Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't want to come. What part of that are people finding it so hard to understand.

Regardless of what his employer does the player doesnt want to be at United.

We've been negotiating with Barcelona for months at this point.

The player has been in contact with ETH.

Several reputable sources have said he is open to the move.

Him being happy at Barca doesn't mean that he doesn't want to go anywhere else. As soon as his €17m is sorted, he's coming to United.

What part of that are people finding it so hard to understand.

Says someone who doesn't understand the situation himself it seems. :lol:

Don't believe the Barcelona propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

It's inconceivable to me that Lewandowski has taken a paycut to join an inferior team it just doesn't add up.

With Lewandowski there is the fact that he had 1 year remaining at Bayern and the deal with Barca is for 3 years so he might have taken a small reduction this season for the longer deal as Bayern had indicated they were going to likely go year to year with him and possibly reduce his salary also. If I was him though I would be worried that after 1 year Barca will be knocking on my door asking me to reduce my salary by 40% out of loyalty to the club so they can go an sign Jude Bellingham or whoever, it is just what they do.

He doesn't want to come. What part of that are people finding it so hard to understand.

Regardless of what his employer does the player doesnt want to be at United.
I think the part you are finding difficult to understand is it only takes one phone call or message from FDJ or his agent directly to Utd to say “There’s no chance I’m coming.” At that point Utd would withdraw their bid and look elsewhere. Or does that make too much sense?

Don't believe the Barcelona propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

It's inconceivable to me that Lewandowski has taken a paycut to join an inferior team it just doesn't add up.
He will be 34 when season starts and has a 3 year contract, it's a bit difficult to compare it to Bayern contract that was about to expire in 12 months. Agent fees quoted were quite massive as well, but those should probably be taken with massive scepticism.

With Lewandowski there is the fact that he had 1 year remaining at Bayern and the deal with Barca is for 3 years so he might have taken a small reduction this season for the longer deal as Bayern had indicated they were going to likely go year to year with him and possibly reduce his salary also. If I was him though I would be worried that after 1 year Barca will be knocking on my door asking me to reduce my salary by 40% out of loyalty to the club so they can go an sign Jude Bellingham or whoever, it is just what they do.
I agree completely there.
If the money from the levers dries up and they find themselves in the same situation as this year, theres no doubt that they'll be knocking on his and Raphinha door and telling them how it is and how they have to take a 40% pay cut to help the club. I wonder how Lewandowski would handle that? Would it be a screw that situation and a transfer request handed in?

There’s just no way Barca can sign Kessie, Christensen, Rapinha, Lewandowski and keep De Jong.. or am I missing something?

It will be activated in a few days I think. In any case they do need "healthy money" and to sell some of their players of which Frenkie is most valuable while still replacable within the team.

The problem is that it doesn't seem Barcelona is contractually obligated to pay his deffered wages if transfer happens (pure negligence on Frenkie's agent part), so normally they will try to make that sum as low as possible.

Frankie is about to enter the period where his biggest salary kicks in, so he will just go on with it if he doesn't get the money. Even if he receives the offer, he might say no and go with the current contract. The chances that Barcelona will freeze their most valuable asset for a year are close to zero and he will be again on the market next season. This part goes against the logic of us still chasing him, but you never know.

Something has to give and logic tells you it is Barcelona paying and pushing him out of the door as they will still get a big amount from our fee. Then again, the feckers might activate their 4th leverage (or whatever they call this fraudulence they are pulling off) in 10 days and go with de Jong into the season. Maybe sell some other assets (Memphis, Puig, Mingueza...).

Two things are certain imo.
Barcelona have ways to go on into the season without selling de Jong and it's a shitshow.

This saga has become almost mythical now. That tweet from United finally announcing him will be like finding the holy grail.

I won't quite believe it will happen even when his name is on the team sheet.

It will be activated in a few days I think. In any case they do need "healthy money" and to sell some of their players of which Frenkie is most valuable while still replacable within the team.

The problem is that it doesn't seem Barcelona is contractually obligated to pay his deffered wages if transfer happens (pure negligence on Frenkie's agent part), so normally they will try to make that sum as low as possible.

