Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relevo have been pushing the Chelsea story for weeks. It’s bullshit. You aren’t spending 85m on a CM and FDJ isn’t leading ETH a merry dance who is promising him to build the entire team and project around to feck him off and join Chelsea. Pure bullshit.
i dont think we will get him, im simply stating, they are tier 1. They arent a poor source. That was all. And theyre far better than sport

Why are they tier 1?
i think they are new and hoovered up some of the top journos out there, as the athletic did. I hadnt heard of them myself so searched them on twitter a while ago, and all the spanish fans, of various clubs said theyre tier 1. They are the best, or one of

Unless we sell Kante or Jorginho we aren’t interested in FdJ. End of story.

I’ve noticed through the whole Koundé saga that us Chelsea supporters are going through that the Catalan/Spanish outlets change their stories like 3-4 times per day. It’s awful.

Oooh of course the Chelsea links appear again and of course its the ever so reliable Revelo.

If the Chelsea links were real do you not think that one of out journos here would have picked up on it? Nope they haven't... nothing at all.

Didn't work last time, probably won't this time either. Still, meltdown in 3.. 2... 1....

I’ve noticed through the whole Koundé saga that us Chelsea supporters are going through that the Catalan/Spanish outlets change their stories like 3-4 times per day. It’s awful.
Logic and reasoning has no place in this thread... its true though they have nowhere to play him unless they drop someone

Just call Barcelona’s bluff and say we’ll walk away from the deal if this isn’t settled by this week.

They’re the one who needs to fix their books to register their new signings and yet they’re just delaying and hoping that we’ll get desperate and pay off whatever they own for De Jong.

Wasnt there a few rumblings about Kante leaving earlier in the window? I mean he’s 32 this season you might be looking for his long term replacement.

What happens to Varane in that case? it seems bizarre for United to spent 50M last year on a serial winner at RM

Presumably Varane stays on the treatment table like he did much of last season. He managed 45 minutes of our first pre season game and has not been seen since which is not encouraging. I assume if he is fit then he would be first choice over Maguire but it is telling that Maguire has been moved out of Martinez's favoured position.

I figured United would play Martinez as a CDM and De Jong would be next to him in defensive phases but he'd operate further forward as a deep lying playmaker in attacking stages.

Varane and Maguire would probably be first choice CBs, with Martinez height is a non-issue for sure but I think on paper Martinez, De Jong and Fernandes would be first choice as a midfield.

McT isn't at the level he should be, Fred a good squad option and you also have Eriksen who obviously is a brilliant signing.
Martinez would be our first choice LCB for sure. Varane, Maguire and Lindelof would fight for starting spot in our RCB.

Because despite our midfield apparently being the worst midfield professional football has ever seen, the only player we can sign to improve it is FdJ?

I wish some would get their narratives lined up. We either have a collection of shit midfielders and anybody would be a step up, or we have a decent midfield which can only be improved by recruiting the very best, which FdJ allegedly is. (Not seen any evidence of it myself in the admittedly limited times I’ve seen him, but hey ho)
We have a couple of good midfielders, not great midfielders, that are played out of position and don't really compliment each other.

I don't need to line up any narratives, I've personally never been of the philosophy of just get anyone that is slightly better, we should always be striving for the top. I don't want Teliemans, I don't want Neves, because they aren't good enough for City, Liverpool or Chelsea, so to me, they're not good enough for United. If we got one of these 'atleast they're better than McFred" midfielders than we no longer have a pressing issue that needs to be dealt with, we have a sufficient midfield and won't touch it again for years.

Jorginho is getting on too. I can see why Chelsea need him but I was hoping priorities this summer would be forwards (Sterling) followed by a couple of CBs. Maybe another forward as well if you're switching to a 4-3-3 as has been rumored.

The fee has been agreed, so there's no sense in Barca trying to feck around here.

Wasnt there a few rumblings about Kante leaving earlier in the window? I mean he’s 32 this season you might be looking for his long term replacement.
As I’ve said in this forum recently in this thread and others, we will almost surely rebuild our midfield next summer when Kante and Jorginho are out of contract. I guess if they have great seasons we may even extend one or both.

I think Rice & Bellingham will be the targets, not De Jong this summer.

Fortunately it was widely reported the player isn’t interested in Chelsea (like quite a few players this summer)
Chelsea were interested then they weren't.

Look what happened last time Chelsea were interested... we had a fee agreed quickly afterwards. They're probably hoping that this time we'll sort the wages out

Signing a midfielder isn’t exactly out of the question for us, but I doubt we will. It would be prudent to sign a midfielder before we lose Jorginho or Kante next summer, so I can understand the links to FDJ and Nunes.

As I’ve said in this forum recently in this thread and others, we will almost surely rebuild our midfield next summer when Kante and Jorginho are out of contract. I guess if they have great seasons we may even extend one or both.

I think Rice & Bellingham will be the targets, not De Jong this summer.

I hope so.

i think they are new and hoovered up some of the top journos out there, as the athletic did. I hadnt heard of them myself so searched them on twitter a while ago, and all the spanish fans, of various clubs said theyre tier 1. They are the best, or one of

Makes sense then, hopefully they are more a reliable source then the others.

What have Barca to gain by getting us to “hurry up” anymore? haven't we already agreed a fee so… this is being held up by a player not wanting to lose a shit tonne of money and a club not wanting to pay and possible the player not being totally convinced about the idea of coming here if he can work out a deal with Barca.

Doesn't mean they're super reliable though. Depends on who's reporting it I suppose... but because its negative ita super reliable I suppose.

Again they're going with the De Jong hates United stance even though he's never ever said that

What have Barca to gain by getting us to “hurry up” anymore? haven't we already agreed a fee so… this is being held up by a player not wanting to lose a shit tonne of money and a club not wanting to pay and possible the player not being totally convinced about the idea of coming here if he can work out a deal with Barca.
A month's wages, which is apparently quite a bit of money

If they get him and they're selling I'd take any of Kanté/Jorginho/Kovacic in a heartbeat.

They're also well stocked as it is so it'd be weird on their part but they used to stock up on wingers the same way recently

Feels like Groundhog Day now, in two days we will probably hear that we have agreed a fee with Barcelona.

So here I am sat in the garden sweating my moobs off, and something just occurred to me. (Disclaimer: this may be so off the mark I’ll look as stupid as Dianne Abbott on 99% of interviews)

What if this is actually done on all aspects. In an ideal world FdJ’s fee and loss of salary would benefit Barcelona if it is after the 30th of July when they submit their figures and potentially their 1:3 restrictions are removed. Maybe, and I mean maybe, there is an agreement that nothing will be announced until then. That would explain the severe lack of news on all fronts.

Probably me clutching, but who knows.

I've always said Chelsea going for De Jong makes sense. Even spending 80M on him isn't crazy if they just keep Colwill instead of buying one more expensive CB. Tuchel needs his midfielders to play in tight spaces and De Jong is fantastic in that regard. I think he and Kovacic would have a great next 5 years together in front of a back 3.

Barça already knows that Chelsea is preparing a formal proposal for Frenkie de Jong.

In the last few hours, from London they have expressed their firm desire to sign the Dutchman.

Manchester does not seduce the player, neither sportingly nor personally.

Signal: united we want more cash to settle with FGJ

If they get him and they're selling I'd take any of Kanté/Jorginho/Kovacic in a heartbeat.

They're also well stocked as it is so it'd be weird on their part but they used to stock up on wingers the same way recently
Also got Gallagher
Kova and Gallagher are untouchables. Think if the right offer came in the club would probably listen to offers for Kante and Jorginho. Not to a direct top 4 rival, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.