Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t want to move is the be all and end all. Utd are banking on it unsettling him and hoping he will be ostracised if he doesn’t agree to Barce’s sale, with him finally giving in and moving. It’s risky as like I said if Barce didn’t want to sell there would be no chance he would take it upon himself to request a move.

Eriksen can‘t play the 6 role and there is no one who is like Frenkie at the moment. If Frenkie isn‘t coming we will need to pivot.

In a midfield you want a good balance of offensive and defensive attributes. A midfield of FdJ, Eriksen and Bruno would be not great.

One of Fred and McTominay is nailed on as a destroyer/ball winning midfielder. Fred/McT Eriksen and Bruno would be good.

Ideally we‘ll move for another 6 who is a playmaker, and eventually one of the youngsters could step in the role.

Reactions: Fortitude
Seriously dude, give it a rest.
You have 1.700 posts in this thread. Twice as many as the second poster on the list.

The thread is growing extremely fast making it difficult to actually find the interesting bits.

The man is after some personal recognition this summer.

A bit like Ronaldo.

Showing your age mate, it’s clearly the Coca Cola cup :wenger: :lol:

One of my earliest United memories was when I was 5. My uncle turns up with a random perfectly wrapped present for me.

I open it up, super excited, expecting Pogs or a Yo-Yo or something. Instead it's 3 Yorkie bars and a Coca Cola mug. Took me a minute to realise York had just smashed us 3-0 in the Coca Cola Cup a day earlier.

I literally cried and ran away. Couldn't handle the bantz.

One of my earliest United memories was when I was 5. My uncle turns up with a random perfectly wrapped present for me.

I open it up, super excited, expecting Pogs or a Yo-Yo or something. Instead it's 3 Yorkie bars and a Coca Cola mug. Took me a minute to realise York had just smashed us 3-0 in the Coca Cola Cup a day earlier. I literally cried and ran away. Couldn't handle the bantz.
What a guy :lol:

ETH sent a great message to Frenkie by telling him that is no one but him. This is the total opposite of what the Barcelona board is saying to him which is just " leave" .

Say, why has your tagline changed from something about De Jong (what was it?) to Muppet King? I guess it's to give it longevity beyond this window, right? Just in case we don't reel 'em in, mm?
It wasn't me that changed it mate.

It did say Frenkie says relax. I also did not set that!

ETH sent a great message to Frenkie by telling him that is no one but him. This is the total opposite of what the Barcelona board is saying to him which is just " leave" .

Works wonders with girls too. Running after one that already told you she is out of your league always works a charm.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think Iqbal will play more than a handful of minutes

It's always the same. I remember when people waxed lyrical about Pereira because he looked half a footballer during pre season for a couple of years.

Give it time lads. The youngsters aren't ready at all yet.

That’s a bit of a stretch don’t you think? You have more confidence in kids to play such a high number of games then count on McFred?

I don’t get how some of us are happy to have a coach like ETH but then we go and write off players before he’s even had a go at them. I can assure you our entire squad will show improvements. Some marginal some drastic but they all certainly will.
No doubt about it because first and foremost they will be fitter than they have been for quite a while.
Looks like we have finally got a coach in that is giving the team direction.

Absolutely, he won't stick his neck on the line for transfer stuff so if he's saying it's probable then it's just a matter of time.
he hasn't really put his neck on the line he's said it's probable. He said he thought a deal would be done with vidal too.

It will be funny / tragic when we again see our new shiny defenders get totally exposed whilst our midfield is unable to get hold off the game. We must to have plan b / c in place regarding other targets.
You just repeated what devilish said, just a bit differently. Thanks for that.

Please keep the thread title updated to the current state of affairs

"Frenkie de Jong | Player would leave Barca only for Bayern"

Firstly, Frenkies wage is that high because they defered the wages and will compensate by increase wages. So why would Barca pay him his 17m if they wont pay his wage? Its the same thing, the reason they want to get rid is because they dont want to pay the 17m.

Secondly, there is plenty of evidence that Frenkie wants to stay. 1. they have accepted a fee for a transfer and as it is, it seems like he is not entertaining Manutd, otherwise there would be discussions on personal terms. 2. After the way Barca treating him, his main priority is to stay.

So it is clear apart from the caf that he wants to stay.
This doesn’t make sense. Frenkies contracted wages are high because that’s what the club agreed when they signed him. The last 2 years he’s not been receiving what he contractually should have. Hence, what is owed to him is the deferred wages.

Poor way of thinking. Yes there are plenty of better players than McTominay but that does not make them good enough for us and it is a waste of money to buy a player who will need upgrading in the next window. Rebuilds require patience.

It’s not a poor way of thinking at all. Our current midfield options are not good enough. A midfielder that can pick the ball up from deep and pass it forward rather than sideways and backwards would infinitely improve us.

If we get someone that helps to get us top four and then becomes a quality squad player the following season will be seen as great business.

@Berbaclass talk of the devils should be interesting this week if Mitten is out there giving interview's about de Jong probably coming :D

Status
Not open for further replies.