Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it make sense to sell him given your strength and depth in midfield? I don’t know why this has dragged for so long - do you think United are not offering a fair deal, Laporta playing politics or something else (like Frenkie not actually being that keen on a move)?

It does make sense but as reported before, they owe Frenkie 17M in deferred wages and don't want to pay it. They are delaying in the hope that either we break down and pay it for them or Frenkie agrees to write it off and neither of these things is going to happen. Eventually they will have to bite the bullet and do the deal or give up on their own transfer plans which is why United are utterly unbothered by the delay.

Wouldn’t it make sense to sell him given your strength and depth in midfield? I don’t know why this has dragged for so long - do you think United are not offering a fair deal, Laporta playing politics or something else (like Frenkie not actually being that keen on a move)?
I think Barca promised him things will get normal there in few days time if not they will sell him likewise. So he hold things a bit I think. Otherwise he will be your player at this time.

If we really want him then we have to get it over the line otherwise no matter what the actual reasons are the media will feast on yet another drawn out transfer failure, we need to turn the attitudes to our transfers around and get people talking positively about them.
After signing malacia I thought that was it then, thought we’d be in business and start signing players but doesn’t seem to be the case. The eriksen one is dragging on a little bit aswell, accepted the contract last Monday.

After signing malacia I thought that was it then, thought we’d be in business and start signing players but doesn’t seem to be the case. The eriksen one is dragging on a little bit aswell, accepted the contract last Monday.
Yeah it’s frustrating for sure, I think the Eriksen one will be done next week, but I’m not confident on FDJ at all. I really hope we get him though.

Today’s storyline in Sport - they’re going for the De Jong doesn’t want to go to United angle.

The reported tweet comments don't mean he doesn't want to go even if taken at face value. Basically there is a bullsh1t game of pretending he doesn't want to leave going on and Barca pretending they want to keep him. And it's all about money. Literally none of what is coming from either camp is worth listening to.

The reported tweets comments don't mean he doesn't want to go even if taken at face value. Basically there is a bullsh1t game of pretending he doesn't want to leave going on and Barca pretending they want to keep him. And it's all about money. Literally none of what is coming from either camp is worth listening to.
Sport were saying 2 days ago if he were to leave we’d be the only club he’d join. They’re making it up as they go along.

The same Sport reported this yesterday. Spanish version of The Sun

Tomorrow sport will report that he's desperate to join Chelsea.

Gotta keep mixing it up and get that social media engagement somehow

Frenkie is definetly not untouchable in Xavi's midflield plans. His best position doesnt exist in the normal 4-3-3 and that's also a reason why Barca even consider to sell such a worldclass lad. Bartomeu bought players because of their names, not their usefulness in barca's system. That's why Coutinho and Griezmann failed and Frenkie having problems to show his best performance.
I can only assume that Frenkie hesitates to make a decision, that's why this saga drags on. Barca and United agreed more or less on the fee. If Frenkie gives green light, it won't take a week to wrap it up I believe.

The same Sport reported this yesterday. Spanish version of The Sun

They're just doing all they can to generate clicks and traffic. Do you honestly think that Sport know more about stuff than United do?
Sport are pushing the Barca narrative that they're amazing, incredible and all players want to be there and stay with them. It's a joke

Frenkie is definetly not untouchable in Xavi's midflield plans. His best position doesnt exist in the normal 4-3-3 and that's also a reason why Barca even consider to sell such a worldclass lad. Bartomeu bought players because of their names, not their usefulness in barca's system. That's why Coutinho and Griezmann failed and Frenkie having problems to show his best performance.
I can only assume that Frenkie hesitates to make a decision, that's why this saga drags on. Barca and United agreed more or less on the fee. If Frenkie gives green light, it won't take a week to wrap it up I believe.
Yeah, his best position does exist in pivot 4-2-3-1 and the person who know his characteristics more than anyone else in this planet is ETH.

Can't blame him for hesitating when Barca are telling him that as a reward for being a stand up guy and deferring 17M in wages they want him to agree to write the money off entirely so they can spend it on Kessie and Christensen. The hold up is solely because Barca are effectively trying to steal money from an employee whilst trying to paint themselves as the wronged party. Laporta makes me actually want to vomit every time he speaks.

Ah sorry, must have missed the presentation of the last three players then :D But hey, talking to players is just as good as signing them. ^^
You can’t move the goal posts from negotiating more than 1 player at a time to signing more than 1 player at a time. That’s not how it works! This fecking place man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can’t move the goal posts from negotiating more than 1 player at a time to signing more than 1 player at a time. That’s not how it works! This fecking place man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No goalpost has been moved actually. I agreed that we can continue to stay in the deal with Barca as long as it doesn't negatively effect other business. Then you came and talked about "narratives". Don't need those fancy words, the recruiting has been pretty bad in the last years, gotten a bit better lately (last one or two years in terms of efficiency). The reputation of "one per time" has been built for a reason. So even if that doesn't mean we do it this time again, there sure is a trend.

Lets face it - you don't know if we do stuff behind the scenes. I don't know as well. So based on that, you have chosen to have an optimistic outlook and I feel a pessimistic view is more fitting. We can talk about those opinions all day but as soon as I see such terms like "narratives", I got the impression that somebody misses the old conflicts around here. It is mentionworthy, that a lot of the names from back then defending managers and players are now ready to defend transfer activities. Obviously my memories might just be screwed...

Barca better start thinking of how they're going to pay for all these signings they have planned. For all the brinksmanship, Barca are even more dependent on this transfer happening than we are.

Sports are like the sun apparently. Abysmal source.
Honestly The Sun is so much better than these yo-yoing crazy cats. Never thought I'd say The Sun is better than anything, but there you go. The things we do in this loveable thread!

Now they're saying this

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolute chancers

Hahahaha omg Sport are a mess. They're literally covering everything in the hopes that something sticks.
This has to be Indykaila working a new job? Hard to believe people get paid for posting shit like that.

How can he become a Chelsea player when they're not even bidding for him? I mean... come on

Status
Not open for further replies.