Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
he hasn't really put his neck on the line he's said it's probable. He said he thought a deal would be done with vidal too.

I've no clue about Vidal, I wasn't on here. I wasn't saying he was sticking his neck on the line. He doesn't do that so if he's saying it's probable that's as strong as he's likely to go on any rumour.

It’s not a poor way of thinking at all. Our current midfield options are not good enough. A midfielder that can pick the ball up from deep and pass it forward rather than sideways and backwards would infinitely improve us.

If we get someone that helps to get us top four and then becomes a quality squad player the following season will be seen as great business.

Clearly we don't think the available options are enough of an upgrade to warrant spending money on though. I have not really seen any credible alternatives mentioned that would actually perform the role the way the Manager wants and it is perfectly ok for him to feel he can improve someone currently in the squad. Maybe the magical unicorn that is Donny will finally find a role deployed deep with the tutelage of his old boss, perhaps Hannibal will be a revelation played there or maybe after 60+ games for Forest Garner is ready to kick on. FDJ was a nobody when Erik gave him that role at Ajax, the answer is not always to throw money at every problem.

There’s just no way Barca can sign Kessie, Christensen, Rapinha, Lewandowski and keep De Jong.. or am I missing something?

I think he Will come before the window close. EtH can’t be fooled to go into new season with McFred and youngsters. Matic and Pogba is gone and we need a replacement. If we have to pay over the top, then so be it!

i’ve never been convinced by him. he looks like the cool surfer kid’s dweeby brother who ends up embarrassing himself when his brother throws a killer spring break party at their parent’s beach hut.
I'm pretty sure all their levers are chapped at this point.

There’s just no way Barca can sign Kessie, Christensen, Rapinha, Lewandowski and keep De Jong.. or am I missing something?

I think he Will come before the window close. EtH can’t be fooled to go into new season with McFred and youngsters. Matic and Pogba is gone and we need a replacement. If we have to pay over the top, then so be it!

He doesn't want to come. What part of that are people finding it so hard to understand.

Regardless of what his employer does the player doesnt want to be at United.

He doesn't want to come. What part of that are people finding it so hard to understand.

You just made that up, show me where he ever said he does not want to be at United?

He has mentioned wanting to stay but as thousands of previous posts have mentioned he is locked in a death struggle with Barca as they try to screw him out of 17M Euros. The minute Laporta writes the check for his back pay he will be out of there like a rocket.

How do you know whats said in private? Whats said in private and whats put out to the public is two different things
Pretty sure i've said this so many times today. We don't know what EtH and de Jong has spoken about it private or what de Jong has told EtH

A few days ago he wanted to come apperently. But Barca owe him Around €20mill in wages. If he hand in a transfer request he wont get any money.

So How can you be so sure he dont want to come? EtH been in talks with him for weeks. We wouldnt try sign him if he didnt want to come here

You just made that up, show me where he ever said he does not want to be at United?

He has mentioned wanting to stay but as thousands of previous posts have mentioned he is locked in a death struggle with Barca as they try to screw him out of 17M Euros. The minute Laporta writes the check for his back pay he will be out of there like a rocket.
Well, Sport in Spain has said he's got no intention of coming...
They also said he was doing all possible to join Chelsea when their interest was announced, then when that dried up, his priority was Manchester United, then a few days later, he's absolutely no intention of joining United, so yeah... they know shit

You tell him him Gandalf! :D

A few days ago he wanted to come apperently. But Barca owe him Around €20mill in wages. If he hand in a transfer request he wont get any money.

So How can you be so sure he dont want to come? EtH been in talks with him for weeks. We wouldnt try sign him if he didnt want to come here
Oh god, don't go there... you'll start the whole "prove to me he's given assurances" stuff

Same way as people that believe he wants to come.
I believe a certain narrative in this saga.

He might sign but I don't think he will and if he does it's in the wrong circumstances so hardly ideal.

Shitshow

I've no clue about Vidal, I wasn't on here. I wasn't saying he was sticking his neck on the line. He doesn't do that so if he's saying it's probable that's as strong as he's likely to go on any rumour.
Chillivison. Missed a belter. Seriously though you not follow journos about United away from the caf?

Well, Sport in Spain has said he's got no intention of coming...
They also said he was doing all possible to join Chelsea when their interest was announced, then when that dried up, his priority was Manchester United, then a few days later, he's absolutely no intention of joining United, so yeah... they know shit

Sport is a garbage source deffo! Same tier as Indikayla!

I think he’s just sticking to the “I’m fine here cheers” line.

Barca owe him over €80m over the next four years and Laporta has said wage limits will be €10m/year.

