Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is almost like they've got a direct link to some dodgy lender where they get on the phone and say "Just do me €50m real quick will pay it back when we can"
Madrid and Barca are institutions.

If not for these 2 clubs the league would be in serious trouble. They will be bringing billions in revenue for Spain in terms of tourism so it's imperative they remain relevant and attract the best players and remain competitive.

Madrid and Barca are institutions.

If not for these 2 clubs the league would be in serious trouble. They will be bringing billions in revenue for Spain in terms of tourism so it's imperative they remain relevant and attract the best players and remain competitive.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that, but when they seem to get preferential treatment and the sorts because they're "Spains biggest clubs" then I can imagine it must drive all the other clubs mad.

When you see how they're acting now, being hundreds of millions in debt but still signing players like there's no problems, it's a little frustrating

I imagine it would need FDJ to contractually agree to not receiving the deferred wages, knowing that he would then get an extra €17million signing on fee from United.

However, this just sounds like a logistic nightmare from a legal POV. Can’t imagine it working and we’re talking about a silly amount of money moving around and from different parties.

The only way this is solved is if Barcelona pay him outright what he owed so he moves on, or FDJ takes a pay cut to stay.

Edit: Barcelona would also need to agree to taking €17million less guaranteed, which messes up their FFP.

The problem isnt on our side. The problem is barca. They cant just financially sanction 17m payoff for moral obligation

Technically and legally they owe FDJ nothing

The problem is he's not technically owed anything. FDJ sees it as him being owed, but technically he agreed for a cut in his salary providing he get's an increase in his salary later on, now Barcelona is trying to get rid of him before the increase is activated.
That's also my understanding from reading many posts. If Barcelona had planned to sell FdJ from the very beginning then it's a dirty game. However, if the intention was to keep him at the club long-term I can see the logic in Barca's thinking, and FdJ singing the contract.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that, but when they seem to get preferential treatment and the sorts because they're "Spains biggest clubs" then I can imagine it must drive all the other clubs mad.

When you see how they're acting now, being hundreds of millions in debt but still signing players like there's no problems, it's a little frustrating
I don't think other clubs will mind too much. It's likely the other clubs remain relevant due to Madrid and Barca.

The problem is he's not technically owed anything. FDJ sees it as him being owed, but technically he agreed for a cut in his salary providing he get's an increase in his salary later on, now Barcelona is trying to get rid of him before the increase is activated.

Would that increase automatically happen after a certain period or would it have to be agreed upon again? I'm guessing it's the former in which case Barca don't have anything in their hands to prevent this from happening in case FdJ stays, right? Also this would explain why Barca don't want to pay him more at this moment. They aren't obliged too. Not sure how this can be resolved.

Would that increase automatically happen after a certain period or would it have to be agreed upon again? I'm guessing it's the former in which case Barca don't have anything in their hands to prevent this from happening in case FdJ stays, right?

Yes. But if they're not forcing him out. He wants to move. His lost

Which is why FDJ is in no hurry to move.. he's happy where he are anyway for the time being.

The only thing stopping the move is FDJ now. If he takes the loss he could move right now. The fee has been formally accepted. But why would he? Would you if you're in his shoes?

Yes. But if they're not forcing him out. He wants to move. His lost

Which is why FDJ is in no hurry to move.. he's happy where he are anyway for the time being.

The only thing stopping the move is FDJ now. If he takes the loss he could move right now. The fee has been formally accepted. But why would he? Would you if you're in his shoes?

If I'd get almost the same that Barca promised me at another club that actually wants me and plays me in my favourite position I probably would. I don't know the numbers though. If what Barca promised him is much higher than what I'd get anywhere else I'd probably stay too. Hard to tell.

What I don't get: I was of the impression Barca already OWE him some money? Did that turn out not to be correct then?

Either Barcelona, United or the player has to give up in a sporting sense or financially. The way I see this is Barca wants a divorce to start courting other suiters. FdJ is wanting his fair share of the money before easing off. Depending on who's needs are the most important (sporting or financial) one or all will have to compromise to a degree.

Delete that picture pal... Barca execs will be on to you ASAP! They don't need their "lever" being exposed! haha

It is almost like they've got a direct link to some dodgy lender where they get on the phone and say "Just do me €50m real quick will pay it back when we can"

:lol: :lol: I am sure these Lever Geniuses don't need any of my help. They can see a lever at every corner.

Day 10 into pre-season with Barca, and Frenkie still haven't show any love on his socials that he is happy to be back with the club. This deal is so on!

If I'd get almost the same that Barca promised me at another club that actually wants me and plays me in my favourite position I probably would. I don't know the numbers though. If what Barca promised him is much higher than what I'd get anywhere else I'd probably stay too. Hard to tell.

What I don't get: I was of the impression Barca already OWE him some money? Did that turn out not to be correct then?
Numbers look bad, originally he was on 300-350k a week he took a paycut of around 150-200k iirc, his new salary once activated will be his original 300-350 plus the 150-200k 'Owed'.

So he'll defo be on more than 550k, could be closer to 600k at Barca and he won't get that anywhere else. But yeah, the problem is technically they don't owe him but his salary will automatically go up at a certain point in time, so it's either Barca/United pay him compensation to leave or he stays put on his new salary.

Either Barcelona, United or the player has to give up in a sporting sense or financially. The way I see this is Barca wants a divorce to start courting other suiters. FdJ is wanting his fair share of the money before easing off. Depending on who's needs are the most important (sporting or financial) one or all will have to compromise to a degree.

If there is a strong will to do a deal it's very possible.

