Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

That would make sense, but this is Barca were on about. They'd use that extra €8.5m and put it towards another signing rather than what we intended it for.

I know United are in it for the long haul, but surely they'll want to hurry things along soon

This thread needs to be taken down now. He’s not coming we should just forget about him, especially as he’s already pledged his allegiance to Barca despite being owed a fortune by them in deferred wages. He doesn’t want to move to Utd end of story.
This is your stop, but it’s not the last station.

you did well but unfortunately this year you haven’t made it to level “muppet”. Reapply next year

The problem is that the deferred wages are part of future earnings. So in Barca (Laporte's head) if they get him out, they don't owe him shit.

you did well but unfortunately this year you haven’t made it to level “muppet”. Reapply next year
To be a muppet, one must persevere with the good, the bad and the down right god damn shitshow of a transfer saga.

Only when one has been through that, they can then call themself a true muppet.

Is it really? Deferred wages are what they owe him for the past 2 years.

It's due to be paid across the rest of his contract. There's also a loyalty bonus in there that he'd be owed if he stays.

It's due to be paid across the rest of his contract. There's also a loyalty bonus in there that he'd be owed if he stays.
Yeah I’m sure there is a clause in there that states he is owed that €17m even if he leaves. If they didn’t thats Frenkie’s agent and his lawyers fault. It will not be right on Barcas part but if it’s true they were shrewd.

I personally believe Xavi doesn't rate Frenkie for the role he wants him to play and would rather sell the player to buy Bernardo Silva. Currently, with Kessie/Gavi for that role, they will offer the same as Frenkie but for half of the wage price. Pedri is our best midfielder when fit so he's a guaranteed start. Busquets is still the DM although he is declining (we will need a replacement very soon). I think the club saw Frenkie as a potential Busquets replacement but he's proven he can't play there and hasn't shown enough imo to warrant a formation change to suit him. He for sure isn't worth the wages Bartomeu gave him, as with many of the players signed under him.

Doesn't mean he's not a top player but he's been very inconsistent at Barca, a move is best for all parties. I think many on this forum are overrating him a bit and much of his hype is still coming from that Ajax CL run, he isn't the total solution for midfield and you would still probably need another DM to play next to him. Current Fred/McT won't get the best out of Frenkie but EtH is a great manager so perhaps they improve.

Great take. May I drill down into what seems to me the key question?

I think the club saw Frenkie as a potential Busquets replacement but he's proven he can't play there...

It appears that ETH has in mind playing FDJ in the Busquets role, but if he's been less than fully impressive in that role for Barcelona it's reasonable to question whether he would be impressive in that role for United in what many regard as a more demanding league. You've argued that we would need a DM to play next to Frenkie, yet unless ETH has in mind playing Martinez as a DM it looks unlikely that Frenkie will have a DM playing next to him. What are your thoughts on how ETH might use FDJ, and, based on your observation of Frenkie at Barcelona whether he could successfully transition to PL football?

I think the club saw Frenkie as a potential Busquets replacement but he's proven he can't play there...

It appears that ETH has in mind playing FDJ in the Busquets role, but if he's been less than fully impressive in that role for Barcelona it's reasonable to question whether he would be impressive in that role for United in what many regard as a more demanding league. You've argued that we would need a DM to play next to Frenkie, yet unless ETH has in mind playing Martinez as a DM it looks unlikely that Frenkie will have a DM playing next to him. What are your thoughts on how ETH might use FDJ, and, based on your observation of Frenkie at Barcelona whether he could successfully transition to PL football?
It's possible Barca bought him for that but don't see it as his role.

Not watched a lot of Barca recently admittedly but I saw Busquets as a pure Def mid/a screen for the back four as needed.

FDJ is more of an attacking 6?

This thread needs to be taken down now. He’s not coming we should just forget about him, especially as he’s already pledged his allegiance to Barca despite being owed a fortune by them in deferred wages. He doesn’t want to move to Utd end of story.
Thread ban. Put us it of his misery!

Last edited:

I figured United would play Martinez as a CDM and De Jong would be next to him in defensive phases but he'd operate further forward as a deep lying playmaker in attacking stages.

Varane and Maguire would probably be first choice CBs, with Martinez height is a non-issue for sure but I think on paper Martinez, De Jong and Fernandes would be first choice as a midfield.

McT isn't at the level he should be, Fred a good squad option and you also have Eriksen who obviously is a brilliant signing.

Yeah I’m sure there is a clause in there that states he is owed that €17m even if he leaves. If they didn’t thats Frenkie’s agent and his lawyers fault. It will not be right on Barcas part but if it’s true they were shrewd.

The breakdown of his deal was in Marca. I believe the 17 million is what he's already had deferred. He extended his deal by two years with the deferred wages and loyalty to be paid across the rest of the contract.

marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2022/07/05/62c3ebb146163fc10d8b4588.html

The breakdown of his deal was in Marca. I believe the 17 million is what he's already had deferred. He extended his deal by two years with the deferred wages and loyalty to be paid across the rest of the contract.

marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2022/07/05/62c3ebb146163fc10d8b4588.html
Absolute stupidity on his part if so.

I figured United would play Martinez as a CDM and De Jong would be next to him in defensive phases but he'd operate further forward as a deep lying playmaker in attacking stages.

Varane and Maguire would probably be first choice CBs, with Martinez height is a non-issue for sure but I think on paper Martinez, De Jong and Fernandes would be first choice as a midfield.

McT isn't at the level he should be, Fred a good squad option and you also have Eriksen who obviously is a brilliant signing.

Both ETH and Martinez have openly stated he is coming here to play as a defender and not in midfield. We are moving Harry to RCB as seen in the last couple of games to accommodate Martinez at LCB.

I think Ten Hag knows Frenkies limitations in that regard. He sees FDJ as his holding midfielder and didn't play him alongside a recognised DM.

Ajax outplayed Juventus, Real Madrid and Spurs (despite the result)

We are talking about two different managers with different systems and different results featuring FDJ. The one that achieved relative success with him probably knows how to get the best out of him and this point of convention isn't really a thing.

Barça already knows that Chelsea is preparing a formal proposal for Frenkie de Jong.

In the last few hours, from London they have expressed their firm desire to sign the Dutchman.

Manchester does not seduce the player, neither sportingly nor personally.

Both ETH and Martinez have openly stated he is coming here to play as a defender and not in midfield. We are moving Harry to RCB as seen in the last couple of games to accommodate Martinez at LCB.

What happens to Varane in that case? it seems bizarre for United to spent 50M last year on a serial winner at RM

Barça already knows that Chelsea is preparing a formal proposal for Frenkie de Jong.

In the last few hours, from London they have expressed their firm desire to sign the Dutchman.

:lol:

Hope this an attempt to feck with United

It’s the transfer version of the Trans-Siberian railway to Vladivostok. Lots of hostile territory to traverse and not for the faint hearted

God imagine the meltdown :lol: and that's just from me.

relevo are tier 1. Sport are shit. Mundo are decent, hit and miss
Relevo have been pushing the Chelsea story for weeks. It’s bullshit. You aren’t spending 85m on a CM and FDJ isn’t leading ETH a merry dance who is promising him to build the entire team and project around to feck him off and join Chelsea. Pure bullshit.

I dont think im exaggerating in saying I might actually die if this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.