They either;
  1. Break their wage limit (won’t happen)
  2. Negotiate a new contract (possible but after fecking hIm last time, surely he won’t get done twice?)
  3. Isolate him. Play him in the reserves (:lol::nono:)
  4. Pay him off, come to some agreement
The wage issue is preventing registering players, something has to give. You don’t sort Dembele, buy Raphinha, buy Lewa then stall because of €17m… they’re just being their usual selves. Cheap, lying, feckers.

Same way as people that believe he wants to come.
I believe a certain narrative in this saga.

He might sign but I don't think he will and if he does it's in the wrong circumstances so hardly ideal.

Shitshow
We’ll see. There’s no place for passengers in EtH’s team and De Jong for one knows that. So he will give his all and be professional if he comes.

He was supposed to be the next Busquets for Barca but that clearly didnt work out. And now they try to feck him. Not so sure he wants to stay There now.

On the other hand, I think he might be the catalyst for us that we badly need in midfield.

Reactions: Sultan
Again, I don't buy this 'owed deferred wages' having any type of legal ramifications for Barca. He and his agent likely got stitched up good and proper as nobody foresaw him leaving. IF he had any legal case, he could leave and sue us from Manchester as I've posted before, Barca won't be paying him 17mil.

I think had the club sat down with he and his agent, he would of accepted reduced wages in line with the new wage cap Laporta has implemented but instead, the club disrespected him, he's pissed. Wait for the dust to settle and I still think it's an option he might accept. Xavi wanted Bernardo Silva to replace him, it's looking impossible so I won't be surprised if the club start to backtrack, him going on tour might be the first sign. If not this summer, I'm pretty sure he will be leaving though. He doesn't work in the role Xavi plays him in and it's a waste of the players time and the clubs.

Reactions: Sultan
No doubt about it because first and foremost they will be fitter than they have been for quite a while.
Looks like we have finally got a coach in that is giving the team direction.
Yes definitely. As for specially McFred, I’d say coaching is more of an issue than their fitness.

Chillivison. Missed a belter. Seriously though you not follow journos about United away from the caf?

I've heard :lol: Not really back then, I didn't. I used to read the tabloid gossip but it was mostly bullshit so I didn't really get too invested. Once I joined twitter I started following journos and United accounts but that was 2015 sometime I think.

Putting my tin foil hat on for a moment, could this be some kind of reverse Sergio Ramos?

Barca threatening to sell him if he doesn't lower his wages, De Jong doesn't play ball. They negotiate with us, making the threat more real. We're being played the whole time.

Would explain De Jongs public stance, if there wasn't the simple fact they can't sell him against his will. Back to the drawing board

How am I doing, @ThehatchetMan ?

Maybe it's also Frenkie threatening to leave if he doesn't get his money and Barca called his bluff and negotiated with us. Would explain their public stance, less so his

I like it mate. Think a wee seer check on De Jong could do the trick here!

Tbh I don’t know why we’re wasting our time on some waste man who doesn’t wanna play for us. Slaughter him and move on!

deferred wages are contingent on employment. The main reason Barcelona wonna sell him is they have sufficient quality midfielders to cover so they need this transfer fee for Lewandowski and co.

The only was I see this getting resolved at midnight of the transfer deadline is United forking a huge chunk for his wages in form of sign-on bonus and Barcelona paying the other 2/3 rds as a send-off.

giphy.gif

Great film Groundhag Day.

Graham Hunter is a Barcelona fan and is saying that it’s mostly FDJ fault because he wants to prove himself as a top player at Barcelona because As I previously suggested, he’s not exactly been brilliant whilst playing there. The club see him is the most logical sellable asset for raising funds and reducing a bloated wage bill.

Barcelona are signing new players with the draw of playing for Barcelona, yes they are paying quite high transfer fees and agents fees but even Lewandowski has signed on for a rumoured €17m Euros per season or a pay cut from Bayern. I would not be surprised if players like Kessie and Christensen have signed on .€6m per season and Raphina €8m. Why are they doing this, simple new Uefa FFP is demanding that by season 24/25 a club can only spend 70% of their total revenue on wages, transfer and agent fees. Barcelona during the Messi days we’re paying 110%, which is why they are in so much financial trouble today.

The club simply want him gone as he’s on €22M per season going forward for the next three seasons and they want to change their wage structure, With only Busquets, Lewandowski and Dembele near that wage. They just don’t want him which is what Graham Hunter reported, because after their diabolical season last year, they can’t justify his wage or place in the team. Their request for paying his deferred payments owed from his reduced salary to contract of £18m being paid by then over 3 years, he wants it one instalment. It’s going to get nasty in the next two weeks because they can not register any player until they sell him.

Don't believe the Barcelona propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

It's inconceivable to me that Lewandowski has taken a paycut to join an inferior team it just doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.