Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but the issue is him losing 24m euros in wages should he join us. Barcelona will want us to pay him more so they can pay him less.
They wouldn't of agreed a fee if they wanted more

Suspect this could be a ploy to make us pay the whole fee guaranteed with no add ons and I can see Utd doing it

agreed in principle; given how they are with settling Fdj contract do you really think they’ll not come back to negotiate higher? Rolls eyes
No that's not what is happening. Where have you pulled that story from?

Signal: united we want more cash to settle with FGJ
Really annoys me how they use the whole he doesn't like manchester either as s living destination or a sporting one, bit he's never said or implied that.

Thats what makes me think its all BS. This is 2 weeks ago all over again. Same paper said that in the last hours Chelsea reaffirmed their solid interest and were ready to make a bid. Never happened

We've discussed the financial angles extensively, and Barcelona's new signings, but another aspect of this saga is whether Frenkie fits into Xavi's tactical plans. Do Barca fans here really see FDJ as surplus to requirements, or more importantly, whether you Barca fans believe that Xavi believes that Frenkie is surplus to his requirements?

No, Frenkie is a great player and in United he can be a box-to-box midfielder. He has improved his attacking play a lot since he came to Barca. In Ajax and the first year in Barca he was more of a defensive midfielder with extremely good ball control.
I'm sure that Barca isn't selling FDJ because of him being surplus to requirements. He is a great player even though you can make an argument for him not living up to the pricetag and potential. But he sure is amongst the top 20% of Barcas new transfers the last 4 seasons, but as you all know the competition hasn't actually been that hard.

If Barca were to play with their best team, FDJ would be the first I pick on the midfield. He is the most allround of the four midfielders. But the thing is Busquets, Pedri and Gavi is almost as good and all of them comes from La masia which is a big plus when rebuilding the team.
Since Pedri is just 19 and Gavi only 17 it makes a lot of sense having a midield of three players starting for spain and where the latter two have enormous potential. Pedri is on 180K a week and Gavi on 4K a week which obviously has to be renegotiated but will not be close to FDJ:s 307K.

In another era FDJ would have been a Barca player the rest of his career but even though I like him a lot it would be best for Barca if he leaves. Would hate to see him not getting his money though since I think Barca should honor their contracts.
Barca has made the best transfer window in decades and they are going to be a contender for CL next year, They have great potential if the squad is injuryfree which we also saw in the 4-0 win away against RM last year.

Reactions: Penna
They wouldn't of agreed a fee if they wanted more
They don’t want more. They don’t want to pay FDJ anything to leave. FDJ stays at Barcelona he gets 88m euros in the next 4 years due to wages increasing from deferral - he joins us he gets 64m euros. One solution is Barcelona pay him a package to leave - another is we pay FDJ more wages - another is FDJ agrees to leave for less money. Barcelona obviously want the latter options - it’s all a game of poker.

They don’t want more. They don’t want to pay FDJ anything to leave. FDJ stays at Barcelona he gets 88m euros in the next 4 years due to wages increasing from deferral - he joins us he gets 64m euros. One solution is Barcelona pay him a package to leave - another is we pay FDJ more wages - another is FDJ agrees to leave for less money. Barcelona obviously want the latter options - it’s all a game of poker.
Well according to @Figgins (rolls eyes) they have come back renegotiating for more

Give it an hour and Sport will be all over this one. Absolutely no one in the UK has reported this and you'd think that some Chelsea journos would have gotten wind of this long before some Spanish guys did.

Wow I feel like we've seen this shit before

have? Where did I say have? Don’t misrepresent what I said or implied
You implied this was the case and then smugly wrote rolls eyes like I should know this is the case

So here I am sat in the garden sweating my moobs off, and something just occurred to me. (Disclaimer: this may be so off the mark I’ll look as stupid as Dianne Abbott on 99% of interviews)

What if this is actually done on all aspects. In an ideal world FdJ’s fee and loss of salary would benefit Barcelona if it is after the 30th of July when they submit their figures and potentially their 1:3 restrictions are removed. Maybe, and I mean maybe, there is an agreement that nothing will be announced until then. That would explain the severe lack of news on all fronts.

Probably me clutching, but who knows.
Interesting theory. Thanks for that Diane….

