoy an episode, “ahhh the writing is awful”. So can it be used as a blanket term for everything?

What really pisses me off is that the show emphasize how the kids are not like their parents and then they do Danny like that, and yes she is my fav character and I'm pissed off about it, I don't mind her dying but not because she turns like her father.

She freed the slaves, she locked up her dragons when they burnt an innocent boy, she listened to her council most of the time, she helped the north against the WW losing most of her army and a dragon, all that character build up only to ruin it in 2 episodes, yes she killed people but those were slave masters and other really bad guys, the only really bad thing she did was burning the Tarlys because they wouldn't bend the knee.
Uh, do they?

Rob makes all the same mistakes Ned does, Jon is just as thick as him at times too. Joffrey takes the worst traits from both Cersei and Jaime. Viserys is just as nuts as his father. Some characters certainly don't but it's a mixed bag.

Still, Daenerys transition into the 'mad queen' is beyond silly, that's for sure.

Uh, do they?

Rob makes all the same mistakes Ned does, Jon is just as thick as him at times too. Joffrey takes the worst traits from both Cersei and Jaime. Viserys is just as nuts as his father. Some characters certainly don't but it's a mixed bag.

Still, Daenerys transition into the 'mad queen' is beyond silly, that's for sure.
Jon is not Ned Starks son, Joffrey was a completely different animal to both Ceresi and Jaime, "evilness" doesn't make them similar, agree on Rob though, especially when he cut the head of the Karstark I think.

Jon is not Ned Starks son, Joffrey was a completely different animal to both Ceresi and Jaime, "evilness" doesn't make them similar, agree on Rob though, especially when he cut the head of the Karstark I think.
He basically is. He's his adapted son. Obviously having him as his 'dad' growing up means he'll take all his traits.

He basically is. He's his adapted son. Obviously having him as his 'dad' growing up means he'll take all his traits.
Just to make it clear as well, I meant with Tyrion and ie his chat once with Danny and how she said she doesn't care about his family and she looks at him as an individual personality, I think Tyrion had the same convo with Jon in S07, it's just a silly plot "oh her dad is the mad king she must be crazy"

And Danny grew up without her father and should so much willingness to do good.

So you’re criticising the CGI? They couldn’t get the wolf to look right just stood there but it would be easy for it to get jon hugging it? Like I said I don’t know.

No i'm criticizing their decision to use green screen to make dogs look like big wolves but then utilize it less and less and arguably worse as the show progressed despite the shows budget increasing by large amounts season on season. They managed to make decent scenes in earlier seasons with people interacting with the Wolves.

As i said earlier if they had no real plan for how they would achieve the Wolf effects convincingly and/or have them play a significant role in the story then they probably should have just killed them all off in the first few seasons when they were played by dogs just on set or not included them at all.

Also the amount of times I’ve read ‘bad writing’ or ‘terrible writing’. I’m no tv expert and honestly never seen this phrase so often. So what does it mean? The script is bad writing? The direction of the show is bad writing? The editing of scenes is bad writing? The dialogue is bad writing?

What exactly is bad writing, it seems used to bash everything. Someone doesn’t enjoy an episode, “ahhh the writing is awful”. So can it be used as a blanket term for everything?

Maybe ask someone who has actually said the writing is bad mate.

I imagine that Yara is going to be pissed off.

Yara: Hey San-San where's my bro?
Sansa: Oh yeah he died in that big battle.
Yara: Right well, did you bury him at sea like a true Ironborn deserves?
Sansa: He was a Stark.
Yara: Ah right, no burial at sea then. Ok, take me down to the Stark crypt and show me where he's buried.
Sansa: Erm, we didn't do that either. We just burned him like everyone else.
Yara: WTF Sansa
Sansa: Also Jon is actually a Targaryen. Don't tell anyone.

No i'm criticizing their decision to use green screen to make dogs look like big wolves but then utilize it less and less and arguably worse as the show progressed despite the shows budget increasing by large amounts season on season. They managed to make decent scenes in earlier seasons with people interacting with the Wolves.

As i said earlier if they had no real plan for how they would achieve the Wolf effects convincingly and/or have them play a significant role in the story then they probably should have just killed them all off in the first few seasons when they were played by dogs just on set or not included them at all.

Maybe ask someone who has actually said the writing is bad mate.

Fair enough, I think the majority of this thread has said the writing is bad so I may get an answer whatvjt actually means. I’m sure people use the phrase to cover different complaints with the show.

As for you not happy with how the wolves are done, each to their own, I know it’s tv and don’t expect everything ‘fake’ to be perfect. I certainly wouldn’t expect something written out of the show just because it’s difficukt to get looking perfectly real.
They’ve had to make choices where the budget has gone I suppose, they’re never going to please everybody with that choice

Fair enough, I think the majority of this thread has said the writing is bad so I may get an answer whatvjt actually means. I’m sure people use the phrase to cover different complaints with the show.

As for you not happy with how the wolves are done, each to their own, I know it’s tv and don’t expect everything ‘fake’ to be perfect. I certainly wouldn’t expect something written out of the show just because it’s difficukt to get looking perfectly real.
They’ve had to make choices where the budget has gone I suppose, they’re never going to please everybody with that choice

I think you're correct in that 'bad writing' is being used more as a blanket term to describe several different things.