Frankie is about to enter the period where his biggest salary kicks in, so he will just go on with it if he doesn't get the money. Even if he receives the offer, he might say no and go with the current contract. The chances that Barcelona will freeze their most valuable asset for a year are close to zero and he will be again on the market next season. This part goes against the logic of us still chasing him, but you never know.

Something has to give and logic tells you it is Barcelona paying and pushing him out of the door as they will still get a big amount from our fee. Then again, the feckers might activate their 4th leverage (or whatever they call this fraudulence they are pulling off) in 10 days and go with de Jong into the season. Maybe sell some other assets (Memphis, Puig, Mingueza...).

Barcelona have ways to go on into the season without selling de Jong and it's a shitshow.

The thing is, they'd struggle to pay him the amount he's due for this year, so i don't know how they'd overcome it.
They literally can't afford his contract, and i don't know if the lever actually helps them there. Plus they say they can register all players, but does that mean players including signings made up to now, or all signings made this summer? They still want Kounde and Silva by all accounts, and i've no idea how they're going to afford it

This saga has become almost mythical now. That tweet from United finally announcing him will be like finding the holy grail.

I won't quite believe it will happen even when his name is on the team sheet.
Don’t hold your breath.

What are these Levers? Sounds like number fiddling by some creative accountant to me…
Selling off TV rights, merchandising rights etc if i understand correctly. Basically a very short term fix for a long term problem which will likely cost them hundreds of millions in the long run.
Pretty pointless really but keeps them going for a while

That's not certain at all, no one other than Barcelona themselves know that and that would still mean having to pay him a huge salary increase without getting a transfer fee for him.

One of my earliest United memories was when I was 5. My uncle turns up with a random perfectly wrapped present for me.

I open it up, super excited, expecting Pogs or a Yo-Yo or something. Instead it's 3 Yorkie bars and a Coca Cola mug. Took me a minute to realise York had just smashed us 3-0 in the Coca Cola Cup a day earlier.

I literally cried and ran away. Couldn't handle the bantz.
Sad times.
How good is this guy anyway?
He’s alright.

Or Garner, he's more experienced.

Yeah, true. I suppose I've not seen him in this new EtH team. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing Garner play in this team. Just not too sure as a deep lying midfielder.

Yeah, true. I suppose I've not seen him in this new EtH team. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing Garner play in this team. Just not too sure as a deep lying midfielder.
Seems to be back in training so you might get him second half. I think the first half teams are the ones he sees most likely to start the first game (of what he has on tour). Makes sense that he gets players gelling together, especially in the style he wants.

I'm think he'll have been ahead of Savage if it wasn't for the knock he suffered.

The thing is, they'd struggle to pay him the amount he's due for this year, so i don't know how they'd overcome it.
They literally can't afford his contract, and i don't know if the lever actually helps them there. Plus they say they can register all players, but does that mean players including signings made up to now, or all signings made this summer? They still want Kounde and Silva by all accounts, and i've no idea how they're going to afford it

Yeah, am not sure they can make any more signings. Still, the way they went on signing Lewandowski worries me that they can pull the necessary money if needed.

Also, by reports they need to give de Jong 17 million plus loyalty bonus which would take the sum close to 25 million. If true, that's more money then his contract is worth next year.
Sure, they also get our transfer fee, but it isn't so clearcut as it seems, especially as it looks like they are not obligated to pay those deffered wages. If they can find money elsewhere, they might keep and sell him next season.

The most relaxed person, despite all the mess, is de Jong here. He is about to get a lot of money one way or the other.

That's not certain at all, no one other than Barcelona themselves know that and that would still mean having to pay him a huge salary increase without getting a transfer fee for him.

They can sell some other players and they are already considering 3rd and 4th leverage.

(Of course, de Jong sale looks like the best "getaway")

Therefore, as “Mundo Deportivo” informs, Barca is also planning to launch a third “lever”, which would be the sale of 49.9% of shares in Barca Studios, responsible, inter alia, for the club TV Barca TV. This would bring the runners-up of Spain another 50 million euros. Barca’s vice-president for economic affairs, Eduard Romeu, for this reason did not fly with the team to the USA. In addition, Juli Guiu, vice president of marketing, was also to add to the daily that the club is negotiating with 17 companies on various additional agreements, including with NFT and tokens.

