Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

I assume you mean by the current crop? 'Cos a lot of the acting by the veterans (Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Charles Dance etc.) was always fantastic.

I reckon people would actually be less bothered if you insulted their wife.
:lol: Not wrong. I dared to say something negative about it at work but I was told to feck off

Well the Zombies led by Demons appear in the first scene of the first book, so I'm not sure that's a completely fair take!

I think its's mostly human nature though. Most of the 'good guys' have some pretty awful character flaws, and there have been attempts to humanise everyone except from the white walkers, but people naturally take sides and the faults of characters like Sansa are overlooked whilst characters like Cersei are reviled. There has perhaps been less of it since we left the books behind (although Dany and Sam yesterday was a good example of the good guys not being always immaculate), but I think that's largely a reflection of having to try and conclude what became unwieldy mess of a story in a satisfying way.

I really can't see that, they see Dany as their mother. It just shows Jon can ride a dragon into the battle, that's all.

Whilst true, I'm fairly certain it was supposed to be foreshadowing the fact that Jon is a Targaryan and that their loyalty to Dany is not necessarily absolute. We'll see.

It was an ironic comment. Since she has feck all, a good opportunity like that wasn't even entertained to be used.

I thought so tbf, it's just Emilia clarke and acting skills in the same sentence made me chuckle.

I actually thought she was decent in the first season, but it seems like since then she's basically just been doing regal looks and saying dramatic lines.

I thought so tbf, it's just Emilia clarke and acting skills in the same sentence made me chuckle.

I actually thought she was decent in the first season, but it seems like since then she's basically just been doing regal looks and saying dramatic lines.
We'll see what they have for her if one of dragons die during the battle. She better show some emotions

One already died and she was awful
You are right. During the moment it can make sense since it was about saving the squad but just afterwards they really should have dedicaded something regarding her grief as a mom.
The dragons mean feck all to her, a way to absolute power is all.

Last edited:

She was shit in Terminator as well.

You are right. During the moment it can make sense since it was about saving the squad jut afterwards they really should have dedicaded something regarding her grief as a mom.
The dragons mean feck all to her, a way to absolute power is all.

Even Cersei showed more sorrow and grief in the loss of her kids. Would be very surprised if it was deliberate or just a combination of poor writing/direction and bad acting skills.

The ‘Sansa is so clever/Tyrion is an idiot’ complete 180° is also pretty irritating and definitely signposting the direction this storyline is taking.

Sigh.

I have no idea what they’re even trying to do with Tyrion at the minute. His complete incompetence last season could at least be explained by his sympathy to his family. Now though he just seems clueless. I was hoping heading into this season that he was actually scheming with Cersei which would explain his naivety. The Bronn plan seems to put an end to that notion, unless Qyburn is acting alone.

I said this about Littlefinger and Varys last season. The characters were written by a different author – They’re too intelligent for the showrunners to write effectively so it seems like they’re either doing nothing or acting out of character. They tried to write it as if Sansa outsmarted Littlefinger when it was actually Bran. And LF’s plan was absolutely horrible to begin with - Relied on Aryan being a moron.

Funnily enough she suffered two potentially fatal (66% survival rate) brain aneurysms after finishing season one. She said in an interview that she suffered severe paranoia after that it would affect her ability to act.

God everyone moaning at the first episode of the season again. They always use it to set things up.

That's kind of unfair as there are still moral ambiguities going on but in the face of a threat that could wipe out humanity these issues need to be put aside. I think at such a point you're allowed to say that one side is 'good' and another 'bad' and the show has been building up to this since the first episode.

Just went on youtube and watched the old Tywin and Arya scenes (where they meet in Harrenhal).

If you're in any doubt over how much the writing/acting has gone downhill since the early seasons, go back and watch those scenes. Incredible performance from Charles Dance and Maisie Williams absolutely bounces off that and is great and engaging herself.

It's a shame. I do think the younger cast members miss some of the veterans because their presence seemed to raise everybody's game. Now they're being carried by at best average actors/actresses and the quality drop off is very, very obvious.

That said, there's little anybody can do with dialogue like 'keep your queen warm' and 'what do dragons eat?' 'ANYTHING THEY WANT MWAHAHAH I'M EVIL -- WAIT NO IM NICE? IDK'.