I mean you've got bad writing like this...

I think the majority of this thread has said the writing is bad so I may get an answer whatvjt actually means

Then there's shit dialogue like the Dany and Jon dragon romance scene in Ep2 of this season. I mean a lot of the actors aren't great but contrast that with the Tywin and Pycel deleted scene posted on the last page.

You've got crap writing in terms of ridiculous plot contrivances which have increased exponentially in recent seasons e.g. Euron and his teleporting/cloaking fleet, Dany forgetting about them (as evidenced by that posted interview with one of the muppets), Missandae being captured, Bronn waltzing into Winterfell with a crossbow...etc... this is just from the last episode btw.

And then I guess you've got the more subjective criticism of people not really agreeing with where they're taking the story and certain characters e.g. people seem oddly angry that Jon didn't give it up for Ghost, Dany going mad, Tyrion turning into an imbecile etc...I think of the 3 this one is more, "well that's just your opinion man" and was kind of inevitable really as the show draws to a finish.

That help?

Last edited:
And then I guess you've got the more subjective criticism of people not really agreeing with where they're taking the story and certain characters e.g. people seem oddly angry that Jon didn't give it up for ghost, Dany going mad, Tyrion turning into an imbecile etc...I think of the 3 this one is more, "well that's just your opinion man" and was kind of inevitable really as the show draws to a finish.

That help?
Oddly Angry?

Jon not petting his good boi before leaving him is the biggest cnut move of the entire show.

I think you're correct in that 'bad writing' is being used more as a blanket term to describe several different things.

I mean you've got bad writing like this...

Then there's shit dialogue like the Dany and Jon dragon romance scene in Ep2 of this season. I mean a lot of the actors aren't great but contrast that with the Tywin and Pycel deleted scene posted on the last page.

You've got crap writing in terms of ridiculous plot contrivances which have increased exponentially in recent seasons e.g. Euron and his teleporting/cloaking fleet, Dany forgetting about them (as evidenced by that posted interview with one of the muppets), Missandae being captured, Bronn waltzing into Winterfell with a crossbow...etc... this is just from the last episode btw.

And then I guess you've got the more subjective criticism of people not really agreeing with where they're taking the story and certain characters e.g. people seem oddly angry that Jon didn't give it up for Ghost, Dany going mad, Tyrion turning into an imbecile etc...I think of the 3 this one is more, "well that's just your opinion man" and was kind of inevitable really as the show draws to a finish.

That help?

My typo was bad writing? Haha ok.
As for the rest, I didn’t need help but yeah, you’re right about everything

Comforting and worrying.

Seriously though, Jon basically blanking Ghost is messed up. It wasnt more powerful, unless it was intended that hes a prick. Which maybe they will explain that he hates ghost, ever since he died and got brought back.

:lol::lol:
t's certain that, under the forces listed, that the ballista would tear itself apart trying to impart the level of energy required.

Given that the bolt accelerates over ~2m (6 ft), you're imparting something like 20mil ft.lbs. Assuming a cross sectional area of ~10cm2 for the bolt, that's roughly 3000 Nm2 of force. Steel has a tensile strength of ~370 MPa so the steel bolt would shatter.

I'm an idiot, the steel would deform plastically not shatter so the ballistae would just be shooting bent bolts.

level 3
Shite_Redditor

16 points·2 days ago

The shaft of the bolt is also made of wood. No way it would survive.

level 4
BenevolentCheese

12 points·1 day ago

Not to mention the effect of the recoil on the boat. If the bolt blasts off at 11m newtons, the ballista mount (and thus the boat) needs to withstand 11m newtons.

level 5
SpongeBobBattlepants

9 points·1 day ago

So they invented a new form of boat propulsion by using the recoil of the super mega balistae that can shoot dragon seeking projectiles at mach five.

level 6
ketcraftyak

2 points·1 day ago

Anything 100 ft under water in the direction they’re firing “were fecked”

level 6
Erudain

1 point·23 hours ago

that's how Euron fleet appears to magically teleport and surprise Dany fleets....they just point the ballista backwards and shot

Comforting and worrying.

Seriously though, Jon basically blanking Ghost is messed up. It wasnt more powerful, unless it was intended that hes a prick. Which maybe they will explain that he hates ghost, ever since he died and got brought back.

Apparently they didn't have the budget to show him patting a CGI wolf or something I heard. Another weird excuse after the "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet" whopper.

owib315xt5x21.jpg

I'm hearing there's some kind of leak for the 5th episode? Is it the whole episode or just some part of it?

Did she really 'help' the north? Her armies were pathetic and her dragons did more harm than good.

Did she really 'help' the north? Her armies were pathetic and her dragons did more harm than good.

And the WW only got through the wall in the first place because she gave them a fecking dragon.

Btw, D&D kind of forgot about the Dothraki's end.

tidl1584o5x21.png

'The remaining dothraki'

Bitch what remaining dothraki. We saw like a few blokes with PTSD running back after they got massacred. Unless some were just chilling playing dead they're chatting major shit.