At the socios meeting in June, the management of FC Barcelona also received approval to sell 49.9% of the shares in Barca Licensing & Merchandising, responsible for the sale and licensing of souvenirs. She would receive between 250 and 300 million euros for this, but as long as possible the club would like to avoid this step, considering it as a last resort.

It's Barcelona, wouldn't put past them to dig even deeper, although 4th one would be pretty much suicide in the long run.

Yeah, agreed.

EtH has been talking up Iqbal. I really do wonder if he will stick around?!
Iqbal would probably start the season in the U23s and hopefully he'll get first team minutes in Uel and cup games, Garner on the other hand needs more guarantees as I don't think he'll settle for just that.

Seriously dude, give it a rest.
You have 1.700 posts in this thread. Twice as many as the second poster on the list.

The thread is growing extremely fast making it difficult to actually find the interesting bits.
Should have your name changed to bottom after a post like that

Yeah, am not sure they can make any more signings. Still, the way they went on signing Lewandowski worries me that they can pull the necessary money if needed.

Also, by reports they need to give de Jong 17 million plus loyalty bonus which would take the sum close to 25 million. If true, that's significantly more money then his contract is worth next year.
Sure, they also get our transfer fee, but it isn't so clearcut as it seems, especially as it looks like they are not obligated to pay those deffered wages. If they can find money elsewhere, they might keep and sell him next season.

The most relaxed person, despite all the mess, is de Jong here. He is about to get a lot of money one way or the other.

They can sell some other players and they are already considering 3rd and 4th leverage.

(Of course, de Jong sale looks like the best "getaway")

It's Barcelona, wouldn't put past them to dig even deeper, although 4th one would be pretty much suicide in the long run.
Jesus... They're destroying their future. I didn't realise that Barca was in that bad of a mess. 10 years from now, god knows where they're going to be.

Jesus... They're destroying their future. I didn't realise that Barca was in that bad of a mess. 10 years from now, god knows where they're going to be.

Laporta doesn't care. In 10 years time it will be someone else's shit to deal with while he will go for trophies now.

Iqbal would probably start the season in the U23s and hopefully he'll get first team minutes in Uel and cup games, Garner on the other hand needs more guarantees as I don't think he'll settle for just that.

Yeah, would agree with this, especially if FdJ comes. But something just tells me Iqbal will be involved quite a lot...especially if he performs well for the rest of preseason.

Laporta doesn't care. In 10 years time it will be someone else's shit to deal with while he will go for trophies now.
The club truly is an absolute mess. It's a shame really, because at the end of the day, it's the players that are going to suffer with the endless pay cuts

Yeah, would agree with this, especially if FdJ comes. But something just tells me Iqbal will be involved quite a lot...especially if he performs well for the rest of preseason.
I would love that I'm a bigger fan, we shouldn't underestimate ETH ability to integrate youth and get the best out of them, he has a rich CV of achieving that from his time at Ajax.

So what i take from overnight interviews is.....FDJ or BUST :devil::devil:

Get on the train folks, all you neves and Tielemans folks have to accept he doesn't want mediocre wasted money.

FDJ OR BUST!!!!!!!

No one is spending money like Barça is right now, and they are the one in big financial trouble. It makes no sense.

Wait until the LaLiga ffp hammer comes down, things might not work out for them how they thought. Last year they thought they could keep Messi, but they couldn‘t.

There is only so much money they can pull out of their magic arse, before all comes crashing down.

Frenkie will make more than double than the next highest earner there if reports are accurate. That will be great for team spirit won‘t it?

We just sit tight and see what happens, and be ready to pounce on Frenkie.

The player doesn’t want to come, his current club have zero intention or need to do the only thing that would make it slightly possible. Yet we’re 870 pages in and the manager has already started saying mctominay and Fred are enough :lol::lol::lol:

The player doesn’t want to come, his current club have zero intention or need to do the only thing that would make it slightly possible. Yet we’re 870 pages in and the manager has already started saying mctominay and Fred are enough :lol::lol::lol:
He hasn't though, he's said the opposite. We either buy someone with that specific profile or we'd have to coach someone in the squad to play the role he wants.

This one is dead in the water. Dunno how but guess FDJ bond to Barcelona is stronger than to ETH.

at this point I wont be surprised if Barca find a new lever mortgaging the stadium and selling the naming rights of the club

Status
Not open for further replies.