Even Cersei showed more sorrow and grief in the loss of her kids. Would be very surprised if it was deliberate or just a combination of poor writing/direction and bad acting skills.
Yeah, all in all, just 5 episodes left. I for one, cannot wait for it to be over for good.

That said, there's little anybody can do with dialogue like 'keep your queen warm' and 'what do dragons eat?' 'ANYTHING THEY WANT MWAHAHAH I'M EVIL -- WAIT NO IM NICE? IDK'.

That line I almost expected a laugh track to play it was that bad

Funnily enough she suffered two potentially fatal (66% survival rate) brain aneurysms after finishing season one. She said in an interview that she suffered severe paranoia after that it would affect her ability to act.

Jesus, was not aware.

She seems like a really nice, bubbly character off screen, and in truth I do feel for her because a lot of her dialogue is very hard to work with or build a genuine character around.

But the lack of expression or depth when it is required from her is pretty poor for a leading lady.

One thing I will be impressed with is if Bronn does manage to kill both Lannister brothers, shocking the entire audience who expected him to have a redemption arc.

Although Jaime is one of the few decent characters left .. so maybe not.

I still don't understand the whole dragon riding scene. Doesn't really add to the story, was boring and doesn't fit the show at all.

It was really bad... and wasn't the whole point of them going to see the dragons that they weren't eating? What happened with that?

One thing I will be impressed with is if Bronn does manage to kill both Lannister brothers, shocking the entire audience who expected him to have a redemption arc.

Although Jaime is one of the few decent characters left .. so maybe not.

My hopeful theory is that Bronn going north was Tyrion’s idea and that he and Cersei are indeed working together.

Bronn will know Tyrion promised to beat any price Cersei offered so will go to him before trying anything. Tyrion gets an assassin close to him he knows he can trust. Tyrion starts making moves on behalf of the Lannisters – He was the closest to Tywin in personality after all and Tywin was all about family legacy. It would explain Tyrion acting like an idiot, explain Cersei trying to kill them after literally just passing up the chance to kill them both and explain the ominous stare from Tyrion to Jon/Dany and from Bran to Tyrion while not betraying his character.

I was completely convinced heading into this season Tyrion would turn on Dany so I have to do mental gymnastics to get the Bronn move to fit. :lol:

It was really bad... and wasn't the whole point of them going to see the dragons that they weren't eating? What happened with that?

they're not eating because they don't like the North.

it's almost as if you might have to wait a few more episodes to see how these things work their way into the story!

They were in mourning and disliked the environment. Daenerys went there to cheer them up. She wasn't exactly going to go and breastfeed them.

Euron Cersei dialogue and scene was sleezy, cheap, let's throw sex somewhere there stuff.

I don't get how Theon got to the ship to save Yara. They were all asleep there? I mean it was so piss easy.

it's almost as if you might have to wait a few more episodes to see how these things work their way into the story!
Never! The TV show is supposed to mirror the stories as they're known in the books. And for book readers, it's unreasonable to be expected to wait and see what happens.

They were in mourning and disliked the environment. Daenerys went there to cheer them up. She wasn't exactly going to go and breastfeed them.

Was that explained? Clearly I missed that... I thought it was because there wasn't much food?

Either way, taking your already hungry dragons on a joy ride doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do

So apparently you can't criticise the show on here now? I seem to recall people saying the same with The Walking Dead.

I find it bizarre that people love a TV show to the point where it feels like you're insulting their wife.

Jesus as disappointing as the opening episode was, there's no need what so ever to put it in the same sentence of the absolute shite that is the Walking Dead :wenger:

Was that explained? Clearly I missed that... I thought it was because there wasn't much food?

Either way, taking your already hungry dragons on a joy ride doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do
She's trying to cheer them up so they'll eat something. The pile of burnt carcasses in front of the dragons was just them playing with their food apparently.

"The dragons are barely eating," was the line. That implies that the quantity of food was not the issue.

Every little scene in the show shouldn't need exposition.

Euron is such a shite villain too. They could've done so much more with the character but he's basically just an arrogant twat and that's it.

If the admittedly rather boring dragon riding scene hadn't been there then a million internet critics would be whinging when Jon rides the dragon to fight later in the series; 'Oh my god, this show sucks, they expect us to believe he knew how to ride a dragon from the very first moment'.