If I was a member of the negotiating team I would request each of the participants to give up a third. The figure of 5 million pounds for each party to concede is easily manageable. I am sure FdJ is well stocked. United and Barca can increase their debts. :smirk:

That sounds like BS. I mean in the end it's all about money in someone's bank account.
And if United are actually willing to pay they'll find some way for the money to flow.
Agreed. United just could add on that money on top of his agreed salary or signing fee. Nothing illegal or difficult there.

Would that increase automatically happen after a certain period or would it have to be agreed upon again? I'm guessing it's the former in which case Barca don't have anything in their hands to prevent this from happening in case FdJ stays, right? Also this would explain why Barca don't want to pay him more at this moment. They aren't obliged too. Not sure how this can be resolved.
As far as I understand, the revised terms are contractual so kick in from this season. Contract anniversary is 30th June so… now basically?

If he stays and refuses to renegotiate, there’s nothing Barca can do.

That sounds like BS. I mean in the end it's all about money in someone's bank account.
And if United are actually willing to pay they'll find some way for the money to flow.

Was thinking the same. Say we give him a sing-on bonus. But… at least according to Polish labour clode one cannot give up his wages nor holiday. I would imagine Spanish labour code is ever more strict. So there might be some serious implications preventing us from steping in and solving this for Barca.

If Barcelona had planned to sell FdJ from the very beginning then it's a dirty game. However, if the intention was to keep him at the club long-term I can see the logic in Barca's thinking, and FdJ singing the contract.

Bartomeu gave Frenkie the new contract in his last weeks/days as president. Then Laporta took over and he wants to get rid of anything Barto related. It's just an unfortunate situation for Frenkie, that the entire leadership of the club changed and with it, their sporting and financial projects. So no, of course barca didn't intend to sell him from the beginning, since everything changed after Barto's dismissal.

Reactions: Sultan
Was thinking the same. Say we give him a sing-on bonus. But… at least according to Polish labour clode one cannot give up his wages nor holiday. I would imagine Spanish labour code is ever more strict. So there might be some serious implications preventing us from steping in and solving this for Barca.

So slap the money onto the fee for Barca and have them pay it out.

Well yes and no. Basically, the way I understand it, he renegotiated his four year deal on a fixed salary to instead give him much less than his original salary over the first two years and then to be worth much more over the next two years, so that over a four-year period the total sum would be the same.

However, now that they are trying to sell him two years into that agreement Frenkie feels shafted despite agreeing to that contractual solution (believing he would not be forced out of the club during that four-year period). So technically, he isn’t really owed any money as Barca have paid him what they agreed to but it’s obvious that he’s been fecked over economically in what was an attempt by him to help them in their tough economic situation. So from what I understand he feels entitled to the difference between what he should have been paid originally and what he actually was paid.

By publicly stating his desire to stay he a) doesn’t risk forfeiting the loyalty bonus that he’s contractually entitled to should he leave, and b) is putting pressure on Barca to resolve the economic situation since his contract otherwise from this season puts Barca in a sticky situation in FFP terms, especially if they’re paying him a huge amount of money while not being essential to the manager’s plans.

Frenkie can’t sing for shit.

Technically he is owed ~€90M by Barcelona. That's the agreed amount left on his current, valid, contract. The €17M talked about are just the money he's demanding as severance pay

Well yes and no. Basically, the way I understand it, he renegotiated his four year deal on a fixed salary to instead give him much less than his original salary over the first two years and then to be worth much more over the next two years, so that over a four-year period the total sum would be the same.

However, now that they are trying to sell him two years into that agreement Frenkie feels shafted despite agreeing to that contractual solution (believing he would not be forced out of the club during that four-year period). So technically, he isn’t really owed any money as Barca have paid him what they agreed to but it’s obvious that he’s been fecked over economically in what was an attempt by him to help them in their tough economic situation. So from what I understand he feels entitled to the difference between what he should have been paid originally and what he actually was paid.

By publicly stating his desire to stay he a) doesn’t risk forfeiting the loyalty bonus that he’s contractually entitled to should he leave, and b) is putting pressure on Barca to resolve the economic situation since his contract otherwise from this season puts Barca in a sticky situation in FFP terms, especially if they’re paying him a huge amount of money while not being essential to the manager’s plans.

If that's the case then there went something seriously wrong during the negotiations on FDJ's side. You'd want a clause that provides for detailed regulations as to what happens if he leaves during the 4 year period. A solution to all of that might be some kind of bonus paid to FDJ that would cover what he thinks Barca owe him.

It's just insane how they're allowed to operate like that. It seems like they're just immune from anything and it doesn't matter how much into debt they go, they just continue doing what they do, issue free.
If i was any of the clubs or players who are owed money, i'd be furious at the fact that they're signing new players whilst not paying out on outstanding debts and agreements.

It's just crazy how they manage to get away with it.
Mes que un club??
Mess of a cub more like it!

Barca are the figurehead of a region with the mentality of wanting to be independent of their own country, to stand alone. And they get caught up in politics to boot. And Royal Madrid? The clues in the title. Remember when they were 250m in debt and sold the training ground to ‘the city’ so they could go on a galacticos buying spree.

These two clubs are intertwined so much into the Spanish budgets that they’ll always, always be bailed out. I’ve watched United play at both grounds and spent time in the cities, where you get a clear feel for how strong they are. We’ll never compete on that level until the day either our government or our royal family deem United that important to the British economy. Which of course is never happening.

Reactions: Penna
If that's the case then there went something seriously wrong during the negotiations on FDJ's side. You'd want a clause that provides for detailed regulations as to what happens if he leaves during the 4 year period. A solution to all of that might be some kind of bonus paid to FDJ that would cover what he thinks Barca owe him.
Agreed, a major feck up by his agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.