Nope you interpret in that way rather than a scenario that some might exclude
Ok so now we are on the same page and barca haven't asked for more money shall we adress your original post that said they was baiting is to up our bid?
Signal: united we want more cash to settle with FGJ

No, Frenkie is a great player and in United he can be a box-to-box midfielder. He has improved his attacking play a lot since he came to Barca. In Ajax and the first year in Barca he was more of a defensive midfielder with extremely good ball control.
I'm sure that Barca isn't selling FDJ because of him being surplus to requirements. He is a great player even though you can make an argument for him not living up to the pricetag and potential. But he sure is amongst the top 20% of Barcas new transfers the last 4 seasons, but as you all know the competition hasn't actually been that hard.

If Barca were to play with their best team, FDJ would be the first I pick on the midfield. He is the most allround of the four midfielders. But the thing is Busquets, Pedri and Gavi is almost as good and all of them comes from La masia which is a big plus when rebuilding the team.
Since Pedri is just 19 and Gavi only 17 it makes a lot of sense having a midield of three players starting for spain and where the latter two have enormous potential. Pedri is on 180K a week and Gavi on 4K a week which obviously has to be renegotiated but will not be close to FDJ:s 307K.

In another era FDJ would have been a Barca player the rest of his career but even though I like him a lot it would be best for Barca if he leaves. Would hate to see him not getting his money though since I think Barca should honor their contracts.
Barca has made the best transfer window in decades and they are going to be a contender for CL next year, They have great potential if the squad is injuryfree which we also saw in the 4-0 win away against RM last year.
IF the holdup is the money owed why do you think Barca aren’t paying it? Or does he really not want to go?

Ok so now we are on the same page and barca haven't asked for more money shall we adress your original post that said they was baiting is to up our bid?

no need to address anything that is a hypothetical scenario

So here I am sat in the garden sweating my moobs off, and something just occurred to me. (Disclaimer: this may be so off the mark I’ll look as stupid as Dianne Abbott on 99% of interviews)

What if this is actually done on all aspects. In an ideal world FdJ’s fee and loss of salary would benefit Barcelona if it is after the 30th of July when they submit their figures and potentially their 1:3 restrictions are removed. Maybe, and I mean maybe, there is an agreement that nothing will be announced until then. That would explain the severe lack of news on all fronts.

Probably me clutching, but who knows.
Why would it benefit them to delay the deal until they have to "submit their figures"? The figures will be the same, no?

Some of the certainty displayed on this thread is really quite impressive. I’d love to know what it feels like to pull together strands of information from the media, form an opinion, and then be unapologetically absolutely certain that that opinion is right!

Barca has to lower their wage bill to register new signings. Easiest way to do that is to get de Jong off the books. It really looks like Barca trying to get United to pay de Jong’s owed wages.

Until a journo associated with Chelsea starts running the story, it is a Barca scare tactic.

IF the holdup is the money owed why do you think Barca aren’t paying it? Or does he really not want to go?

I feel like they are wanting to get all the players they want before letting him go, they need to balance the books by July 30th I believe? or some date I don't remember.

Barca has to lower their wage bill to register new signings. Easiest way to do that is to get de Jong off the books. It really looks like Barca trying to get United to pay de Jong’s owed wages.

Until a journo associated with Chelsea starts running the story, it is a Barca scare tactic.

United already raised their offer by £6-8 million so I don't see United raising that offer again. The fee is agreed, I think that Barca just have some dominoes to line up first and then they'll pay him.

I'm 80% the signing will happen but that's a gut feeling nothing else.

They are not at their deadline yet so they are not losing anything by playing hardball and they obviously would love it if he left some money on the table. There also appears to be some connection to when the money from selling the tv rights hits their accounts as it seems the fee for Frenkie would be largely eaten up servicing debt if it completes before they get the tv money. Why it matters which money they use for their debt I don't know but their accounting practices would bamboozle Einstein so who knows.

Yeah

They aren't paying it imo because they don't owe it. When frankie signed a new contract with what he'd earn over the 4 years he fecked himself. Now his wage hits high notes and they want to sell, but frankie is obviously like hold on, I did this for you when I didn't have to and have lost out on x amount of euros. Barca being the fecks they are simply just probably saying you signed the contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.