Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

I'm hearing there's some kind of leak for the 5th episode? Is it the whole episode or just some part of it?
I don’t know about the episode per se, but there’s been leaks seeping up from the murky corners of the innerwebs from the start.

Tread carefully my friends, as the web is dark and full of shit...

I'm hearing there's some kind of leak for the 5th episode? Is it the whole episode or just some part of it?
The same leak sources predicting episodes 5 & 6 were utterly spot on for 4 it seems. Avoid at all costs or, if you want spited, to Freefolk with you.

Did she really 'help' the north? Her armies were pathetic and her dragons did more harm than good.

The Dothraki were useless but the Unsullied are pretty much the only reason they survived.

I don’t know about the episode per se, but there’s been leaks seeping up from the murky corners of the innerwebs from the start.

Tread carefully my friends, as the web is dark and full of shit...
The same leak sources predicting episodes 5 & 6 were utterly spot on for 4 it seems. Avoid at all costs or, if you want spited, to Freefolk with you.
There is now conflicting leaks for at least episode 5.
Thanks guys! Going to stay well clear of the spoilers.

:lol::lol:
t's certain that, under the forces listed, that the ballista would tear itself apart trying to impart the level of energy required.

Given that the bolt accelerates over ~2m (6 ft), you're imparting something like 20mil ft.lbs. Assuming a cross sectional area of ~10cm2 for the bolt, that's roughly 3000 Nm2 of force. Steel has a tensile strength of ~370 MPa so the steel bolt would shatter.

I'm an idiot, the steel would deform plastically not shatter so the ballistae would just be shooting bent bolts.

level 3
Shite_Redditor

16 points·2 days ago

The shaft of the bolt is also made of wood. No way it would survive.

level 4
BenevolentCheese

12 points·1 day ago

Not to mention the effect of the recoil on the boat. If the bolt blasts off at 11m newtons, the ballista mount (and thus the boat) needs to withstand 11m newtons.

level 5
SpongeBobBattlepants

9 points·1 day ago

So they invented a new form of boat propulsion by using the recoil of the super mega balistae that can shoot dragon seeking projectiles at mach five.

level 6
ketcraftyak

2 points·1 day ago

Anything 100 ft under water in the direction they’re firing “were fecked”

level 6
Erudain

1 point·23 hours ago

that's how Euron fleet appears to magically teleport and surprise Dany fleets....they just point the ballista backwards and shot

And I thought I was a nerd.... gotta improve my game.

The perplexing part of Thrones’ hurry to remove itself from our screens is that almost no one was rooting for a rapid resolution.

Viewers don’t want it to end. The media doesn’t want it to end. HBO doesn’t want it to end. Only the showrunners are ready to wrap things up.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-t...794/game-of-thrones-ending-too-quickly-pacing

It's a good point. What's the rush about? Then I read those two have signed on for a trilogy of Star Wars movies. That's why.

Pair of cnuts are tanking my favourite TV show ever to hurry off for fecking Star Wars.

I'm never experienced proper nerd rage but I'm getting fecking close these days.

Probably because, as professionals (as we are reminded), they realise they can't carry it on?

Adaptations are very different to writing the stories. In the former they have done a great job, full credit. In the latter though...well...not so much.

It's a good point. What's the rush about? Then I read those two have signed on for a trilogy of Star Wars movies. That's why.

Pair of cnuts are tanking my favourite TV show ever to hurry off for fecking Star Wars.

I'm never experienced proper nerd rage but I'm getting fecking close these days.

It's more to do with certain actors getting paid per episode which is why they cut this season down to six

Fair enough, I think the majority of this thread has said the writing is bad so I may get an answer whatvjt actually means. I’m sure people use the phrase to cover different complaints with the show.

As for you not happy with how the wolves are done, each to their own, I know it’s tv and don’t expect everything ‘fake’ to be perfect. I certainly wouldn’t expect something written out of the show just because it’s difficukt to get looking perfectly real.
They’ve had to make choices where the budget has gone I suppose, they’re never going to please everybody with that choice

Thats basically what they've done with the Wolves though isn't it?

They killed most of them off as soon as they could and made their role less and less prominent with each season.

This is what bronn was when he refused to fight for tyrion, what we saw in the previous episode wasn't bronn at all. Maybe it was the faceless man using bronns face.

Altho bronn did have his lady taken from him and his castle when he went to dorne a season later

Euro greyjoy just delivered Yara to cersei for me.

Seems like they got rid of Ramsey and replaced him with Euron, can't get away with him at all. It's like replacing a pint of Guinness with a fruit shoot.

This is what bronn was when he refused to fight for tyrion, what we saw in the previous episode wasn't bronn at all. Maybe it was the faceless man using bronns face.

This is the scene that came to mind when he Paul Danielsed into last week's episode and started twirling his moustache.

dnd decided to keep the bravado but replace the subtle regret born out of genuine concern for a friend with banal quips.

Perhaps it's cooler this way or that forgetting joke again or just bad writers gonna bad write.

Last edited:
The more freefolk subreddit links are posted here, the more i'm convinced that there are far more robins in this thread than expected. They're just more subtle.

The more freefolk subreddit links are posted here, the more i'm convinced that there are far more robins in this thread than expected. They're just more subtle.

Just a shame his name was Robin and not Raven.

I posted a while a go that people were posting their own time lines based on the leaks.

Like with robin I'm reluctant to draw attention to posts but I have seen multiple people mention the leaks either directly or indirectly.

I posted a while a go that people were posting their own time lines based on the leaks.

Like with robin I'm reluctant to draw attention to posts but I have seen multiple people mention the leaks either directly or indirectly.

You can PM me the posts if that helps(i've read the leaks) and i'll quietly threadban people.

Black eyed Robins?

Perhaps the previously expelled robins have warged into posters with upstanding reputations in order to cause chaos!

Does freefolk have leaks or something?

I go on there a fair bit because there are a lot of funny memes and videos but I can't say I've seen spoilers anywhere.